Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Canneverfindit

MJohnston wrote: »
    The bar for what they'll accept as proof is extremely low. I sent in 3 photos of me *at* the festival, wearing different lanyards each time, and that did it for them. Photos of you with wristbands or whatever will be fine.

Aw brilliant! thanks for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

whats the email address to apply for loyalty codes?

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭deeks

Deeks - I havent applied yet but have had a peek at what is needed for previous proof of attendance. There seemed to be a long list - I'm presuming (I hope) that its not all of the things they listed (ticketmaster confirmation/ wristband photo of you wearing it etc) and its just one?

Can I ask what proof you sent? I'm hoping to apply tomorrow.

Thing is, I have my ticketmaster email from 2015 - grand.
    In 2014 and 2016 friends bought the tickets. I'm not in the business of taking a close up photo of me wearing a wristband at the picnic (but will start). I have all my wristbands but know I could have just got them off anyone. Am wondering if screenshots of my FB page with the date/ location 'stradbally' will do it for the other two years..

I was in the same boat to a degree cos I only bought my ticket once myself. I've sent in photos on myself onsite in three different years and as far as I can see that should be enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Would The Prodigy do it I wonder.. Would make for another cracker of a Friday night!

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Canneverfindit

deeks wrote: »
    I was in the same boat to a degree cos I only bought my ticket once myself. I've sent in photos on myself onsite in three different years and as far as I can see that should be enough.

Thank you! will you let us know if you hear anymore from them please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭pah

I've been in 2009 2010 2016

I have absolutely no documentary evidence whatsoever of 2009 & 2010 :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Reminder if you've bought from ticketmaster online you don't have to do anything, they'll pick it up from your account history and email code.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mahoganygas

I stayed in Boutique camping this year and loved it. Maybe I'm showing my age, but it was great to go back outside, chill out for an hour and recharge the phone.

Yes, it's expensive. But they didn't search my bag once. I brought all my booze in with me, and only visited the bars a handful of times. That alone almost paid for the camping.

There's also a "Guest Area" to the right of main stage which we were allowed access to. Most didn't realise this. There's a sheltered bar, benches, food stands, and real toilets. It was a nice unexpected bonus. A few RTE heads floating about too if you're into that.

If you can spare the money, or have a bad back like mine, then I recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

I stayed in Boutique camping this year and loved it. Maybe I'm showing my age, but it was great to go back outside, chill out for an hour and recharge the phone.

Yes, it's expensive. But they didn't search my bag once. I brought all my booze in with me, and only visited the bars a handful of times. That alone almost paid for the camping.

There's also a "Guest Area" to the right of main stage which we were allowed access to. Most didn't realise this. There's a sheltered bar, benches, food stands, and real toilets. It was a nice unexpected bonus. A few RTE heads floating about too if you're into that.

If you can spare the money, or have a bad back like mine, then I recommend it.

sounds appealing.... how much did you pay?.... as im hitting my late 30's :( i dont fancy camping with noisey teens anymore.... looking at other options in future

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭boardie100

I'm assuming i can buy these tickets in person and use previous years wristbands to get a discount?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

boardie100 wrote: »
    I'm assuming i can buy these tickets in person and use previous years wristbands to get a discount?

No. The EP website is very clear about how to get your discount code: http://www.electricpicnic.ie/information/ticket-info/loyalty-ticket-offer

No. The EP website is very clear about how to get your discount code: http://www.electricpicnic.ie/information/ticket-info/loyalty-ticket-offer

thanks for the link....

does this not cover it though?

Customers wishing to purchase from Ticketmaster outlets should bring along any of the above 3 forms of proof in order to avail of the discount.

I was able to do it last year in person, just showed my wristband from year before... hope can do the same this time

boardie100 wrote: »
    thanks for the link....

does this not cover it though?

Customers wishing to purchase from Ticketmaster outlets should bring along any of the above 3 forms of proof in order to avail of the discount.

I was able to do it last year in person, just showed my wristband from year before... hope can do the same this time

Fair enough, you're right, I missed that line!

Fair enough, you're right, I missed that line!

now i just need to dig it out!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

just got my loyalty code email

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

yarp, they're early with them this year, got mine too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

Has anybody who has bought their previous years tickets from Ticketmaster received theirs? Or have those of you who've got them bought from other sources?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

got mine as well but it was in my promotions gmail tab

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Got my loyalty code but it's only for 1 or 2 despite me buying 4 of them in the past using the same ticketmaster account

Got my loyalty code but it's only for 1 or 2 despite me buying 4 of them in the past using the same ticketmaster account

Same for me, idiots!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭jak/mar

Lads its my first time filling out this form for the loyalty tickets and I'm just wondering what the best way to do it is.
    Just fill it out and then email the photos of proof or is there another way?
    Also is my booking reference my order number from ticketmaster?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

They've sent me the 2 picnic code as well despite this year being my 4th year in a row at the festival. Do we just contact them through the form as per the instructions on the website and they'll issue a new code?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

jak/mar wrote: »
    Lads its my first time filling out this form for the loyalty tickets and I'm just wondering what the best way to do it is.
    Just fill it out and then email the photos of proof or is there another way?
    Also is my booking reference my order number from ticketmaster?
    Thanks

If you're sending photo proof you don't need to bother with the booking reference or order number just make sure you name the picture yourname_Wristbands_2016 or yourname_bookreferences_2016 or something like that and email it to them. Then fill out and send the form too.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭deeks

Anyone that only applied via e-mail / form yesterday get a code yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

After not getting a code automatically last year despite being to 5 picnics already, I filled in the forms at 4.45.

Then got code at 5.20 but I think this WAS an automatic one based on Ticketmaster!!!

Anyhow, just glad to have it. Interested to see if I get a second one now!

Anyone know how much it cost to get one of the 6 or 8 person cabin things that were in the pink moon area?

Think they might be run by podpads but can't find prices for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

They'll probably have the prices on their site when they start accepting bookings

They'll probably have the prices on their site when they start accepting bookings

Understood. Bunch of mates planning to book accommodation first thing Friday though and would like to know this year's prices today or tomorrow so we can decide ahead of then if we want to go for a scatter of pink moon 2 mans or the cabin things.

Pink Moon tent prices are up already but not podpads.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Reded

Aren't we a gas crew all the same! We spent the last couple of months giving out about lack of announcements and weak line ups and now we are leading the charge for early bird tickets and PM camping! :-))

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

Reded wrote: »
    Aren't we a gas crew all the same! We spent the last couple of months giving out about lack of announcements and weak line ups and now we are leading the charge for early bird tickets and PM camping! :-))

ah it just always delivers, i dunno what it is about it! if it was on this weekend, i'd go again

Advertisement