Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

Flo Jo played the thursday following EP, but that's fcuk all to do with playing EP two years in a row which you have the Editors on for.

Pop, i didn't see that one, i was going from his website.

IOW is two months before EP, they've Rod Stewart too, why not fetishize him for EP instead of Gutter?

You seriously have the rampant horn for David Goiter, i'd see a doctor if I was you.

so you are saying that apart from disagreeing with editors, its a fairly accurate line-up. why attacking me so? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Attacking you, where? You're not answering simple question, what's with the David Ginola obsession and conviction that EP would book him.

And no, I don't think it's accurate.

Attacking you, where? You're not answering simple question, what's with the David Ginola obsession and conviction that EP would book him.

And no, I don't think it's accurate.

"You seriously have the rampant horn for David Goiter, i'd see a doctor if I was you."

Same as every other act, they have been booked to summer festivals - there is usually a dance act on friday or sat night. it seems like you are the one fixated on Guetta its just one of many acts ive put in there using the same logic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

showpony1 wrote: »
    "You seriously have the rampant horn for David Goiter, i'd see a doctor if I was you."

Same as every other act, they have been booked to summer festivals - there is usually a dance act on friday or sat night. it seems like you are the one fixated on Guetta its just one of many acts ive put in there using the same logic.

But it's a reputable dance act that's usually booked for the Fri night. Underworld in 2015, Chemical Brothers this year, they'd hardly have a poppy EDM knackfest dance act.

Snarky Snark Snark

There is usually a dance act, but they do tend to be less of an edm/poppy bent (excluding Fatboy Slim in 2013, and he at least has a bit of history behind him and a really long career)

The last few years have seen Chemical Bros, Underworld etc... that would be a serious dive in quality and style to go for Guetta.

• Advertisement

But it's a reputable dance act that's usually booked for the Fri night. Underworld in 2015, Chemical Brothers this year, they'd hardly have a poppy EDM knackfest dance act.

Fatboy Slim, Disclosure, MK, Duke Dumont, Annie Mac all played in recent years similar kind of acts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

In the past ten years or so it has been Chemical Brothers x3, Underworld x2, Disclosure, Fatboy Slim, Orbital x2, Leftfield, 2manyDJs, Basement Jaxx as the main stage dance acts. Absolutely no chance it is going to be David Guetta and if it is it will be the end of Electric Picnic for a lot of people. He stands out like a sore thumb from that list mainly.

Don't think it will be Mumford & Sons either, and if they do play I don't think they will headline the main stage any night, maybe sub headline it at best (or worst!). Picnic is guaranteed to sell out so why would the owners start booking acts like these? It would be shooting themselves in the foot.

Arcade Fire could be in with a good chance of headlining, as are the XX. For the dance act I would guess one from Aphex Twin, Justice (hopefully) or Major Lazer. I have zero insight into who they are going to book but it won't be David Guetta.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

In the past ten years or so it has been Chemical Brothers x3, Underworld x2, Disclosure, Fatboy Slim, Orbital x2, Leftfield, 2manyDJs, Basement Jaxx as the main stage dance acts. Absolutely no chance it is going to be David Guetta and if it is it will be the end of Electric Picnic for a lot of people. He stands out like a sore thumb from that list mainly.

Don't think it will be Mumford & Sons either, and if they do play I don't think they will headline the main stage any night, maybe sub headline it at best (or worst!). Picnic is guaranteed to sell out so why would the owners start booking acts like these? It would be shooting themselves in the foot.

Arcade Fire could be in with a good chance of headlining, as are the XX. For the dance act I would guess one from Aphex Twin, Justice (hopefully) or Major Lazer. I have zero insight into who they are going to book but it won't be David Guetta.
    If m&s do play, they'll certainly headline. They've headlined Glasto.

Major lazer and David guetta are pretty much the same type of thing and will attract same crowd so don't understand why people want them but going mad about guetta. Sure his music is pumping out of cocktail cocktail half the day it's not like the crowd that go don't like it.

I find the people who post here generally are in the minority each year in terms of which acts they like at these festivals

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Major lazer and David guetta are pretty much the same type of thing and will attract same crowd so don't understand why people want them but going mad about guetta. Sure his music is pumping out of cocktail cocktail half the day it's not like the crowd that go don't like it.

I find the people who post here generally are in the minority each year in terms of which acts they like at these festivals I.e. You have year and years packed out in the electric arena but are ****e according to the posters here.

