Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

I was wondering about that last year when someone like Ezra Furman was playing two sets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Did they do Indie last year ?

The year before.

Last year, indie was Ash, Bell x1 and Editors.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

The year before.

Last year, indie was Ash, Bell x1 and Editors.

Yea was 2014 I think since they played indie last. Saw them at picnic in 2011 I think in electric arena

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Not a fan but they're infinitely preferable to a fair few other potential acts doing the rounds.

I'd be happy to give them a look. 

Maybe they could double up as Iggy's backing band.

The Iggy-thang is done.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,725 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Wooderson wrote: »
    The Iggy-thang is done.

I sincerely hope not

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

The Lowlands festival line up happening on 18th - 20th August.

Lowlands-Festival-Lineup-Poster.jpg

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

The Lowlands festival line up happening on 18th - 20th August.

Lowlands-Festival-Lineup-Poster.jpg

Editors very high up the bill there?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Editors very high up the bill there?

And Mumford and sons headlining? Is this what we are to expect!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Editors seem to be bigger in Europe then they are over here , Pretty sure they were fairly high up on the Main Stage at RW last time they played

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

That poster gives me a headache.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,661 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

everlast75 wrote: »
    Wooderson wrote: »
    The Iggy-thang is done.

I sincerely hope not
    I echo that. Great reports from the live shows.
    Same with FFS. Won't happen this Summer but it'd be nice to see them play together in 2018/19.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Editors seem to be bigger in Europe then they are over here , Pretty sure they were fairly high up on the Main Stage at RW last time they played

They seem to be huge in Belgium, Netherlands and Germany. They would do multiple nights in an arenas over there and one night in the Olympia here.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

lc180 wrote: »
    They seem to be huge in Belgium, Netherlands and Germany. They would do multiple nights in an arenas over there and one night in the Olympia here.

Even in the UK they are not as big as they used to be

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

1jgrdm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Iggy is touring but the Homme/Helders backing band thang is finito.

Well apparently the Pukkelpop announcement is in mid February, there is normally a few from that line up that winds up at the Picnic, its a pity that the mighty Twin was booked by FF again but I don't feel so bad now that I got a Sunday ticket for FF woo hoo :) Still would have been a nice late closer in the Electric Arena, just such bad luck that way during touring schedules. When Aphex played Bestival in 2008 I thought he might also be scooped by EP but then he also played Oxegen that year. Now that I'm looking forward to FF, I hope the Zombies get booked as I can't get that single of theirs out of my head, Its the time of the season, it would just be so fitting for Bulmers to book them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Bloody Forbidden Fruit stealing are all our bands so I've just bought a ticket for that as well. €145.50 for the weekend, pretty good imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,725 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

200 days to go...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Well apparently the Pukkelpop announcement is in mid February, there is normally a few from that line up that winds up at the Picnic, its a pity that the mighty Twin was booked by FF again but I don't feel so bad now that I got a Sunday ticket for FF woo hoo :) Still would have been a nice late closer in the Electric Arena, just such bad luck that way during touring schedules. When Aphex played Bestival in 2008 I thought he might also be scooped by EP but then he also played Oxegen that year. Now that I'm looking forward to FF, I hope the Zombies get booked as I can't get that single of theirs out of my head, Its the time of the season, it would just be so fitting for Bulmers to book them.

I'd go for that, always been partial to this one of theirs.

Snarky Snark Snark

200 days to go...

sleeps, we count in sleeps round these parts...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

200 days to go...

199 days for those of us starting off EP early on the Thursday...:pac:

199 days for those of us starting off EP early on the Thursday...:pac:

The Camper Vanners and weekend volunteers :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

The Camper Vanners and weekend volunteers :)

Ye are the special ones! :)
    I'm just an average camper paying the extra €25 to arrive on the Thursday!

Ye are the special ones! :)
    I'm just an average camper paying the extra €25 to arrive on the Thursday!

194 days for me, we travel down the Sunday pre-festival and have the whole week and weekend down there.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Peesh89

Niiiice bodhrandude..volunteer or whaddaya do??

Peesh89 wrote: »
    Niiiice bodhrandude..volunteer or whaddaya do??

Pre-event volunteer, I work the Monday to Thursday, six hour shifts, just managing festival traffic and keeping the one way system going, otherwise it gets messy. Wristbanded on Thursday evening and free for the weekend, I've stayed in crew camping which although a wee bit of a walk through the hole in the wall is great craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Does anyone know, if you're staying in pink moon, can you just buy their early access or do you need to buy through TM as well

Snarky Snark Snark

You can buy it on their website, makes sense, they need to have your tent up and what ever bits are needed in it for you to actually check in.

xoGBo2x.png

Am actually half tempted by this meself just to avoid the traffic **** fest on the Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,661 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Well apparently the Pukkelpop announcement is in mid February, there is normally a few from that line up that winds up at the Picnic, its a pity that the mighty Twin was booked by FF again but I don't feel so bad now that I got a Sunday ticket for FF woo hoo :) Still would have been a nice late closer in the Electric Arena, just such bad luck that way during touring schedules.  When Aphex played Bestival in 2008 I thought he might also be scooped by EP but then he also played Oxegen that year.  Now that I'm looking forward to FF, I hope the Zombies get booked as I can't get that single of theirs out of my head, Its the time of the season, it would just be so fitting for Bulmers to book them.
    Great call. Playing Primavera and supposedly Glasto. Perfect fit and 4/5 special tunes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Pre-event volunteer, I work the Monday to Thursday, six hour shifts, just managing festival traffic and keeping the one way system going, otherwise it gets messy. Wristbanded on Thursday evening and free for the weekend, I've stayed in crew camping which although a wee bit of a walk through the hole in the wall is great craic.

Maybe I'm missing the point, but that sounds like four days work for something that can be bought for €160.

Advertisement