Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Car Seat Headrest might be a good shout for a down-the-bill slot.
    Playing in Ireland in March I think, but just announced a second UK tour later this year that runs right up to the Saturday of EP.
    He's playing End of the Road that day and the Sunday is free - might be picked up.
    His/Their album from last year was one of my favourites of 2016 so would be delighted if it turned out to be the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

BlaaEater wrote: »
    F*cking double-please on that!

I have been told over and over again by friends that are M&S's fans (and cannot accept my dislike for them) that their new stuff is 'completely different'. Their hyperbole likens the transition to Dylan going electric.

I really enjoy not listening to it just to annoy them, but can anyone confirm or deny this total revamp of the band?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

sadie06 wrote: »
    I have been told over and over again by friends that are M&S's fans (and cannot accept my dislike for them) that their new stuff is 'completely different'. Their hyperbole likens the transition to Dylan going electric.

I really enjoy not listening to it just to annoy them, but can anyone confirm or deny this total revamp of the band?
    I believe that they've ditched their banjos and their last album was kind of soft-rock-pop, similar to Coldplay, Kodaline, etc.
    I remember hearing a single a year or 2 ago and it sounded like one of those generic pop group with guitars-type acts that you'd hear on Today FM in the afternoon. utterly bland forgettable fluff.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Paddy2012

Car Seat Headrest might be a good shout for a down-the-bill slot.
    Playing in Ireland in March I think, but just announced a second UK tour later this year that runs right up to the Saturday of EP.
    He's playing End of the Road that day and the Sunday is free - might be picked up.
    His/Their album from last year was one of my favourites of 2016 so would be delighted if it turned out to be the case.
    He's also been announced for Electric Fields festival the same weekend as Electric Picnic (confusing I know) along with The Jesus and Mary Chain and Arab Strap so maybe a few acts will play both them and EOTR now that Festival no 6 has moved to the following week.

I believe that they've ditched their banjos and their last album was kind of soft-rock-pop, similar to Coldplay, Kodaline, etc.
    I remember hearing a single a year or 2 ago and it sounded like one of those generic pop group with guitars-type acts that you'd hear on Today FM in the afternoon. utterly bland forgettable fluff.

I see. My hatred of them probably is irrational, but it's definitely fueled by how angry people get when I say I don't like them.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

I see. My hatred of them probably is irrational, but it's definitely fueled by how angry people get when I say I don't like them.:D

Perfectly rational imo, don't beat yourself up ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Gave them a chance at rock werchter few years back but just could not get into them at all. Blandness of the highest order.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭milehip

That would only make me express my dislike for them on a more regular basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Leftfield apparently back on the road for 20th anniversay of Leftism, only a few dates so far but if still trotting about come late summer, they'd have to be on the short list for a dancey act.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,661 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Leftfield apparently back on the road for 20th anniversay of Leftism, only a few dates so far but if still trotting about come late summer, they'd have the be on the short list for a dancey act.
    Yaay. 2010 was superb. Met two of the guys after the gig (Djum Djum & Cheshire Cat) and they said it was the best soundsystem they'd used for the entire Summer. And they'd know!

• Advertisement

Leftfield apparently back on the road for 20th anniversay of Leftism, only a few dates so far but if still trotting about come late summer, they'd have to be on the short list for a dancey act.

I would be ecstatic if that were to happen. One of the greatest albums of its genre and it has aged incredibly well.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Loved their gig @ Forbidden Fruit - poured rain which somehow made it all the more enjoyable. I was definitely in a happy frame of mind that day!

It's a little off-topic, but if EP had a line-up as good as the BBC6 Festival next month I'd be a happy bunny.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/2hy3wl3kg02p4jRNP6wCNzb/6-music-festival-2017-the-line-up

And surely at least a few of those headed our way.

I'd love depeche mode to b added

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    It's a little off-topic, but if EP had a line-up as good as the BBC6 Festival next month I'd be a happy bunny.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/2hy3wl3kg02p4jRNP6wCNzb/6-music-festival-2017-the-line-up

Another eyesore of a lineup poster. Some great names in there though.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,728 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Seathrun66 wrote: »

I'd lose my shít if the Wedding Present played :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

davywalsh7 wrote: »

If we got something like The XX, Depeche Mode, Justice & Jamiroquai I think I could just about handle Mumford & Sons or Kasabian..

davywalsh7 wrote: »

If we got something like The XX, Depeche Mode, Justice & Jamiroquai I think I could just about handle Mumford & Sons or Kasabian..
    Same here. None of the above are of enormous appeal to me but there could be a lot worse and I'd check a few out. The undercard is where I'm now expecting the best stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tonto123

does anyone know if the last batch of tickets can be paid for in installments or do the tickets have to be paid for in full right away

• Advertisement

tonto123 wrote: »
    does anyone know if the last batch of tickets can be paid for in installments or do the tickets have to be paid for in full right away

I reckon instalments will still b available. It was last year as far as I remember anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Spaceshanty

Leftfield and Depeche Mode. Jesus give over. I would probably have to retire from EP after this one if that was the announcement. Huge fan of both. 1996 Leftism tour was a bit special. The power went in the old point depot If I remember. Have seen them at homelands Ireland and England, and any other time they came any where close to Dublin. That album still sounds amazing and you still notice something new every time you listen. Depeche Mode have been on my wishlist most years, if it doesn't happen this year with a tour and no Irish date I can't see them ever playing.