Cocktail cocktail, Heineken Area etc are like honeytraps for the type of people who like David Guetta so the rest of us can enjoy the festival.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭glencurtis252

There's some awful moany ***** on here no1 is entitled to an opinion without someone getting hot and bothered

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Paddy2012

Only a handful of acts from Lowlands and Zurich Openair also played EP this year and excluding Noel G they were mostly acts who played previously so based on that I guess The XX, Elbow and Mumford and Sons seem the most likely next year (although I would love Iggy Pop and The Prodigy)

Snarky Snark Snark

Would Elbow come back to EP after the ****e they dealt with last time with FR? They're in Olympia in Feb too so could consider the country ticked off their list for the year.

Snarky Snark Snark

There's some awful moany ***** on here no1 is entitled to an opinion without someone getting hot and bothered

latest?cb=20130504072315

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

In the past ten years or so it has been Chemical Brothers x3, Underworld x3(First in the Electric Arena Sunday 2008), Disclosure, Fatboy Slim x2, Orbital x2, Leftfield, 2manyDJs x3 or 4, Basement Jaxx x2 (I think) as the main stage dance acts. Absolutely no chance it is going to be David Guetta and if it is it will be the end of Electric Picnic for a lot of people. He stands out like a sore thumb from that list mainly.

FYP

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I find the people who post here generally are in the minority each year in terms of which acts they like at these festivals

Sorry dude there was a reason why there was the creation of Electric Picnic, because a certain other festival was in existence that normally would cater for your choices. The bulk of electronic dance acts at the Picnic would be more left of the field, quirky, underground, electronic dance music for the rocker and punk crowd in a way and everything else in between. Guetta and Harris could do standalone gigs and probably sell them out, same with Swedish House Mafia and all that guff.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

If M&S do play they are 100% headliner

Snarky Snark Snark

If M&S do play they are 100% headliner

Yarp, though could get lucky and they might do a gig in RHk or point, I don't think they're the worst, just bland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

When the likes of David Guetta are even been mentioned as a rumour you know the festival is dying and tbh its pretty much dead as far as Im concerned..it might sound like a bit of a cliche but its gone commercial as fcuk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Would Elbow come back to EP after the ****e they dealt with last time with FR? They're in Olympia in Feb too so could consider the country ticked off their list for the year.

They're also playing the Marquee in Cork in June. It would be very unusual for a band to play 3 gigs in Ireland and then come back the same year for a festival.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

loads of bands play Dublin in the Spring and then play festivals, especially MCD gigs/FR festivals.
    Aiken might have tied them into an exclusivity clause for the summer with that Marquee show though, or EP have already booked their top acts and Elbow weren't one of them (hopefully).

Snarky Snark Snark

loads of bands play Dublin in the Spring and then play festivals, especially MCD gigs/FR festivals.
    Aiken might have tied them into an exclusivity clause for the summer with that Marquee show though, or EP have already booked their top acts and Elbow weren't one of them (hopefully).

The festival headliners would indeed be sorted by now (or months ago).
    Didn't know about the Marquee gig, that with the two in the Olympia probably rules them out.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Welcome the very first names of the #sziget2017 line-up! ;)
    Major Lazer * Dimitri Vegas and Like Mike * Two Door Cinema Club * Tom Odell * Bad Religion * DJ Shadow * Mac DeMarco * Vince Staples * W&W * Oliver Heldens * WE ARE GTA * Kensington * Oh Wonder * GusGus Many

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

When the likes of David Guetta are even been mentioned as a rumour you know the festival is dying and tbh its pretty much dead as far as Im concerned..it might sound like a bit of a cliche but its gone commercial as fcuk.

Yeah you're right one guy mentioning David Guetta means the festival is 100% dead, anyone want to buy my ticket? :rolleyes:

Bon Iver has just been announced for forbidden fruit.... that surely makes a Picnic appearance a awful lot less likely. :( €60 for a Monday ticket with a few good names is tempting though.

Snarky Snark Snark

MadYaker wrote: »
    Bon Iver has just been announced for forbidden fruit.... that surely makes a Picnic appearance a awful lot less likely. :( €60 for a Monday ticket with a few good names is tempting though.

Yeah, i'd say so, esp given he's "curating" it, shame that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

Welcome the very first names of the #sziget2017 line-up! ;)
    Major Lazer * Dimitri Vegas and Like Mike * Two Door Cinema Club * Tom Odell * Bad Religion * DJ Shadow * Mac DeMarco * Vince Staples * W&W * Oliver Heldens * WE ARE GTA * Kensington * Oh Wonder * GusGus Many

Major Lazer strikes again!

Major Lazer strikes again!

no guetta? ;)

When the likes of David Guetta are even been mentioned as a rumour you know the festival is dying and tbh its pretty much dead as far as Im concerned.

jaysus the amount of posts like this on this thread drives me mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Why would you let someone's opinion drive you mad?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

giphy.gif

Advertisement