Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

Wooderson wrote: »
    Basis for this lengthy delay? Any ideas?

Is there a show they want to sell out where the band also booked for Stradbally?

Collins?

/joke

so they won't be announcing for a long time then

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Doesn't matter how late, you're still going 😉

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Wooderson wrote: »
    Basis for this lengthy delay? Any ideas

/joke

Same reason that a dog licks its balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

I was thinking it might have to do with an embargo on an announcement for a Gorillaz tour or something.

Snarky Snark Snark

Same reason that a dog licks its balls.

Moist leathery salty goodness?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,814 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Moist leathery salty goodness?

No, because it can..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

frantic190 wrote: »
    I was thinking it might have to do with an embargo on an announcement for a Gorillaz tour or something.

Yeah I was thinking it might be something like this too, based on nothing other than hope really. Their new album must be close to release now.

Snarky Snark Snark

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    No, because it can..

Well that's just showing off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    No, because it can..

In fairness, both answers acceptable. I missed out on EPs moist leathery goodness last year, i must add that to the list for this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Tago Mago

frantic190 wrote: »

That would do very nicely......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Peesh89

Alt-J and Two Door Cinema Club announced for Trinity Gigs.. Know there was a few on here with Alt-J on their lists.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Aphex Twin is the Sunday headliner at Forbidden Fruit so safe to say he's not EP bound also.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

lc180 wrote: »
    Aphex Twin is the Sunday headliner at Forbidden Fruit so safe to say he's not EP bound also.

Holy **** I didn't see that.

That rules a lot of my guesses out for EP so! I thought Alt J and TDCC would be there but not too interested in either. Going to be a lot of gigs on in Ireland this summer. Will Marlay Park get any gigs other than Longitude I wonder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

That rules a lot of my guesses out for EP so! I thought Alt J and TDCC would be there but not too interested in either. Going to be a lot of gigs on in Ireland this summer. Will Marlay Park get any gigs other than Longitude I wonder?

Rumour has it that its just Longitude in Marlay Park this summer but that the rest of the gig series will happen at Malahide Castle instead.

Same organisers, same gigs, just gives the residents less hassle by keeping the crowds to one weekend.

Now, there's nothing concrete to suggest that's true but given that the 1975 has been announced for Malahide and nothing for Marlay Park, there might be something to it. As likely to be a case of 2+2=5 though.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,343 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Rumour has it that its just Longitude in Marlay Park this summer but that the rest of the gig series will happen at Malahide Castle instead.

Same organisers, same gigs, just gives the residents less hassle by keeping the crowds to one weekend.

Now, there's nothing concrete to suggest that's true but given that the 1975 has been announced for Malahide and nothing for Marlay Park, there might be something to it. As likely to be a case of 2+2=5 though.

Radiohead confirmed! Wha-hey!!!

Snarky Snark Snark

TherapyBoy wrote: »
    R-Word confirmed! Wha-hey!!!

At the rate that the main touring bands are seemingly announced for other festivals/stand alone shows, I reckon we're gonna get three nights of Brendan Shine (they'll pump him full of the blue pills first) supported by a reformed kajagoogoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,725 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

At the rate that the main touring bands are seemingly announced for other festivals/stand alone shows, I reckon we're gonna get three nights of Brendan Shine (they'll pump him full of the blue pills first) supported by a reformed kajagoogoo.

they were approached and asked to reform. Their spokesperson said they won't play, as they are too shy shy...

Snarky Snark Snark

everlast75 wrote: »
    they were approached and asked to reform. Their spokesperson said they won't play, as they are too shy shy...

ooh sh1te, they had actually reformed not too long ago...
    http://www.kajagoogoo.com/
    terrifying.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

I would say Arcade Fire are nailed on headliners now

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

Do they have anything in the 7 weeks before EP? they've Austria/France in July and bugger all after that listed, would have thought that if they're hanging round yurp that they'd have other dates listed to see them through.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,661 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Do they have anything in the 7 weeks before EP?  they've Austria/France in July and bugger all after that listed, would have thought that if they're hanging round yurp that they'd have other dates listed to see them through.
    In 2011 they did an early Summer festival European tour then went home in mid-July. Came back for six gigs in late August finishing at EP on Sept 3.
    I've no idea whether that's likely again but they do have a Stradbally history and there's at least a chance. I reckon it's all down to who else is booked. If either Radiohead or Stone Roses then the budget is blown, but I'm still expecting one of the three.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

So BD I take it FF is a must for you this year ;)

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    In 2011 they did an early Summer festival European tour then went home in mid-July. Came back for six gigs in late August finishing at EP on Sept 3.
    I've no idea whether that's likely again but they do have a Stradbally history and there's at least a chance. I reckon it's all down to who else is booked. If either of Radiohead or Stone Roses then the budget is blown, but I'm still expecting one of the three.

I was thinking Arcade Fire as well but as others have said their tour dates seem to end in July, I think they will play in Ireland this summer but it remains to be seen whether it will be EP or somewhere else (Longitude or Malahide Castle?). Would love any of the 3 you mentioned but can't see it being Radiohead or the Stone Roses.

Bestival will probably announce soon enough so they should give us an idea who we could get at Picnic although we didn't see too much crossover last year.

Chet Faker announced for a festival in Portugal in August, he would be a nice one to turn up at Stradbally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

Arcade Fire must be nailed on to headline one night now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

It's at least a fortnight since Chic & Mile Rogers played Ireland, wouldn't be surprised if they show up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

showpony1 wrote: »
    Arcade Fire must be nailed on to headline one night now.

http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/ontherecord/2017/02/07/arcade-fire-to-play-dublin-in-june/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Guess not. Arcade Fire at Malahide on June 15, according to On The Record.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

June is quickly becoming a nightmare for the wallet

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

A Thursday? God dammit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

dmm82 wrote: »
    A Thursday? God dammit

[looks on the bright side]
    Might cut down on event junkies in the audience, who couldn't care less who's on stage?
    [\mr brightside]

Advertisement