Metromony and Formation named for Body and Soul. Was hoping they would be on the list.

Also, no thanks one mumford and sons, abit blah for EP main stage 👎

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Mogwai, Flaming Lips and Bloc Party are headlining festival number 6 in Wales the weekend after EP. Lots more announced for it too, very strong DJ line up.

C5VqcBtW8AA1pvs.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Tago Mago

C5VqcBtW8AA1pvs.jpg

Fingers crossed for Jagwar Ma & Public Service Broadcasting. Sgt Pepper tribute would be quality too.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Paddy2012

I guess a lot of that lineup could end up playing, Mogwai would make a great alternative for the potential Kasabian/Mumford headliner

Announced for Reading & Leeds this morning:

Angel
    Avelino
    Bear’s Den
    Becky Hill
    Billy Talent
    Black Lips
    Blossoms
    Cabbage
    Cadet
    CamelPhat
    Charli XCX
    Chris Lorenzo
    Claptone
    Counterfeit
    Dave
    Dillon Francis
    Eden
    Eminem
    Everything Everything
    Fickle Friends
    Flatbush Zombies
    Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes
    Geovarn
    Giggs
    Grouplove
    HAIM
    Halsey
    High Contrast
    IDLES
    Inheaven
    J Hus
    Jaguar Skills
    James Organ
    Katy B (DJ Set)
    King Nun
    Klose One
    Lethal Bizzle
    Louis Berry
    Majestic
    Mallory Knox
    Marmozets
    Marshmello
    Mic Righteous
    Migos
    Milky Chance
    MIST
    Moose Blood
    MoStack
    Mullally
    Noisia ‘Outer Edges’
    Oh Wonder
    Phantogram
    Picture This
    Prose
    Puppy
    Ray BLK
    Rejjie Snow
    Rex Orange County
    Sam Divine
    Shame
    Shy FX
    Sundara Karma
    The Amazons
    The Heatwave
    The Hunna
    The Manor
    The Pretty Reckless
    The Sherlocks
    TOKiMONSTA
    Tom Grennan
    Tom Misch
    Toothless
    Yonaka
    You Me At Six
    Young T & Bugsey

would presume Haim will be back after they cancelled last year, possibly Everything Everything, Grouplove, Blossoms, Frank Carter, Billy Talent and a few others too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

Announced for Reading & Leeds this morning:

Angel
    Avelino
    Bear’s Den
    Becky Hill
    Billy Talent
    Black Lips
    Blossoms
    Cabbage
    Cadet
    CamelPhat
    Charli XCX
    Chris Lorenzo
    Claptone
    Counterfeit
    Dave
    Dillon Francis
    Eden
    Eminem
    Everything Everything
    Fickle Friends
    Flatbush Zombies
    Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes
    Geovarn
    Giggs
    Grouplove
    HAIM
    Halsey
    High Contrast
    IDLES
    Inheaven
    J Hus
    Jaguar Skills
    James Organ
    Katy B (DJ Set)
    King Nun
    Klose One
    Lethal Bizzle
    Louis Berry
    Majestic
    Mallory Knox
    Marmozets
    Marshmello
    Mic Righteous
    Migos
    Milky Chance
    MIST
    Moose Blood
    MoStack
    Mullally
    Noisia ‘Outer Edges’
    Oh Wonder
    Phantogram
    Picture This
    Prose
    Puppy
    Ray BLK
    Rejjie Snow
    Rex Orange County
    Sam Divine
    Shame
    Shy FX
    Sundara Karma
    The Amazons
    The Heatwave
    The Hunna
    The Manor
    The Pretty Reckless
    The Sherlocks
    TOKiMONSTA
    Tom Grennan
    Tom Misch
    Toothless
    Yonaka
    You Me At Six
    Young T & Bugsey

would presume Haim will be back after they cancelled last year, possibly Everything Everything, Grouplove, Blossoms, Frank Carter, Billy Talent and a few others too.

Eminem please.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Paddy2012 wrote: »
    I guess a lot of that lineup could end up playing, Mogwai would make a great alternative for the potential Kasabian/Mumford headliner

Headlined the EA a couple of years ago, my ears are still ringing, they could well play again, never gonna be main stagers, they were a good alternative to OutKast who were playing at the same time.
    showpony1 wrote: »
    Eminem please.

deeply deeply unlikely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Graham1978

This may have been asked but are Sunday Tickets done away with or sold out ?

Advertisement