Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭neddynono

With the next Glastonbury announcement confirmed for mid March and EP announcement week beginning 20th March, my guess is whoever is announced for Glastonbury will also be doing EP.
    This puts Ed Sheeran as a major possibility imo
    Maybe whoever it is will announce Glastonbury on the Friday and the following week will say they're also doing these other festivals

I love overthinking these things 😋

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Depeche Mode announced the US leg of their tour, come EP time they'll be very very far away so scratch them off the wish list.

Surprised they've skipped here and they've only one proper large date in the UK on the tour.

Franz Ferdinand will be doing the rounds in yurp though so could be a likely contender.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

neddynono wrote: »
    With the next Glastonbury announcement confirmed for mid March and EP announcement week beginning 20th March, my guess is whoever is announced for Glastonbury will also be doing EP.
    This puts Ed Sheeran as a major possibility imo
    Maybe whoever it is will announce Glastonbury on the Friday and the following week will say they're also doing these other festivals

I love overthinking these things 😋
    pretty sure the Glastonbury announcement is only to be "in March", and the general thinking is that it will be sometime in the last week of March, with the re-sale a few days later in the first week of April.

Ed Sheeran sold out 2 nights in Croker so is much too big for EP anyway IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Depeche Mode announced the US leg of their tour, come EP time they'll be very very far away so scratch them off the wish list.

Surprised they've skipped here and they've only one proper large date in the UK on the tour.

Franz Ferdinand will be doing the rounds in yurp though so could be a likely contender.

Damn :( that is a disappointment about Depeche Mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Al70

MS291988 wrote: »
    Bloc Party anyone?

One of the Bloc Party boys told me the Trinity Ball is their only Irish gig this year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 Al70

Damn :( that is a disappointment about Depeche Mode.

Expect a December 3 Arena date for DM

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭bergipau

I see sigur ros are starting a European tour in September and no Irish dates have been listed. They headlined in ep in 2008 & 2012, I'll bet they will be playing. Possibly headlining Friday night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

bergipau wrote: »
    I see sigur ros are starting a European tour in September and no Irish dates have been listed. They headlined in ep in 2008 & 2012, I'll bet they will be playing. Possibly headlining Friday night.

Below is what I said when they announced their tour. I might be wrong, but that type of show doesn't sound like it'd suit a festival.
    Sigur Ros just announced a month-long European tour for mid-September to mid-October.

No Irish date and it seems to kick off a few weeks too late for Picnic.

On their site, it says they will tour with no support for the first time ever, playing two sets broken up by an intermission. Doesn't sound suited to festivals anyway so might count them out for EP.

Disappointing if there's no Irish show at all, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭deeks

Mumford and Sons appear to have been confirmed for Longitude. Phew!!

Snarky Snark Snark

deeks wrote: »
    Mumford and Sons appear to have been confirmed for Longitude. Phew!!

Source?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Source?

4hfbsZr.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭bergipau

bergipau wrote: »

Below is what I said when they announced their tour. I might be wrong, but that type of show doesn't sound like it'd suit a festival.
    Sigur Ros just announced a month-long European tour for mid-September to mid-October.

No Irish date and it seems to kick off a few weeks too late for Picnic.

On their site, it says they will tour with no support for the first time ever, playing two sets broken up by an intermission. Doesn't sound suited to festivals anyway so might count them out for EP.

Disappointing if there's no Irish show at all, though.

Pity I'd love to see them again. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Thank god we avoided mumfarts

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Ive never been so delighted to see a headliner announced for a festival I'm not attending :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    Thank god we avoided mumfarts

Ha, I like that name! I've been calling them Bumfords (in my head) :D

Snarky Snark Snark

Rfrip wrote: »
    Ive never been so delighted to see a headliner announced for a festival I'm not attending :)

I'd be wary of schadenfreude on this, might mean that we get something less pleasant* than M&S

*descriptive term used as they're inoffensive, bland and a bit dull,not exactly awful, just meh

Snarky Snark Snark

184 sleeps btw Ladies and Germs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

One down. Now we just have to avoid Major Lazer and Kasabian!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    And they're wrong too Sadie. Many Euro fests on concrete (often on disused airfield runways), little on offer bar the music so no comedy/literature/art, often no choice of beer (eg Heineken only in Primavera & Open'er), poor food options and few get better acts than EP. It's also a hell of a lot more expensive when you factor in flights, accommodation (for some) and the Picnic is great value if you buy early. Non-Irish pals have been hugely impressed with EP and it gets regularly unfairly knocked. Time for us to defend it a little. Unless they announce the Mumfords.

It depends what you're looking for, really. Personally I care not a jot for comedy, poetry and art installations at a music festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

And the Cranberries. :D

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

And the Cranberries. :D

oh dear jesus, i hadn't considered them

zoooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooombaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaaa

fcuk

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I see Max Cooper is added to the Latitude line up, I hope he might make it onto the EP line up anyway seeing that he is based in Belfast.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

So looks like we will get The Weeknd? didn't expect that.
    Pretty shocked by the Longitude line-up thought would have something along lines of Major Laser/Stormzy etc etc
    considering the crowd that were at it were messy 16-18 year olds for the most part.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

showpony1 wrote: »
    Pretty shocked by the Longitude line-up thought would have something along lines of Major Laser/Stormzy etc etc
    considering the crowd that were at it were messy 16-18 year olds for the most part.

Not really when you had The National last year

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

???

Not really when you had The National last year

Look at the rest of the names from longitude this year compared to the others last year - Kendrick Lamar, Major Laser etc

???

The Weeknd must be playing some irish gig this summer, and i expected it to be longitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

The Weeknd must be playing some irish gig this summer, and i expected it to be longitude.

Longitude still have to make their announcement no? Are they not still in the running to be named on that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

I'm by no means a Kasabian fan but how come so many dislike them? Is it cos their music isn't great or the type of crowd they'd attract or both? Just curious!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Still a strong possibility for the fri or sat at longitude I'd imagine no?

Advertisement