Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,343 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

I haven't received mine yet either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Rfrip wrote: »
    Has anyone received their tickets in the post yet? I got mine ages ago with the discount but no sign of them yet

ABout a month ago

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Bad Seeds doing an Antipodean tour in January and the US in June. Let's hope he's wrong about Sufjan as well. Those two additions alone would make my Picnic a very decent one and much other good info from that article.
    presume by solo gigs he means his/their own standalone shows, ie. not festivals. none of the Aus/NZ/US/Canada gigs seem to be festivals from what I can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Bad Seeds doing an Antipodean tour in January and the US in June. Let's hope he's wrong about Sufjan as well. Those two additions alone would make my Picnic a very decent one and much other good info from that article.
    presume by solo gigs he means his/their own standalone shows, ie. not festivals. none of the Aus/NZ/US/Canada gigs seem to be festivals from what I can see.
    I took it to mean solo as he did last year (with Warren Ellis in tow). And you're right about none of those gigs seeming to be fests, but let's hope he relents and does some in late summer. Twelve years is a long delay for a return to EP (not including Grinderman) and that 2005 set is still amongst the best of the Picnic's history. I'd welcome back Mercury Rev as sub-heads again too. In fact why not just re-run the 2005 fest? Minus James Blunt.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭wowy

Rfrip wrote: »
    Has anyone received their tickets in the post yet? I got mine ages ago with the discount but no sign of them yet

Nope. I just logged into my order history on TM and it says it says that they haven't been dispatched yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

wowy wrote: »
    Nope. I just logged into my order history on TM and it says it says that they haven't been dispatched yet.

Oh brill just checked that and mines the same. Just had this horrid feeling of next August, looking for my ticket and it sold out!!

Anyone been checking out the year end best album polls? Uncut, Rough Trade & Mojo out already.

Lots of contenders for an EP appearance as you'd hope that most will be touring. Of acts that haven't played before it'd be good to see Teenage Fanclub, Thee Oh Sees, Anohni (discounting Antony & the Johnsons in 2006), Lambchop, Avalanches, Charles Bradley, John Cale, Christine & The Queens, Let's Eat Grandma, Kendrick Lamar, Hiss Golden Meddenger, Drive-By Truckers, Bon Iver, A Tribe Called Quest, The Monkees & Steve Mason.

Oh, and can we finally have Wilco back pretty please?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Anyone been checking out the year end best album polls? Uncut, Rough Trade & Mojo out already.

Lots of contenders for an EP appearance as you'd hope that most will be touring. Of acts that haven't played before it'd be good to see Teenage Fanclub, Thee Oh Sees, Anohni (discounting Antony & the Johnsons in 2006), Lambchop, Avalanches, Charles Bradley, John Cale, Christine & The Queens, Let's Eat Grandma, Kendrick Lamar, Hiss Golden Meddenger, Drive-By Truckers, Bon Iver, A Tribe Called Quest, The Monkees & Steve Mason.

Steve Mason's played before, 2010 i think. I'd take him back next year though, really enjoyed the last 2 albums.

Steve Mason's played before, 2010 i think. I'd take him back next year though, really enjoyed the last 2 albums.
    Damn. Missed that. Due a return at this stage I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

chances are we will get something in the first announcement like Arcade Fire with a load of left field acts people believe to be only worthy of sub-headlining that will be bumped in later announcements....who turn out to headline.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Given the way announcements have been handled in the last few years, there's likely to be no chances are.

I'd reckon we'll get squat till march, would be happy to be wrong but given it's a guaranteed sell out each year now, I don't think they need to announce a damn thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Seeing as they've rejigged the loyalty/early bird system to be done before the start of December i wouldn't be surprised if they announced a few names to generate some Christmas sales.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

They rejigged the loyalty/early bird system last year iir - offer was done before Xmas.

The only reason they would need to announce pre-Xmas would be to boost sales and we've heard already that more than 50% of tickets are gone already, so no boost is needed.

I'd like them to announce one or two, but I wouldn't expect it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

Tickets sold out within 9 days of the first acts being announced this year. I would reckon it'll be even sooner next year.
    When do EP usually stop their ticket sale before acts announced?
    I still haven't gotten my ticket..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

No T in the park for 2017.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Fatfrog wrote: »
    No T in the park for 2017.

Id say TITP is gone just like Oxegen. They are already planning a non camping festival in Glasgow

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

The Weeknd's album is out and he will be touring next year, I dunno why but I just feel he's nailed on to take the slot Lana Del ray played this year.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

MadYaker wrote: »
    The Weeknd's album is out and he will be touring next year, I dunno why but I just feel he's nailed on to take the slot Lana Del ray played this year.

Yea either that or headline Longitude?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

more suited to Longitude probably in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭roll

All 3 'solo' albums have been very strong. That 2010 EP appearance took me totally by surprise-can't remember if there was much of a crowd but the gig was fantastic (Boys Outside was a great album to be fair)

• Advertisement

Bodhrandude, 2017 could finally be your year. Aphex Twin announced for Field Day in early June so surely a fair chance he'll be at EP. Fingers crossed for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Bodhrandude, 2017 could finally be your year. Aphex Twin announced for Field Day in early June so surely a fair chance he'll be at EP. Fingers crossed for you.

Is the timing of the tour more suited to Forbidden Fruit?

Is the timing of the tour more suited to Forbidden Fruit?
    Hard to tell, but surely he's more of a fit for EP than anywhere else?

Only one date announced so far. You've got to assume though that he's headed for Primavera and possibly Glasto. EP's timing may lose us the likes of Radiohead & Aphex but I live in hope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

A late night post that needs no reply or acknowledgement, as I really don't want to steer discussion off talk off EP, but I'm finding it hard to just launch back into this thread, and I miss it!

My dad died...a month ago. He had been in perfect health up until 5 weeks before hand. A massive shock! I only mention it here (the only place I would dream of mentioning it) because in a way he was one of us. He adored music and was a musician himself, and I owe my relationship with music to his influence.

We found this Bob Dylan song on his browser a week or so before he died. It's an absolute masterpiece and if it was the only song he ever wrote it would have been deserving of the Nobel Prize.

Music is everything to me right now, and I'm looking forward to EP more than ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Sorry to hear about your dad Sadie06, a lot of the influences in my music would be through my brother and his record collection, that got the ball rolling for me.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Sorry for your loss Sadie.
    You're one of the better contributors here so it'll be good to see you posting again, when you're ready.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

sadie06 wrote: »
    We found this Bob Dylan song on his browser a week or so before he died. It's an absolute masterpiece and if it was the only song he ever wrote it would have been deserving of the Nobel Prize.

Music is everything to me right now, and I'm looking forward to EP more than ever!

Sorry to hear that, but music can be a great help at times like this.

That is one of his best songs. It's from 'Time Out of Mind' which is an absolutely stunning album, written when he was very ill around 96-97, check out "Tryin' to get to Heaven" as well, always chokes me up.

It was also the album that unleashed "Make You Feel My Love" on the world, but Bob's version is great.

Sorry for your loss Sadie, I can't imagine how tough that is and hope that you can eventually overcome the pain. My parents are both in their eighties and I dread hearing the inevitable bad news.
    Take care, and I also look forward to your posts in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Tago Mago

Arcade Fire, Bon Iver, Frank Ocean, The xx, Aphex Twin, Grace Jones, Solange, Van Morrison, Slayer & Run the Jewels prominent on the Primavera line-up....

http://nialler9.com/primavera-sound-announces-lineup-arcade-fire-frank-ocean-bon-iver-solange-aphex-twin/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

tickets arrived yesterday

275 sleeps

Advertisement