Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Gal44 wrote: »
    anyone know when the last batch of tickets go on sale?

from what I remember, tickets go back on sale again when we get the line up so march time frame?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

DeclanRe wrote: »
    What you make of it?

It's alright.

Few great tracks, some not-so-great ones.

They haven't come close to topping the original, but the change in tempo in these songs should liven up the live show a bit I'd say.

Haven't gotten around to Bonobo or the Flaming Lips yet - anyone listened?

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭strawberryb0y

New xx album is pretty good, will definitely add to their live set. They're about to embark on a 24 date tour with no gigs in Ireland so I'd guess they're a cert for an Irish summer festival anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

The XX's new album is on Spotify now.... and wow!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Fatfrog wrote: »
    The XX's new album is on Spotify now.... and wow!!!
    I love it, think it's my favourite of theirs so far TBH.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭roll

Could EP be the only major music festival in europe not to have any acts released?

Snarky Snark Snark

Don't think Bestival (similar size) or Festival #6 have announced any line ups yet either.

Actually, outside of R-Word band, Glastonbury have announced **** all too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

You'd wonder how many people working for EP have to keep the lineup a secret for what 6-7 months? It's a long wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 LimboSlice

Any idea of when tickets go back on sale? Friend is looking to get one for her first time. Was shocked to hear we already had ours.

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

You'd wonder how many people working for EP have to keep the lineup a secret for what 6-7 months? It's a long wait!

il_340x270.942064480_dhxx.jpg
    LimboSlice wrote: »
    Any idea of when tickets go back on sale? Friend is looking to get one for her first time. Was shocked to hear we already had ours.

I think the tickets go back on sale around the time when they do the listing of the first acts, so you're probably looking at march time frame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

il_340x270.942064480_dhxx.jpg

Is that a hint that Soft Cell are on the cards? :)

Snarky Snark Snark

sadie06 wrote: »
    Is that a hint that Soft Cell are on the cards? :)

that would be a cool if slightly moist and sticky treat.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Pendulum just announced a big outdoor gig in the UK on the 26th of August. Would love for them to play EP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Haven't gotten around to Bonobo or the Flaming Lips yet - anyone listened?

Listening to Bonobo now. Very nice.

Pendulum just announced a big outdoor gig in the UK on the 26th of August. Would love for them to play EP

I agree. Would love to see them play the Friday night slot, they're a very energetic live band.

Synode wrote: »
    Listening to Bonobo now. Very nice.

Yeah, really impressed with Bonobo.

Few great tracks on the Flaming lips one too. Few that I skipped right past too but definitely my favourite thing that they've done in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Yeah, really impressed with Bonobo.

Few great tracks on the Flaming lips one too. Few that I skipped right past too but definitely my favourite thing that they've done in a while.

Didn't realise the Flaming lips album was released. Love the new Bonobo album and the XX is quiet good.
    Maybe Run the Jewels might be back considering they're playing so early over here

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Would like to see The Psycho Clergy added too.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Didn't realise the Flaming lips album was released. Love the new Bonobo album and the XX is quiet good.
    Maybe Run the Jewels might be back considering they're playing so early over here

Yeah, normally I'd say their gig rules them out but they could easily be included in a second announcement since that'd likely be after they've played in March.

This leg of the European tour ends in April (its only 8 shows) and they've confirmed they are planning more later in the year.
    The eight-date run includes shows in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Austria, Belgium, France, and the Netherlands. In a tweet directed to fans, El-P said, “Don't worry guys, we'll come back to Europe and the U.K. for a more extensive tour in 2017. These dates are just what we could fit in now.”

Now that includes Primavera, for sure, but there could be more.

• Advertisement

Jamiroquai have announced a string of headline festival dates for summer 2017.

Frontman Jay Kay and the band will play festivals in Japan, South Korea and continental Europe from May to August. However, they have yet to announce any UK and Ireland dates.

