Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Graham1978 wrote: »
    This may have been asked but are Sunday Tickets done away with or sold out ?

There's nothin on the website but I don't think the Sunday tickets go onsale until the acts are announced, so a couple of weeks yet for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Graham1978

This may have been asked but are Sunday Tickets done away with or sold out ?

There's nothin on the website but I don't think the Sunday tickets go onsale until the acts are announced, so a couple of weeks yet for that.

Cool, I'm away till the The Saturday but will try and get s ticket for the Sunday. Cheers mate ðŸ‘ðŸ»

• Registered Users Posts: 8,661 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    davywalsh7 wrote: »
    I'd love depeche mode to b added
    If we got something like The XX, Depeche Mode, Justice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

If we got something like The XX, Depeche Mode, Justice

Depeche Mode, Stone Roses, Nick Cave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

Depeche Mode, Stone Roses, Nick Cave

Justice on Fri, Stone Roses on Sat and Depeche Mode on Sun would be great :)

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

Cool, I'm away till the The Saturday but will try and get s ticket for the Sunday. Cheers mate ðŸ‘ðŸ»

A word of warning, the sunday tickets sell out faster a very fast thing going fast in the fast lane with the Eagles on the radio singing life in the fast lane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

Leftfield apparently back on the road for 20th anniversay of Leftism, only a few dates so far but if still trotting about come late summer, they'd have to be on the short list for a dancey act.

Paul Daley from Leftfield was DJing at Witnness in about 2001/2002. I was up front giving it socks, all my very best moves, heavily under the influence. When he finished I stumbled over stage left and hung off the railing for a few minutes, trying to get my energy back. I got a tip on the shoulder and looked up to see a very welcome Paul Daley, smiling and handing me an equally welcome bottle of water. What a gentleman.

These posts have gone a bit wonky. Wrong people down for the posts, my comments above mixed up with Ferris & Arne.  And unable to correct. Gremlins ahoy. 

Anyway, Depeche Mode would be a real coup for EP, but I suspect too expensive.

The undercard is where I'm now expecting the best stuff. Mary Chain, Interpol, Arab Strap, Jagwar Ma, Father John Misty, Girl Band, Lemon Twigs, Nadine Shah & possibly possibly Lucinda Williams. We could have a very good year, just with mediocre to bad headliners.

They're not for everyone, but what about Midnight Oil as an option? No European dates in August or early Sept, but that may change.

Also The Pretenders?

Snarky Snark Snark

They're not for everyone, but what about Midnight Oil as an option? No European dates in August or early Sept, but that may change.

Also The Pretenders?

Still have a few Midnight Oil 7"s in me ma's attic, they're in NZ the week after EP so I'd reckon they'd be unlikely esp given the gap between the last Euro date and the Kiwi date.

3 weeks of speculation left before the great whingathon 2017

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Still have a few Midnight Oil 7"s in me ma's attic, they're in NZ the week after EP so I'd reckon they'd be unlikely esp given the gap between the last Euro date and the Kiwi date.

3 weeks of speculation left before the great whingathon 2017

Id like to be the first to say it... "worst first announcement ever!"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

Been warming up for whingaton 2017 for a good few weeks now, missing tickets, seatwave, prices of everything, kids these days etc. Feeling like this could be a good year for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

If I had the time I'd trawl through all the old threads and come with up a Top 10 recurring annoying whinges/dumb questions that come up on these threads each year...

"Worst announcement ever" would have to be in there alright...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

The conversation will then move onto how the announced acts aren't the actual headliners and they will announce some unrealistic huge act in June.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

showpony1 wrote: »
    The conversation will then move onto how the announced acts aren't the actual headliners and they will announce some unrealistic huge act in June.

That'll be Radiohead of course!

MadYaker wrote: »
    That'll be Radiohead of course!

and the actual june announcement is Picture This & the Coronas.

Snarky Snark Snark

If I had the time I'd trawl through all the old threads and come with up a Top 10 recurring annoying whinges/dumb questions that come up on these threads each year...

1 - should i bring a raincoat / tent / has anyone got a checklist?
    2 - how pissed am I allowed get? I have a wheel barrow that can hold the contents of a small brewery, is this ok for the friday night?
    3 - mammy said I can go, i'm only 12 but look much older and can grow a small moustache, will they accept that cos my fake id says my name is McLovin
    4 - which colour yokes are safe?
    5 - which is the best field to camp in, i need to be able to piss on the tent next door to mark my territory, which allows this?
    6 - can I bring a guitar in, i've just learnt wonderwall.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

1 - should i bring a raincoat / tent / has anyone got a checklist?
    2 - how pissed am I allowed get? I have a wheel barrow that can hold the contents of a small brewery, is this ok for the friday night?
    3 - mammy said I can go, i'm only 12 but look much older and can grow a small moustache, will they accept that cos my fake id says my name is McLovin
    4 - which colour yokes are safe?
    5 - which is the best field to camp in, i need to be able to piss on the tent next door to mark my territory, which allows this?
    6 - can I bring a guitar in, i've just learnt wonderwall.

