Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Would love if Jon Hopkins played in 2017, really enjoyed him last time!!! His album randomly came on in the car on the way home the other day, took a "long-cut" home ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I really hope so too. There'd be some celebrations on boards, bodhrandude :D

You mentioned before that he doesn't perform any of his mainstream hits anymore though, which is a pity! I'd pay extra just to hear 'Come to Daddy' and 'Windowlicker' live!

The last time he played Come to Daddy was 2009 I think in Japan at a festival there, he came quite near it at Forbidden Fruit, it sounded like an Analord dubplate version, broke down without the creepiness, the abrasive DnB or voices and is called AFX - W32.Mydoom.AU@mm (Analord 11). Thats not to say the set is often loaded with lots of DnB and jungle too.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

I really hope so too. There'd be some celebrations on boards, bodhrandude :D

You mentioned before that he doesn't perform any of his mainstream hits anymore though, which is a pity! I'd pay extra just to hear 'Come to Daddy' and 'Windowlicker' live!

The last time he played Come to Daddy was 2009 I think in Japan at a festival there, he came quite near it at Forbidden Fruit, it sounded like an Analord dubplate version, broke down without the creepiness, the abrasive DnB or voices and is called AFX - W32.Mydoom.AU@mm (Analord 11).  Thats not to say the set is often loaded with lots of DnB and jungle too.

You sure BD? Your details seem quite vague.

Have a great Xmas and the same to all fellow posters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

8 months to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

8 months to go!

Lol saw that today and genuinely got excited! 8 months doesn't seem that far away!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

Rfrip wrote: »
    Lol saw that today and genuinely got excited! 8 months doesn't seem that far away!!

Me too :) Will prob be 2 months before first acts get announced...festival buzz is upon us.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

242 sleeps Ladies and Germs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

no tickets available on tm today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Peter File wrote: »
    no tickets available on tm today

They went off sale just before Christmas. Pretty sure they said the last batch of tickets would be back on sale soon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

London Grammar released a new single yesterday, i'm expecting an album + tour. They've done very little touring since the last time they played the EP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Northernsoul

Happy new Year & all that jazz! This US festival announced some headliners that I would love to see at EP. ...Not Maroon 5 obvs ...but Tom Petty though, is playing his only European show in 2017 at Hyde Park with support from Stevie Nicks. Could she be a contender for EP? I have a ticket so I'll see them either way but a possibility? Also I see House of Pain on this line-up, which I imagine would be a cert if they are doing an international tour. I'd just stay for Jump Around & Top of The Morning to Ya' and then leave. Satisfied. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

C1Q7n4MUQAAnedl.jpg

Coachella line up, usually we get a few of their acts over at EP or at least gives us a good idea who is touring this summer.

Can't imagine we will get any of those headliners, I thought the Gorillaz would be touring next summer but maybe not. The XX must be a shoe in to headline EP unless Longitude nabs them.

Of that line up I would love to see the XX, Justice, Empire of the Sun, Little Dragon, Jagwar Ma, Bicep, Tycho, Royksopp, Four Tet, The Avalanches, Warpaint, Classixx, Breakbot, Daphni, Floating Points, SURVIVE. And Radiohead but that won't happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Real Estate would be lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Real Estate would be lovely.

Indeed, Thundercat. Sure we'd all love our own place. Not to worry. ...there's always music.

C1Q7n4MUQAAnedl.jpg

Coachella line up, usually we get a few of their acts over at EP or at least gives us a good idea who is touring this summer.

Can't imagine we will get any of those headliners, I thought the Gorillaz would be touring next summer but maybe not. The XX must be a shoe in to headline EP unless Longitude nabs them.

Of that line up I would love to see the XX, Justice, Empire of the Sun, Little Dragon, Jagwar Ma, Bicep, Tycho, Royksopp, Four Tet, The Avalanches, Warpaint, Classixx, Breakbot, Daphni, Floating Points, SURVIVE. And Radiohead but that won't happen.
    Isn't that a pretty poor line-up Ferris? Some great acts in there but Coachella's exceptional years have probably gone and I'd honestly expect better for EP.

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Isn't that a pretty poor line-up Ferris? Some great acts in there but Coachella's great years have probably gone and I'd honestly expect better for EP.

Hard to say really, probably not one if their more memorable line ups but I would guess the Americans taste could be different to our own. Way too much hip-hop and EDM for my liking but there is some really good stuff too, I would agree though that I'd be hoping EP will be better or at least more to my tastes.

