Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

The Thin Air.... oops haha.
    Typing without thinking....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I'd be happy enough if it turns out to be true :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

yeah, they were decent last time, not mind blowing but that's a cracker of an album, which would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

They had a vid promo earlier which listed Stradbally, amusingly with cities such as London, Paris, Madrid etc.

Snarky Snark Snark

NufcNavan wrote: »
    They had a vid promo earlier which listed Stradbally, amusingly with cities such as London, Paris, Madrid etc.

all a bit
    article-1202547-05DAED71000005DC-454_468x335.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭charlietully

I would like to see Nick Cave, PJ, UNKLE and metronomy.  Missed metronomy last time they played, anyone see them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

there'll be the usual uproar about Shit lineup if they are announced as headliner.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bootsy.

Snarky Snark Snark

they were main stage but early evening last time, cannot see them being higher than that this time, maybe EA headliner one of the nights to make it a bit more special for their tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

MattD wrote: »
    To me it's shaping up to be a headliner bunch of xx, Alt-j, two door cinema club and two from Arcade fire/Gorillaz/Major Lazer/slightly surprising other act.

I think it's too late in the year to get run the jewels, Frank ocean or the Weeknd that I thought would have also been potentials.

St Vincent, Haim and Angel Olsson decent shouts as high up on the lineup

Yeah I've a feeling we could see some of these acts on the bill too, I'd say we could see at least half of the ones you've mentioned in your post. Probably is too late for Frank Ocean and the Weeknd who I think are more likely to end up at Longitude, we will have a bit of a better idea after Longitude make their first announcement I guess. Fancied the Gorillaz to headline a while back but they haven't announced any festivals yet and apparently the organiser of Primavera said they aren't touring festivals in 2017.

Lot's of big bands and acts touring in 2017 so hard to narrow it down this early. The past two years we've got 5 "headliners" whose names are in different text on the poster, if it's going to be the same this year I'd guess something like; Guitar band, dance act, poppy act, the XX and maybe a hip hop or older type act? Interpol will hardly headline will they? Played at 7pm on the main stage last time around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

doubt Interpol are EP headliners in this day and age, touring TOTBL or not.
    could see them headlining the Electric Arena.

playing Saturday at EP would be 3 nights in a row, which they don't seem to be doing at all on the tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

New goldfrapp single is good....would like to see them added. Have missed them the times they have already been at EP and body and soul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Any chance of a set from PJ Harvey?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Would love Interpol to be headliners. Not going this year and that's a ****e start to the lineup, softens the blow!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

showpony1 wrote: »
    there'll be the usual uproar about Shit lineup if they are announced as headliner.

This happens every year. They could announce daft punk, led zeppelin and the Rolling Stones and it would still happen.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea id say they will headline the EA

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭Wooderson

MadYaker wrote: »
    This happens every year. They could announce daft punk, led zeppelin and the Rolling Stones and it would still happen.

Yeah, not to call you on his one Yaker, but no. Not with those 3 in Stradbally.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Yea id say they will headline the EA

I could live with them headlining EA one of the nights. It would be a shame to waste them early evening on main stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Tago Mago

MattD wrote: »
    To me it's shaping up to be a headliner bunch of xx, Alt-j, two door cinema club and two from Arcade fire/Gorillaz/Major Lazer/slightly surprising other act.

I think it's too late in the year to get run the jewels, Frank ocean or the Weeknd that I thought would have also been potentials.

St Vincent, Haim and Angel Olsson decent shouts as high up on the lineup

Two Door Cinema Club headlining? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Would love to see Interpol play, although they won't be headliners I would say. Always put on a great show and with the anniversary of TOTBL, it'll be a great chance to possibly hear some rarer played songs.

Alt-J headlining would be very worrying though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Tago Mago

Corholio wrote: »
    Would love to see Interpol play, although they won't be headliners I would say. Always put on a great show and with the anniversary of TOTBL, it'll be a great chance to possibly hear some rarer played songs.

Alt-J headlining would be very worrying though

Sub headliners you'd have to imagine. Actually supposed to put on a very rave-y live show.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭deeks

Big Interpol fan but would definitely rather see them headlining EA rather than second or third down on the main stage. They played about 7.00 on the main stage two years ago and whilst the set was great it just didn't work as well in the daylight imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

deeks wrote: »
    Big Interpol fan but would definitely rather see them headlining EA rather than second or third down on the main stage. They played about 7.00 on the main stage two years ago and whilst the set was great it just didn't work as well in the daylight imho.

totally agree, I was at that set, it was brilliant because I could get very close with little hassle but that was down to the fact that it was relatively early. I even remember them playing Oxegen in one of the tents and the atmosphere was electric, Next Exit being the song being played when I arrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭deeks

totally agree, I was at that set, it was brilliant because I could get very close with little hassle but that was down to the fact that it was relatively early. I even remember them playing Oxegen in one of the tents and the atmosphere was electric, Next Exit being the song being played when I arrived.

Yeah same here. Walked right up to the barrier at the centre about 10 mins before they started.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Love Interpol, but dont see them as really main headliners for the festival. I saw them on the stage at EP and I agree, they did look a bit lost playing at that hour of the evening. I caught their gigs in The Olympia earlier that year and that was way better. Always think a more intimate venue suits them, more like one of Electric Arena, bit similar to when Editors played at last years festival, better atmosphere and better overall sound..........

Snarky Snark Snark

220 sleeps

• Registered Users Posts: 8,661 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Arab Strap are on the road. Ideal EP act. Wire and The Pop Group are others we've never had the pleasure of welcoming there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Gonna call it;

Fri The XX
    Sat Jamiroquai
    Sun Arcade fire

����

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Friday : Arcade Fire
    Saturday : The XX
    Sunday : Stone Roses

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,661 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Gonna call it;

Fri The XX
    Sat Jamiroquai
    Sun Arcade fire

����
    I could live with that. Only AF really appeal to me but there are a helluva lot worse headliners out there. Step up Kings of Leon & Ginger Ed.

Advertisement