Don't forget my annoyance.

7. Fecking Aphex Twin, where is he?

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Snarky Snark Snark

Don't forget my annoyance.

7. Fecking Aphex Twin, where is he?

now now, you've got him at the forbidden fruit thingy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

"Worst announcement ever" would have to be in there alright...

Top 10 Whinges anyway:

1. The lineup is sh*t.
    2. They've totally forgotten what EP is supposed to be about, maaan.
    3. Why do people bring their kids to this?
    4. The beer is p*ss.
    5. The beer is too expensive.
    6. I can't bring my beer into the arena.
    7. Why can't I drive into the Green Car Park from the Dublin road?
    8. Why do all these people just sit in the campsite drinking?
    9. The guy in the tent next to me brought a guitar.
    10. When is the next announcement/there must be another announcement/last year there was an announcement by now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,343 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

and the actual june announcement is Picture This & the Coronas.

IMG_4400.jpg

Snarky Snark Snark

Top 10 Whinges anyway:

1. The lineup is sh*t.
    2. They've totally forgotten what EP is supposed to be about, maaan.
    3. Why do people bring their kids to this?
    4. The beer is p*ss.
    5. The beer is too expensive.
    6. I can't bring my beer into the arena.
    7. Why can't I drive into the Green Car Park from the Dublin road?
    8. Why do all these people just sit in the campsite drinking?
    9. The guy in the tent next to me brought a guitar.
    10. When is the next announcement/there must be another announcement/last year there was an announcement by now.

And not forgetting the ultimate pain in the hole / waste of rendered html question that pops up every year with out ****ing fail.

"What's the best way to smuggle alcohol into the arena"

there will be some sort of modern chart act announced that will be smugly insulted by the majority here.

Snarky Snark Snark

there will be some sort of modern chart act announced that will be smugly insulted by the majority here.

And rightly too! Modern Chart act #32 have a couple of good tunes but they don't really fit into the general mode of EP, if the kids want to see that sort of ****e then they should have gone to marley park (or other skanger fest of note).

Most of their stuff is just derivative generic radio guff, things were better in my days I'll tell ye, except the hotpants, the girls didn't wear those in the 80s cos goth... that bit is better now...*

*rubs trouser leg in leering and rather disturbing fashion...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Butthurt fans of Modern Chart act #32 will then label those insulting Modern Chart act #32 as snobs, smug, hipsters, grandad etc. Before themselves going on to label Modern Chart act #19 as crap.

Some potentially good news people. Efestivals have Mumford & Sons down as a strong rumour for Longitude, the 1975 also. There's a hole in the former's calendar for the EP weekend but I'm willing to renounce my atheism if that's not filled.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Some potentially good news people. Efestivals have Mumford & Sons down as a strong rumour for Longitude, the 1975 also. There's a hole in the former's calendar for the EP weekend but I'm willing to renounce my atheism if that's not filled.

It's latitude they are rumoured for but would make sense for Mumfords to play longitude also and hopefully keeping them away from ep. 1975 r already playing malahide so that rules them out

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

They have the two of them listed as 'strong rumours' for Longitude too, but I wonder is that just based off them being rumoured for Latitude. We will have a clearer idea who might appear at EP after the Longitude announcement is out on Wednesday. It's A Tribe Called Quests last year touring and they are in the states the weekend of Longitude, if they are going to play in Ireland you'd think it has to be EP now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

They have the two of them listed as 'strong rumours' for Longitude too, but I wonder is that just based off them being rumoured for Latitude. We will have a clearer idea who might appear at EP after the Longitude announcement is out on Wednesday. It's A Tribe Called Quests last year touring and they are in the states the weekend of Longitude, if they are going to play in Ireland you'd think it has to be EP now.

Yea there's no way 1975 r gonna play longitude and malahide. Mumfords makes sense tho

• Advertisement

davywalsh7 wrote: »

It's latitude they are rumoured for but would make sense for Mumfords to play longitude also and hopefully keeping them away from ep. 1975 r already playing malahide so that rules them out
    Very clearly for Longitude:
    http://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/longitude/2017/lineup.shtml

Advertisement