Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

From the website below on the plans, think if you've not got it yet then you might be waiting for the final ticket release to get one.

==========
    Tickets Purchased On Instalment Plan Between 16th October 2016 - 16th November 2016
    Your initial deposit and service charge will be charged upon purchase. Your 2nd payment/instalment will be made on or around Thursday 1st December 2016 and your 3rd and final payment/instalment will be processed on or around Wednesday 1st February 2017.

€69+ service charge at time of purchase / €68 1st December 2016 / €68 1st February 2017

Tickets Purchased On Instalment Plan from 17th November 2016 - 22nd December 2016
    Your initial deposit and service charge will be charged upon purchase. Your 2nd payment/instalment will be made on or around Friday 3rd February 2017 and your 3rd and final payment/instalment will be processed on or around Friday 3rd March 2017.

€77+ service charge at time of purchase / €77 3rd February 2017 / €76 3rd March 2017

Please note the payments details here are non-refundable. Should you fail to make the 3 payments successfully or decide you no longer wish to go to Electric Picnic you will not be entitled to a refund of sums that have been paid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

dashdoll wrote: »
    Just wondering when the next and final installment plan is likely to go on sale?

I can't remember when I got it last year!

Thanks

I guess the tickets will go back on sale the week of March 20th when first acts are announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Tago Mago

showpony1 wrote: »
    Aphex twin, Aracade Fire, The 1975, Two Door Cinema Club all out.

If say Major Laser, The Weekend & The XX are announced for Longitude who would that leave
    Apart from the obvious...Radiohead.

Gorillaz/Stone Roses/Radiohead/Tribe Called Quest is gonna be quite the line up ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Will liam gallagher be doing many festivals with his solo stuff this year??

Liam cannot sing anymore...he literally can't sing. That's not to say he's unbookable, but it would be a poor booking.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭roll

Arcade Fire can be scratched off now too, beginning to wonder who will be left to headline EP?! Worst case scenario is Kasabian, Mumford & Sons, Major Lazer :eek:

Please do not post here again! Ever again!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

EOTR lineup, same weekend as EP, usually get a few of them. plenty of mid/higher-tier tent filler acts on there.

589ae35acc4ed_ScreenShot2017-02-08at12_22_16.png.3f2bbb33b60811b624740f0339c859c4.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

EOTR lineup, same weekend as EP, usually get a few of them. plenty of mid/higher-tier tent filler acts on there.

You just reminded me of the Amadou and Mariam set, whatever year that was - real feel-good stuff :)
    Must dig out their album and give it a spin..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

That is an absolutely cracking line-up tbf to End of the Road.

Father John Misty, Mac Demarco, Band of Horses, Jesus & Mary Chain, Real Estate, Perfume Genius, Alvvays, Car Seat Headrest, Sinkane, Julie Byrne - all brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭ab4248

Any hope of Nick Cave? His UK tour stating end of sept.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Nadine Shah - Parquet Courts - Real Estate - Sinkane - Romare would all be great additions, as would Ryley Walker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Anyone ever been to EOTR? Might sell my picnic tickets and go to that, great line-up.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Bestival are announcing tomorrow morning

• Registered Users Posts: 39 BlaaEater

ab4248 wrote: »
    Any hope of Nick Cave? His UK tour stating end of sept.

A fair bet I'd say - he has nowt on yet for early Sept...

• Registered Users Posts: 39 BlaaEater

Anyone ever been to EOTR? Might sell my picnic tickets and go to that, great line-up.

Yeah, I went a few years ago. Great festival. More boutique than EP, great food, craft beer, smaller in size, etc. Plus you can drink your own grog anywhere on site...the only downside is the cost (when you factor in flights plus car hire etc...) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

That is an absolutely cracking line-up tbf to End of the Road.

Father John Misty, Mac Demarco, Band of Horses, Jesus & Mary Chain, Real Estate, Perfume Genius, Alvvays, Car Seat Headrest, Sinkane, Julie Byrne - all brilliant.

