Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

sadie06 wrote: »
    I love me a good Radiohead rumour, so it pains me to put a practical spin on all the talk of them playing EP.

I hope with all my heart it happens BUT with the recent death of Thom Yorke's long-term partner (they only separated in the last year also) it will be a miracle if they fulfil their existing bookings, but I'd be surprised if they take on more. He is now a single parent of two children that will be preparing to go back to school at around that time.

Sorry to put a dampener on this....I would rejoice if they were announced as I missed the boat completely on their standalone gig.
    Unfortunately Sadie, that's a very strong point. Checked online and most schools in England start on Sept 4, not great timing for EP. More importantly I hope the guy and his kids are doing ok in their grieving. And the same for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

With radiohead playing the point in the summer, they won't be playing the picnic

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Coz

Does anyone think Vulfpeck might make an appearance?

Kinda just putting it out there in the hope that it'll make it happen!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Speaking of Radiohead talk , When are QOTSA gonna be announced................

Don't see a link to Radiohead here at all. As for Queens news record or tour wise - nada.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Fatfrog wrote: »

Just take the ticket and the minute you get in the gate do a runner

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Four Tet doing a set b2b with Floating Points would be epic.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Tago Mago

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Time to inject a little life into this thread as seemingly no Festival Republic disclosures until March. 
    I suggest anyone who has the inclination gives a list of ten acts (good or bad) they believe will be playing at EP in September. Not just acts you're hoping for but those whose tour schedules and suitability imply could be turning up.We can then have a look back the week before the fest and see how off target we all were. I'll start off:

Radiohead
    Aphex Twin
    Mumford & Sons (alas)
    Two Door Cinema Club (not my bag, but very likely)
    DJ Shadow
    Father John Misty
    Jagwar Ma
    Let's Eat Grandma
    Alt-J
    Moderat

We get most of those and I'll be happy. Any other predictions?

Arcade Fire
    Stone Roses
    Tribe Called Quest
    Justice
    Jagwar Ma
    Run the Jewels
    2manydjs
    Jamie T
    Aphex Twin
    Chance the Rapper

As a wildcard would love to see Paul Weller in the Noelie G slot from last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Rob094

Coz wrote: »
    Does anyone think Vulfpeck might make an appearance?

Kinda just putting it out there in the hope that it'll make it happen!

I know the guys and it's certainly not on their radar for the moment anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Todd Terje

Bonobo would be a nice addition.
    Hopefully he'll be doing the festival circuit this summer. New album out this Friday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

he's playing Glastonbury at the end of June so is presumably doing some others too.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭glencurtis252

The killers and Kings of Leon are playing tinderbox in Denmark the same weekend as Glastonbury if that's any indication to either of them at EP

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭milehip

The killers and Kings of Leon are playing tinderbox in Denmark the same weekend as Glastonbury if that's any indication to either of them at EP

Well standards have gone downhill in the last few years,
    so I'd be optimistic if I was you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Anyone want an early bird ticket for 170 ? PM me

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

threein99 wrote: »

I'd reckon most here have theirs, might be worth a shout sticking it on toutless

• Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭leakyboots

threein99 wrote: »

PM sent!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

the new xx album is excellent, really hope they headline now. they were great when they subbed a few years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

the new xx album is excellent, really hope they headline now. they were great when they subbed a few years ago.

Is it on Spotify - can't seem to find it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Synode wrote: »
    Is it on Spotify - can't seem to find it

It's released tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 emmallow

I'm hoping the new Flaming Lips album is decent, I'd love to see them announced this year

• Advertisement

emmallow wrote: »
    I'm hoping the new Flaming Lips album is decent, I'd love to see them announced this year

I've read a few reviews that say its a 'return to form' but anything I've heard off it has been gibberish.

They've not released anything worthwhile since 'At War With the Mystics' IMO, but they are always so much fun live regardless.

For a band who used to show up here every few months, it's been ages since they've played as far as I can remember.

When's it out?

Few decent new albums due out soon - Spoon have one in March (I think) and I'm looking forward to Bonobo, which is out tomorrow I think.

Run the Jewels is officially released tomorrow too, but has been streaming on Spotify and Apple since Christmas. It's a great album too IMO.

Looking forward to Sinkane, the Shins, Laura Marling and the Jesus & Mary Chain too, which are all out between now and the end of March - any would worth a shout for EP too I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Shins played last year though?

Shins played last year though?

I had completely forgotten that!!

Okay, scratch the Shins from the list!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 emmallow

I've read a few reviews that say its a 'return to form' but anything I've heard off it has been gibberish.

They've not released anything worthwhile since 'At War With the Mystics' IMO, but they are always so much fun live regardless.

For a band who used to show up here every few months, it's been ages since they've played as far as I can remember.

When's it out?

Few decent new albums due out soon - Spoon have one in March (I think) and I'm looking forward to Bonobo, which is out tomorrow I think.

Run the Jewels is officially released tomorrow too, but has been streaming on Spotify and Apple since Christmas. It's a great album too IMO.

Looking forward to Sinkane, the Shins, Laura Marling and the Jesus & Mary Chain too, which are all out between now and the end of March - any would worth a shout for EP too I'd say.

It's out tomorrow, I haven't heard anything off it so I'm still crossing my fingers that it'll be alright!

Same deal with Arcade Fire, new album, so a spot at EP would definitely be on my wishlist

It's out tomorrow, I haven't heard anything off it so I'm still crossing my fingers that it'll be alright!

Same deal with Arcade Fire, new album, so a spot at EP would definitely be on my wishlist

Yep - looking forward to Arcade Fire too. Didn't mention it on my list because there's no release date yet (but then neither has Spoon so who cares what I think?! :p)

My main hope is that AF change it up a bit, as they tend to do, and that it is out before Primavera as I'm making the trip. Saw them at Oxegen a few years back in the weeks before the Suburbs was released. All the new tracks fell totally flat because nobody knew them.

Saw them a few months later and they were brilliant. Always a tough ask to work new songs into a set, I guess.

Would be stunned if they aren't among the Picnic headliners. Wouldn't be confident guessing any others, but Arcade Fire love Picnic so it's a safe bet.

When's it out?
    Loved The Terror in 2013, You Lust amongst my tracks of that year (check out the mildly eccentric video). Otherwise I'm fully in agreement with you.

And the Mary Chain a good shout. They seem to have downsized their venues since their last appearance so maybe a slot headlining the Electric Arena?

Girl Band also surely nailed on?

The Flaming Lips track I referred to above:
    https://vimeo.com/64848867

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Well I guess its about two months till the launch date now, bring it on.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

It's released tomorrow.

What you make of it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Gal44

anyone know when the last batch of tickets go on sale?

Advertisement