Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Ah sure if thats the case, then Depeche Mode it is for EP :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Really hoping this is all pointing to the Stone Roses showing up at EP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

Aphex twin, Aracade Fire, The 1975, Two Door Cinema Club all out.

If say Major Laser, The Weekend & The XX are announced for Longitude who would that leave
    Apart from the obvious...Radiohead.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

showpony1 wrote: »
    Aphex twin, Aracade Fire, The 1975, Two Door Cinema Club all out.

If say Major Laser, The Weekend & The XX are announced for Longitude who would that leave
    Apart from the obvious...Radiohead.

Major Lazer played last year so wont be playing. Also pretty sure Frank Ocean is due for them too and Radiohead already have a summer Irish gig

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Major Lazer played last year so wont be playing. Also pretty sure Frank Ocean is due for them too and Radiohead already have a summer Irish gig

Major Lazer did Longitude last year, so wouldn't rule them out.

Frank Ocean, no idea.

R-Word... less said the better.
    Ah sure if thats the case, then Depeche Mode it is for EP :D

It's been all downhill since the songs of faith and devotion tour, would gladly see again though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Major Lazer did Longitude last year, so wouldn't rule them out.

Frank Ocean, no idea.

R-Word... less said the better.

It's been all downhill since the songs of faith and devotion tour, would gladly see again though.

True, SOF&D tour was epic in its set up and set list, i was at the Tour of The Universe back in 2009ish I think and that was a great show, Dave Gahan is one of the best front men out there

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Arcade Fire can be scratched off now too, beginning to wonder who will be left to headline EP?! Worst case scenario is Kasabian, Mumford & Sons, Major Lazer :eek:

Moderat also ruled out of EP as they're playing at Forbidden Fruit. It is going to be a long 6 weeks of waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Arcade Fire can be scratched off now too, beginning to wonder who will be left to headline EP?! Worst case scenario is Kasabian, Mumford & Sons, Major Lazer :eek:

Moderat also ruled out of EP as they're playing at Forbidden Fruit. It is going to be a long 6 weeks of waiting.

Mumford and sons and major laser Jesus! Sounds like a v fest lineup.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Jim fairly went to town in the Arcade Fire article the "the mess that is 1975's" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭glencurtis252

Killers doing a few European festivals.. and think they headlined before correct me if I'm wrong.. but they could return

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    Mumford and sons and major laser Jesus! Sounds like a v fest lineup.

ah look it, it'll keep the tents quieter which is grand, same thing every year.

Killers doing a few European festivals.. and think they headlined before correct me if I'm wrong.. but they could return

**** no!!

I think as bordsies-EP trustees we should make a "fuc.k no" list, Killers on the top!

Orbital and the Pixies look to be available

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Orbital and the Pixies look to be available

One is playing FF and the other doing Trinity

Aha yes forgot about that.

Snarky Snark Snark

I think as bordsies-EP trustees we should make a "fuc.k no" list, Killers on the top!

Don't we get that anyway with the flouncing top ten here and on bookface when the names are actually released?

(followed by the threats to
    a) sell tickets
    b) never go again (even though they've never been)
    along with
    c) self reported posts of "i'm literally crying here, you've ruined my life/summer/childhood/sexlife etc.. etc..)
    d) sooooooooooooorcha, dis is teribel)

Aha yes forgot about that.

something something truck full of yokes at that something something...

Of the list I posted the other day of who is playing European festivals this summer and could headline EP, I'd say the remaining ones are; The XX, Frank Ocean, Justice, A Tribe Called Quest, The Weeknd, Depeche Mode, Brian Wilson, Kasabian, Phoenix, Jamiroquai, Major Lazer, PJ Harvey, Muse, Foals.. Possibly the Killers or Mumford & Sons too if you consider them realistic.

There are a few I like in that list but not an overly inspiring list considering who is touring Europe this summer. Hopefully there is a surprise up their sleeve and there is some big act/band who have yet to announce a tour or festival dates.

Edit: I also presume Longitude will rule out a few of those whenever their line up comes out.

Snarky Snark Snark

Quite a number of those would make me a fairly happy monkey, (xx / the mode / Miss Polly Jean / Jamiroquai), that alone would do me for the weekend with 4 or 5 others squeezed in along with the other fun and frolics.

There's the usual bunch of 80s survivors doing the rounds too this summer such as madness/human league/pretenders etc who'd round out a listing in a decent fashion.

Yeah in fairness I would be happy with that, if we got the XX, Depeche Mode and Jamiroquai I would be happy with anything else. Would also love to see Justice but not sure if they will still be in Europe at that stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Can I just throw the stone roses into the mix again

Snarky Snark Snark

D.Q wrote: »
    Can I just throw the stone roses into the mix again

giphy.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Quite a number of those would make me a fairly happy monkey, (xx / the mode / Miss Polly Jean / Jamiroquai), that alone would do me for the weekend with 4 or 5 others squeezed in along with the other fun and frolics.

There's the usual bunch of 80s survivors doing the rounds too this summer such as madness/human league/pretenders etc who'd round out a listing in a decent fashion.

I would be very happy if either of those ladies showed up. Mostly PJ, but for a nostalgia set, The Pretenders would be a fantastic result.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

frantic190 wrote: »
    I was thinking it might have to do with an embargo on an announcement for a Gorillaz tour or something.

I reckon you're thinking along the right lines, only the act involved is Daft Punk

Snarky Snark Snark

There's not been a sniff of new music or dates elsewhere from the French pair, would be interesting but I'd be shocked.

Will liam gallagher be doing many festivals with his solo stuff this year??

Snarky Snark Snark

Will liam gallagher be doing many festivals with his solo stuff this year??

tumblr_lx8m1oBByW1r2506z.png

And that means??

Snarky Snark Snark

meh really, think they could get better acts, unless his solo turn winds up unearthing unknown depths and talent...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭dashdoll

Just wondering when the next and final installment plan is likely to go on sale?

I can't remember when I got it last year!

Thanks

Advertisement