Mac DeMarco played a couple of years back and I had recommended it to so many randomers. "Any tips?" .. "yeah check out Mac DeMarco, he's really good"

Turns out it was the worst sound ever, anywhere in the universe with a massive booming bass out of the PA. I really felt sorry for him, as the nuances of the songs couldn't cut through that ridiculous bass. I have no idea if he was any good. Yes, you can have too much bass.

I don't recommend to anyone anymore.

a few more that are around towards the end of summer:

C4JUEvMWAAAKAIP.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭MS291988

Naked and Famous are touring , nothing in Ireland as of yet

would be amazing if they done EP

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Some cracking djs there. Dave Clarke, bodika, joy orbison and Carl Craig would all be very welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 8,661 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

589ae35acc4ed_ScreenShot2017-02-08at12_22_16.png.3f2bbb33b60811b624740f0339c859c4.png
    Loads of great stuff on that. If the Mary Chain do three dates that weekend then we've got them. Would also love to see Lucinda Williams, Father John Misty, Nadine Shah, The Lemon Twigs and several others. No Picnic headliners though and I'm getting increasingly worried about who'll be announced. Two or three of the Mumfords, Kasabian, Kings of Leon, Ed Sheeran & Major Lazer are looking ominous. I'm resigned to a couple of bad headliners but loads of great acts in the tents.
    Please prove me wrong EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Big fan of M.I.A.

I'd love to see her live - she's not big enough here to headline any day in EP tho obv

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Two or three of the Mumfords, Kasabian, Kings of Leon, Ed Sheeran & Major Lazer are looking ominous.

It can really only be Mumfords / Kasabian / Major Lazer from that lot if it happens.

Kasabian have Reading/Leeds and we tend not to get crossover on the main headliners, the other two have deeply worrying EP sized holes in their schedules.

Mumfords/Major Lazer have played EP before so they shouldn't be a massive shock if they happen.

KOL and Sheeran have their own solo gigs in the Point (KOL in July which is way too close to EP for a large act to be doubling up) and I don't think they'd spend the massive pennies Sheeran would charge (and he's got nothing listed past May, though he is rumoured for Glastonbury)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

What if they have to wait till the 20th of March to announce that QOTSA will be back on tour with their new album..................Sorry gotta mention them

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Bestival line up. Headliners are The XX, Pet Shop Boys & A Tribe Called Quest. They also have Little Dragon, Justice, Dizzee Rascal and Jamie T in there.

Usually we share a good few acts with Bestival so hopefully will see a few of those at Picnic!

Edit: won't let me attach a pic on the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Full Line up of Trinity Gigs this morning takes out a few possibilities. Pixies, Bell X1, Alt J, James Vincent McMorrow, TDCC

Bestival line up. Headliners are The XX, Pet Shop Boys & A Tribe Called Quest. They also have Little Dragon, Justice, Dizzee Rascal and Jamie T in there.

Usually we share a good few acts with Bestival so hopefully will see a few of those at Picnic!

Edit: won't let me attach a pic on the phone.

https://twitter.com/bestival/status/829593230098497536
    I think The xx must be pretty much nailed on now, especially with no Dublin date on their current tour. less likely for Longitude now I'd imagine.

C4NOoWhWIAAxF9E.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

I think The xx must be pretty much nailed on now, especially with no Dublin date on their current tour. less likely for Longitude now I'd imagine.

C4NOoWhWIAAxF9E.jpg:large

Little dragon and hypnotic brass ensemble I wonder are gorillaz in the running for an appearance?

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    Little dragon and hypnotic brass ensemble I wonder are gorillaz in the running for an appearance?
    well those 3 are the Bestival headliners, so won't be there, and they don't seem to be playing any festivals, so I doubt they're at EP.
    probably doing their own gigs if they are going to tour again.

Justice for Saturday night post-headliner dance act?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

boomtown line up upon their FB, some could make the hop over, serious line up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭Wooderson

EP HQ PR really know how to getting the fuzzy feeling going. I for one am hugely appreciating the sunny photos they put on their twitter feed.

Such bonhomie.

Advertisement