Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Tago Mago wrote: »
    Arcade Fire, Bon Iver, Frank Ocean, The xx, Aphex Twin, Grace Jones, Solange, Van Morrison, Slayer & Run the Jewels prominent on the Primavera line-up....

http://nialler9.com/primavera-sound-announces-lineup-arcade-fire-frank-ocean-bon-iver-solange-aphex-twin/

and lots more great acts not so prominent

Ridiculously (ultra)decent line up!

But we will get Mr. Motivator (or his ilk) .. so there, Primavera!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Slayer, Grace Jones, Van Morrison...

That's quite an eclectic selection

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

That's settled it for me anyway.

With Radiohead in the 3 Arena in June and Bon Iver, Arcade Fire, the xx, Run the Jewels and Broken Social Scene at Primavera, I'll be skipping EP next year.

No doubt, EP will have a cracking line up (as it always does - in fact, most of these will likely be there!) but the change of scenery will do me no harm. I had planned on a foreign fest at some point anyway and, sadly, I couldn't afford the lot.

Cue: Daft Punk for Picnic, or some magnificent **** like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

The change of scenery will do me no harm.

Warm weather and beaches during the day. It's a nice change.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Tago Mago wrote: »
    Arcade Fire, Bon Iver, Frank Ocean, The xx, Aphex Twin, Grace Jones, Solange, Van Morrison, Slayer & Run the Jewels prominent on the Primavera line-up....

http://nialler9.com/primavera-sound-announces-lineup-arcade-fire-frank-ocean-bon-iver-solange-aphex-twin/
    Underwhelming for PS I reckon, particularly the headliners. Though hats off to the eclecticism.
    A few of those are Stradbally-bound I'd say and I'd be happy with The Zombies, Wedding Present, Wave Pictures, Van Morrison, Arcade Fire, Aphex, Grandaddy, Teenage Fanclub, Bon Iver, King Gizzard & The Afghan Whigs. Give me 4/5 of those and I'm set up for the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

first R&L announcement. ATD-I and Danny Brown please.

reading_leeds_line_up_2017_poster-648x1024.jpeg

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Would love Muse although their stage show would be too big for the Main Stage. Id be amazed if Bastille dont show up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

first R&L announcement. ATD-I and Danny Brown please.

reading_leeds_line_up_2017_poster-648x1024.jpeg

Hopefully we get Major Laser so,was hoping for calvin harris this year but they would fit the late saturday slot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

showpony1 wrote: »
    Hopefully we get Major Laser so,was hoping for calvin harris this year but they would fit the late saturday slot.

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I would be gutted if Major Lazer was booked as the big dance act this year, of all the candidates for that slot it is definitely the least appealing to me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I can see these lad being the big dance act or one of them

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

final instalment payment made today. Roll on the announcements!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Green day doing Kilmainham gig 29th of June, I presume they're playing Glastonbury too?

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Green day doing Kilmainham gig 29th of June, I presume they're playing Glastonbury too?
    nope, not big enough to headline it these days, and they'll hardly play a lower slot when they can headline the likes of R&L or BST. playing 2 gigs in Germany that weekend too.
    Ed Sheeran and Foo Fighters are likely to be the headliners.

Snarky Snark Snark

They're nearly 30 years going, gazillions of records sold, they could be a shout for headlining the other stage some night, they would still have a high enough profile for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

I would be gutted if Major Lazer was booked as the big dance act this year, of all the candidates for that slot it is definitely the least appealing to me.

+1. After Chem Bros' brilliant Fri night slot this year I hope they keep the high standards going and book a decent dance act. Not Major Lazer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Do Royksopp tour much? Wouldn't mind seeing them added

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Would love to see Die Antwoord added

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Wildsurfer

Synode wrote: »
    A moment that always stuck with me was watching Royksopp do a version of 'clocks' by Coldplay. I think it was at witness? Coldplay were headlining on the main stage same time as Royksopp, so guy in band thanked crowd for coming to see them instead of Coldplay and then kicked into the Clocks cover. I was in a happy place:)

Snarky Snark Snark

listening to the new Childish Gambino (donglover hehehe), if he could put an appearance in (and not fcuk up being Lando then I would be so happy)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Northernsoul

Tickets arrived today!
    For the record - If either Calvin Harris or Major Lazer are announced as the dance headliners, I will have 2 tickets for sale....

