Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Gonna call it;

Fri The XX
    Sat Jamiroquai
    Sun Arcade fire

����

The new XX album is terrible and Jamiroquai doesn't have any fans in Ireland.

I hope you are wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Effects wrote: »

I hope you are wrong.

New xx album is their best
    Tell me more about Jamiroquai having no fans in Ireland. This concept is new to me, because I'm a big fan and thought i live in Ireland. Just wondering have I got it wrong? Am I in Slovenia or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Tell me more about Jamiroquai having no fans in Ireland. This concept is new to me, because I'm a big fan and thought i live in Ireland. Just wondering have I got it wrong? Am I in Slovenia or something?

Wow! You've been away a while, where did you disappear too. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

I hope you are wrong.

I have a bunch of his cds, he'd be fun, EA though, not main stage

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭mgkelly

I hope you are wrong.

Ditto. Love Jamiroquai & would welcome seeing them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Tago Mago

As a child of the 90's don't pertain to know all that much about Jamiroquai's earlier canon but strike me as more of an EA headliner rather than main stage headliner.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Cant see him headlining either EA or main stage. But he could get a decent night time slot.
    If there was nothing else on that i wanted to see, i'd stroll over.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Tago Mago

Cant see him headlining either EA or main stage. But he could get a decent night time slot.

Yeah was kinda giving other more knowledgeable posters the benefit of the doubt with the EA headline slot plus he seems to be headlining other festies...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Tago Mago wrote: »
    Yeah was kinda giving other more knowledgeable posters the benefit of the doubt with the EA headline slot plus he seems to be headlining other festies...

There is no knowledge on this thread. Only random band names plucked out of the air.

There is no knowledge on this thread. Only random band names plucked out of the air.

That's not true. There's often knowledge but it gets drowned out by the random names plucked out of the air.

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

I could, he's got a decent back catalogue and was a pretty large enough going concern in his day, they've a new album on the way but have not really been a high profile act in a very long time.

You have it totally wrong. No one admits to being a fan of Jamiroquai.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

so the return of the return of the space cowboy?

I would deffo go to that. And so would lots of people in their mid 30s (and older) in fairness.

so the return of the return of the space cowboy?

Most likely the attempt at attempting to seem relevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,661 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

I hope you are wrong.

I have a bunch of his cds, he'd be fun, EA though, not main stage
    Or possibly the Saturday main stage last act? They'd be a huge draw I reckon given the number of thirty and forty-somethings at the fest. One of the biggest selling acts of the 1990s in the UK & Ireland, pretty international as well but didn't go mega in North America (though one platinum album there and several number 1s on the US dance chart). At one stage they were the biggest selling act in Europe (11.5 million copies of Travelling without Moving) and they're at the very least a sub-headliner on the main stage if announced. Not my bag but I'd stroll along for a gawk.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Limerick91

So Kasabian are headlining Benicassim.....just sayin!!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Limerick91 wrote: »
    So Kasabian are headlining Benicassim.....just sayin!!!

And sziget , i have a feeling they might book them for Longitude now

Snarky Snark Snark

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Or possibly the Saturday main stage last act?

Actually, yeah, that would be good crack (if the weather was decent, you'd want to move a bit and shufflin in the pourin rain is not fun).

They've nothin listed for shows on their site after Aug 12th.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I would fecking love Jamiroquai to be announced!! Late on the Saturday would be ideal for them.

I would fecking love Jamiroquai to be announced!! Late on the Saturday would be ideal for them.

Or the Fridays like it has been for the last two years.

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

That's been more a electronic slot though rather than a band effort?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

Or the Fridays like it has been for the last two years.

I was thinking the late Friday night slot, same as Super Furry Animals last year.

There's been a few saying they reckon The xx for the Fri night? I'd bet on Sat or Sun.

That's been more a electronic slot though rather than a band effort?
    Late Friday or late Saturday? The latter has had George Clinton & Chic in the past. Jamiroquai would be along those lines. Am not a huge fan but I'd take them over Pendulum anyday.

New Scottish festival Electric Fields announced today. Same weekend as EP. Arab Strap, Jesus & Mary Chain and Frightened Rabbit amongst the six acts announced. Surely at least two of those are Stradbally-bound? Mary Chain headlining the EA on Friday night would make me very happy.

New Scottish festival Electric Fields announced today. Same weekend as EP. Arab Strap, Jesus & Mary Chain and Frightened Rabbit amongst the six acts announced. Surely at least two of those are Stradbally-bound? Mary Chain headlining the EA on Friday night would make me very happy.

Woo hoo a new partner in crime to share the bill with the Picnic over the weekend like Connect Festival in Scotland in 2007 and 2008.

Snarky Snark Snark

Late Friday or late Saturday? The latter has had George Clinton & Chic in the past. Jamiroquai would be along those lines. Am not a huge fan but I'd take them over Pendulum anyday.

Ah sorry, thought BD was suggesting they'd fit into the dancy dancy slot on main stage on Friday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

Ah sorry, thought BD was suggesting they'd fit into the dancy dancy slot on main stage on Friday

Scruff, whenever I think of Jamiroquai now I can't help but think of your description of him 'the twat in the hat'...brilliant! :D

Snarky Snark Snark

Scruff, whenever I think of Jamiroquai now I can't help but think of your description of him 'the twat in the hat'...brilliant! :D

not mine I'm afraid, he's always been know as that. He even beats bonobo and nigel forrage in the google image search for twat in the hat

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

EA are you kidding!! Jamiroquai would be a premium$$ booking for a start, he ticks all the boxes, nostalgic comeback, just slightly off main stream, absolute show man with a massive amount of tunes to back it all up!

If was booked he'd be playing mainstage & headline, trust me!

^^^to name but a few^^^

I'm not a particularly huge fan but think he'd be a perfect booking I'd definitely go to see him!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

And sziget , i have a feeling they might book them for Longitude now
    they're heavily rumoured for Reading/Leeds, wouldn't surprise me if they were headlining EP the following week too.

Kasabian - The xx - Arcade Fire
    Major Lazer - Alt-J

doesn't look unrealistic

Advertisement