Thu May 25 2017 – Tokyo International Forum, Tokyo, Japan
    Sun May 28 2017 – Seoul Jazz Festival, Seoul, South Korea
    Sat June 17 2017 – Release Athens Festival, Athens, Greece
    Sun June 9 2017 – North Sea Jazz, Rotherdam, Netherlands
    Tue July 11 2017 – Firenze Summer Festival, Visarno Arena, Florence, Italy
    Fri July 14 2017 – Pori Jazz, Pori, Finland
    Sun July 16 2017 – Musilac, Aix-Les-Bains, France
    Tue July 18 2017 – Moon & Stars, Locarno, Switzerland
    Sat July 22 2017 – Colours of Ostrava, Czech Republic
    Sat July 5 2017 – Sudoeste, Portugal

Read more at http://www.nme.com/news/jamiroquai-announce-summer-festival-dates-and-tease-new-music-1947890#i3dFy4oS86Ws9OiY.99

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

Its funny that actually, i had only commented this morning in the office that there was a serious increase in the amount of jamroquai and Gorrilaz being played on the radio in the last few weeks and said I bet they will be showing up at a festival or gig. Heres hoping!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Of the three albums mentioned in the last few the days, I have to say I am loving the Bonobo one the most. The other two are also good, but Bonobo has nailed it, imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭Wooderson

I'd prefer Guetta to Pendulum.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Of the three albums mentioned in the last few the days, I have to say I am loving the Bonobo one the most. The other two are also good, but Bonobo has nailed it, imho.
    And if he's announced, hopefully not the main stage again. Good tunes last time, but wrong setting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Listened to the XX album a bit over the weekend, not my favourite album of theirs but I can see it adding to their live show. Always wondered what they would be like as a headliner as I used to wonder if they are a bit mellow but no doubt they would be a great headliner and would appeal to a lot of people. I would be surprised if they didn't play EP, if they aren't on the Longitude poster then you would assume they are a safe bet.

Don't know if I would like Pendulum, if I said the XX are a bit mellow then I could say the exact opposite about Pendulum. I'm sure they would be good but don't think I would be staying for the full show, would be a better option than Major Lazer but Justice would still be the dream Friday night act for me this year.

Would love Jamiroquai to play at it!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I'm unimpressed with the xx album. It's sounds identical to their other stuff and Jamie's solo stuff. It's hard to see what the other 2 add apart from the female vocals which I could take or leave.

Listened to the XX album a bit over the weekend, not my favourite album of theirs but I can see it adding to their live show. Always wondered what they would be like as a headliner as I used to wonder if they are a bit mellow but no doubt they would be a great headliner and would appeal to a lot of people. I would be surprised if they didn't play EP, if they aren't on the Longitude poster then you would assume they are a safe bet.

Don't know if I would like Pendulum, if I said the XX are a bit mellow then I could say the exact opposite about Pendulum. I'm sure they would be good but don't think I would be staying for the full show, would be a better option than Major Lazer but Justice would still be the dream Friday night act for me this year.

Would love Jamiroquai to play at it!

Obviously since im a fan and have seen them abut 3 times and they always put on a great show and will get you going for the whole set.

Obviously since im a fan and have seen them abut 3 times and they always put on a great show and will get you going for the whole set.

+1. I've seen them twice and they are an exciting band to see live.
    As much as I like DJ sets it would be great to see a live electronic band like Pendulum on the Friday night.

• Advertisement

MadYaker wrote: »
    I'm unimpressed with the xx album. It's sounds identical to their other stuff and Jamie's solo stuff. It's hard to see what the other 2 add apart from the female vocals which I could take or leave.

The other 2 are also responsible for the male vocals, for what it's worth...

I'm not mad about it as an album either. Think there's a few good songs but, for me, it's not enough like their old stuff or Jamie's solo stuff, both of which I preferred.

That said, 'Dangerous' is a chooooooon

Advertisement