Snarky Snark Snark

Ok, must have zero taste here, that looks like a really decent line up for the most part

Ok, must have zero taste here, that looks like a really decent line up for the most part
    It's all subjective, a fair few great acts but overall just not for me. They used to have my fave line-ups, but now Primavera holds that honour. The live streams also seem to indicate a festival that's becoming hugely fixed on dance & hip-hop. No bad thing if the acts are good enough, but I don't reckon they have been for some time.

Time to inject a little life into this thread as seemingly no Festival Republic disclosures until March. 
    I suggest anyone who has the inclination gives a list of ten acts (good or bad) they believe will be playing at EP in September. Not just acts you're hoping for but those whose tour schedules and suitability imply could be turning up.We can then have a look back the week before the fest and see how off target we all were. I'll start off:

Radiohead
    Aphex Twin
    Mumford & Sons (alas)
    Two Door Cinema Club (not my bag, but very likely)
    DJ Shadow
    Father John Misty
    Jagwar Ma
    Let's Eat Grandma
    Alt-J
    Moderat

We get most of those and I'll be happy. Any other predictions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Time to inject a little life into this thread as seemingly no Festival Republic disclosures until March. 
    I suggest anyone who has the inclination gives a list of ten acts (good or bad) they believe will be playing at EP in September. Not just acts you're hoping for but those whose tour schedules and suitability imply could be turning up.We can then have a look back the week before the fest and see how off target we all were. I'll start off:

Radiohead
    Aphex Twin
    Mumford & Sons (alas)
    Two Door Cinema Club (not my bag, but very likely)
    DJ Shadow
    Father John Misty
    Jagwar Ma
    Let's Eat Grandma
    Alt-J
    Moderat

We get most of those and I'll be happy. Any other predictions?

I would be fairly happy with some of that on the list, Moderat are long overdue since they last played EP in 2009, DJ Shadow, Aphex Twin, TDCC seem to be doing a lot of festivals so a possibility. Flume, London Grammar, Maceo Plex, Jon Hopkins, Bicep, The XX as well as Aphex playing Flow Festival in Helsinki on 11th - 13th August, so three weeks from the EP date.

http://www.flowfestival.com/en/artists/

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Good idea! Agree with you on some of them but will try to pick different ones. Hard to call 10 this far out but for what it's worth here is my guess:

The XX
    Arcade Fire
    Major Lazer
    Bastille
    Warpaint
    Mac Demarco
    Alt J
    Metronomy
    Imagine Dragons
    Madness

The only ones I would confidently put money on are the XX and Alt J.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭EIREDriver

Was Noel Gallagher good last summer? Big Oasis fan so I'd love to see him live.

This will be my first EP so really looking forward to it!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

EIREDriver wrote: »

Yup , i really enjoyed his set

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

I'm a big Noel fan and have seen him a good few times. Saw him twice in 2016 - his EP performance was very good (though I missed some as I ran off to see the Shins). Saw him at Sziget also, which wasn't as great, partially cause a lot of the crowd didn't seem to have much interest and there wasn't as much engagement. His shows in the Point have been fantastic every time.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Amirani wrote: »
    I'm a big Noel fan and have seen him a good few times. Saw him twice in 2016 - his EP performance was very good (though I missed some as I ran off to see the Shins). Saw him at Sziget also, which wasn't as great, partially cause a lot of the crowd didn't seem to have much interest and there wasn't as much engagement. His shows in the Point have been fantastic every time.

Yea he was playing Pukkelpop in 2016 but i went back to my tent because it was lashing. But from reports he wasnt in great form because the crowd was quite small on the Main Stage and they were not very responsive

Snarky Snark Snark

He was cracking, very much seemed to feed off the audience, some of the newer songs were a bit meh but he did give it socks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭Wooderson

He was cracking, very much seemed to feed off the audience, some of the newer songs were a bit meh but he did give it socks.

50% of it was dreadful IMO. First half basically.

Only caught the first half-hour as went off to see The Shins. What I saw was great and he supposedly got better as it went on. He finished with The Masterplan, Wonderwall, AKA...What A Life! & Don't Look Back In Anger so I reckon you'd have been reasonably pleased.

• Advertisement

Good idea! Agree with you on some of them but will try to pick different ones. Hard to call 10 this far out but for what it's worth here is my guess:

The XX
    Arcade Fire
    Major Lazer
    Bastille
    Warpaint
    Mac Demarco
    Alt J
    Metronomy
    Imagine Dragons
    Madness

The only ones I would confidently put money on are the XX and Alt J.
    Arcade Fire! Of course. Had forgotten. Let's hope they start appearing in August festival line-ups soon. We won't have both them or Radiohead but either will do for me.
    And sadly Bastille seem inevitable. Though thankfully we won't have The 1975 or Years & Years back.

Advertisement