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭trinib

Hey, just wondering is anybody familiar with the instalment plan.
    It's the first time I purchased tickets this way.
    Got an email this week saying the second installment was due the 1st of Dec. Does it come out of my account automatically because it hasn't yet or do I need to physically make a payment. Apologies if I'm posting in the wrong area.
    Thanks

it will come out automatically.
    can't remember my own ones, but I've seen people posting here for EP and other events that the instalments that have been taken several days after they were supposed to. if they haven't taken it by next Friday then give Ticketmaster a ring I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Tago Mago

Death knell for EP as we know it.....

Synode wrote: »
    A good call. Would love to see them return. Thought they would when touring with Robyn two years ago but alas no joy. Brilliant in 2005 but suffered from being sandwiched between Arcade Fire & Kraftwerk in the Electric Arena.

That day's lineup for that stage ain't ever going to be matched.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Justice would be ideal for the friday night, get on it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    A good call. Would love to see them return. Thought they would when touring with Robyn two years ago but alas no joy. Brilliant in 2005 but suffered from being sandwiched between Arcade Fire & Kraftwerk in the Electric Arena.

Robyn would be a welcome addition for many too, I'd say. Lot of good songs. Has she played EP before?

A run of Arcade Fire, Royksopp and Kraftwerk would still be a cracking set up at this year's fest - it's amazing how good some of the older line-ups were.
    MadYaker wrote: »

Saw Justice at the Marquee in Cork a few years ago. They were great, very small crowd there for them but a really entertaining show.

New album is ****e, though, which is a little unfortunate.

Still would be a welcome sight at any fest though - much more so than Major Lazer would was absolute ****e at Longitude last year for anyone unfortunate enough to be there.

Robyn would be a welcome addition for many too, I'd say. Lot of good songs. Has she played EP before?

A run of Arcade Fire, Royksopp and Kraftwerk would still be a cracking set up at this year's fest - it's amazing how good some of the older line-ups were.
    MadYaker wrote: »

Saw Justice at the Marquee in Cork a few years ago. They were great, very small crowd there for them but a really entertaining show.

New album is ****e, though, which is a little unfortunate.

Still would be a welcome sight at any fest though - much more so than Major Lazer would was absolute ****e at Longitude last year for anyone unfortunate enough to be there.

Robyn played the Electric Arena in 2010, late afternoon/early evening slot from what I remember. It's not my bag but I caught 30 mins of it and was impressed. Reckon she'd be a bit special with Royksopp.

And I seem to remember Goldfrapp playing before Arcade Fire in the EA also. Also had Flaming Lips & Doves on the main stage that evening. Heady days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Robyn played the Electric Arena in 2010, late afternoon/early evening slot from what I remember. It's not my bag but I caught 30 mins of it and was impressed. Reckon she'd be a bit special with Royksopp.

And I seem to remember Goldfrapp playing before Arcade Fire in the EA also. Also had Flaming Lips & Doves on the main stage that evening. Heady days.

From what i remember Goldfrapp were on after Arcade Fire, who were after Mixmaster Mike & Hot Chip!

• Advertisement

From what i remember Goldfrapp were on after Arcade Fire, who were after Mixmaster Mike & Hot Chip!
    You may be right, I recall Goldfrapp being circa 3.30 and Arcade Fire at 5 but the memory ain't as reliable anymore. And has there ever been a year where neither Hot Chip nor James Murphy are present? I guess the first one, and possibly 2017 though I expect Murphy to pop up somewhere or other.

Advertisement