Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

There's some nice ones in that Bestival line up. We had PSB two years ago (thought they were fun, a lot didn't) but they've been to Stradbally a lot.

Rag and bone man could be decent, laura m'vula played 2/3 years ago? Lots of kiddies in the tent but thought she was enjoyable.

Charlotte Church's Late night pop dungeon for ... reasons....
    (actually, i'd seen a review of her set elsewhere and it's supposed to be great, could be a cracker late night in a tent)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

Any chance we'll get Metronomy?

Touring through the Summer with no Irish date so far unless I've missed something.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Justice for Saturday night post-headliner dance act?

Hope to god you're right. I didn't know if they would be around the time of EP coz of the gap in their schedule but this confirms they will be.

It's between them and Major Lazer I reckon. I couldn't have more opposite feelings about those two acts.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

What happened to The Prodigy? Any reason they've been ruled out for Friday night?

Also I really, really want to go to Boomtown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

MadYaker wrote: »
    What happened to The Prodigy? Any reason they've been ruled out for Friday night?

I was thinking the same. They're at a festival in Switzerland weekend before EP.

Could Fatboy Slim be a contender too? He's playing at Reading weekend before EP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

Hopefully Fatboy slim the friday slot, with Major Laser the late sat dance slot (which doesn't even exist anymore)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Fatboy Slim is awful though :( I saw a bt of him at Glastonbury last year and it was sh!te. He needs to do us all a favour and retire. Prodigy pls.

Snarky Snark Snark

ah he's not the worst, depends on the mood/#pints had, it's bouncy happy dumb music

• Registered Users Posts: 8,661 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

MadYaker wrote: »
    Fatboy Slim is awful though :( I saw a bt of him at Glastonbury last year and it was sh!te. He needs to do us all a favour and retire. Prodigy pls.
    His set in 2005 the worst I've ever seen at EP. 

Made the mistake of hanging around the main stage chatting with pals after the Valentines in 2013. Fatboy proceeded to turn in the second worst set I've seen at EP. Or the 30 minutes I endured anyway.

And he's probably not cheap. Let's hope the money is better spent this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭belgowho

One memory of EP 2013 was 1000's of people walking away from Main Stage as I was walking up to it. Fat Boy Slim playing at the time. Caught the last 20/30 mins and it was rubbish. Was remixing all his songs terribly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

belgowho wrote: »
    Was remixing all his songs terribly.

:D I'd say now he wasn't doing a lot of mixing, and if he was it was mixing the remixes. We were there for the first half of his set, it was a good laugh, jumping around to cheesy beats, it was never going to be Berghain quality ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Made the mistake of hanging around the main stage chatting with pals after the Valentines in 2013. Fatboy proceeded to turn in the second worst set I've seen at EP. Or the 30 minutes I endured anyway.

They were 2 WTF moments.
    I hadn't seen MBV before, and my body just vibrated and shook, from their wall of sound. it was mental and brilliant.
    Followed by another WTF when Fatboy came on. Pure cheese.

Seathrun66 wrote: »

They were 2 WTF moments.
    I hadn't seen MBV before, and my body just vibrated and shook, from their wall of sound. it was mental and brilliant.
    Followed by another WTF when Fatboy came on. Pure cheese.
    Yeah, I don't get why he has to be so bad though. The guy produced some brilliant material with The Housemartins, Beats International, Freak Power and his solo stuff. Get a band behind him, put him on the decks and there's a decent live act there but I suspect he's content with the cheese.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Arcade Fire announced for Malahide Castle on June 15th so it looks like they are ruled out of EP.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Paddy2012

Fingers crossed for A Tribe Called Quest, its this year or never

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

What if they have to wait till the 20th of March to announce that QOTSA will be back on tour with their new album..................Sorry gotta mention them

Playing Japan at fuji rock now, so the tour is starting early enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

Paddy2012 wrote: »
    Fingers crossed for A Tribe Called Quest, its this year or never
    they must be one of the acts surely

Snarky Snark Snark

White lies doing the rounds in Europe in spring, summer seems blank for festivals, would imagine they must be doing a bunch if not stateside. Decent live, would be worth a look if booked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

White lies doing the rounds in Europe in spring, summer seems blank for festivals, would imagine they must be doing a bunch if not stateside. Decent live, would be worth a look if booked.

Met them in Manchester before Christmas said they were definitely looking to come back here next summer but didn't say when or where

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭Wooderson

If EP have Queens booked I may cry tears of sheer joy.

• Advertisement

Wooderson wrote: »
    If EP have Queens booked I may cry tears of sheer joy.
    Not a fan but they're infinitely preferable to a fair few other potential acts doing the rounds.

I'd be happy to give them a look. 

Maybe they could double up as Iggy's backing band.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭glencurtis252

Is it common for bands to ever do EP 2 years in a row?? Obviously not headliners I no but people slightly lower down the bill??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Is it common for bands to ever do EP 2 years in a row?? Obviously not headliners I no but people slightly lower down the bill??

It never used to happen and is still fairly uncommon but there have been a few bands that have played 2 years running.

The 1975 played in 2013 & 2014, as well as last year. Who are you hoping for from last years lineup?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭glencurtis252

The 1975 played in 2013 & 2014, as well as last year. Who are you hoping for from last years lineup?

Thanks.. I liked catfish and the bottlemens set last year and seen there doing a lot of festivals again this year!!

Snarky Snark Snark

It does tend to be the smaller bands that repeat though, the main stage billers/bigger beasts would be unlikely to turn up two years on the trot (with the exception of Mr. James Murphy Esq. in one of his various forms).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Le Galaxie done the last 2 years

Snarky Snark Snark

Do the B&S bookers operate on their own or via the EP bookers?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    Met them in Manchester before Christmas said they were definitely looking to come back here next summer but didn't say when or where

Did they do Indie last year ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Do the B&S bookers operate on their own or via the EP bookers?

Yeah I think they book independently from EP, like other peripheral spaces such as Trenchtown, Rave in the Woods, Hazelwood etc.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Yeah I think they book independently from EP, like other peripheral spaces such as Trenchtown, Rave in the Woods, Hazelwood etc.

Yeah i'm pretty sure B&S booking is separate from the main festival bookings.

Advertisement