Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Didn't get my code direct from Ticketmaster even though I have the required 3 on there. Filled in the Festival Republic form last night and nothing back yet. Am getting worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭jonny_b

My code arrived earlier from TicketBastid & they say I've only been to 2 EP's, when I've been to 7 including the very first one-day fest! I wouldn't mind but they sent me the full discounted code last year, which I used to get early bird!
    same happened me there. I rang Ticketmaster and the guy gave me the 3 picnics or more code over the phone once I gave him the reference number of this years tickets. He said I wasn't signed up for the 3 picnics or more alert on the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

jonny_b wrote: »
    I rang Ticketmaster and the guy gave me the 3 picnics or more code over the phone.

Mate of mine did the same. This seems to be the way to go if you haven't got the code and think you should

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Thanks all for the info re: Pink Moon. Actually really excited about going now for the first time without the 'K' word. (that's kids…not ketamine). :-)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

everlast75 wrote: »
    I emailed them and got this reply.

"This year we are not issuing codes directly, you must apply on line. Please use the links below.
    All of the info is on this page: http://www.electricpicnic.ie/information/ticket-info
    Link to the application form: http://festivalrepublic.us6.list-manage2.com/subscribe?u=1e85d6ef674e2f66bcefab4b2&id=58e962cc29"

others here said they emailed the person they were mailing last year and got one - i don't know how :confused:

I got my code yesterday without emailing them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Is there that big a price difference to justify all the stress? (genuine question, not being a snot :) ) I saw tickets as low as 140 on Friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Is there that big a price difference to justify all the stress? (genuine question, not being a snot :) ) I saw tickets as low as 140 on Friday.

Well if you can sit it out and wait till the last second I'm sure there are bargains to be had. If you miss the early-bird though, full price will be pushing €250 I'd say this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Is there that big a price difference to justify all the stress? (genuine question, not being a snot ) I saw tickets as low as 140 on Friday.

There's no way I could wait til the Friday of EP to know if I was going. It's a no brainer to buy a ticket now with loyalty code and it can easily be sold on at a later date if you can't go. The saving is pretty significant when you compare 165 euro with 220+ and even moreso if you're buying two.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭peeps78

jobless wrote: »
    sounds appealing.... how much did you pay?.... as im hitting my late 30's :( i dont fancy camping with noisey teens anymore.... looking at other options in future

We camped in Charlie Chaplin near the entrance. its further to walk but definitely a more mature crowd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

What proof do Ticketmaster ask you for over the phone ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Belfunk

I emailed Ticketmaster.ie via their Contact Us form and received my code within 30minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

I see the point now! :) I'll be buying tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭gandalfio

sadie06 wrote: »
    Thanks all for the info re: Pink Moon. Actually really excited about going now for the first time without the 'K' word. (that's kids…not ketamine). :-)
    Regarding

Pink moon and podpads. What are the security searches like? Is it easy to bring plenty of cans into the main arena or are they strict just like the regular camping security entrances?

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Space Shanty

gandalfio wrote: »
    sadie06 wrote: »
    Thanks all for the info re: Pink Moon. Actually really excited about going now for the first time without the 'K' word. (that's kids not ketamine). :-)
    Regarding

Pink moon and podpads. What are the security searches like? Is it easy to bring plenty of cans into the main arena or are they strict just like the regular camping security entrances?

Much the same.
    They give bags a quick search so it'll be difficult enough to bring in cans there, but anything like Capri Sun pouches, ziploc bags or the like can be smuggled in OK in bags or down the trousers

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Have Radiohead been announced yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Effects wrote: »

Don't mention the R-Word.

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭adam240610

If you buy yurts for a big group, do they come with tickets as well? Because they end up about 240 pp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Yes.
    adam240610 wrote: »
    If you buy yurts for a big group, do they come with tickets as well? Because they end up about 240 pp

No. Nothing in Pink Moon comes with tickets. What you get is your accommodation and any extras you select as you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

threein99 wrote:
    What proof do Ticketmaster ask you for over the phone ?

The email address you used for the previous years. Or you should also have access to the order numbers online.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

There's no way they're going to play two years in a row

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

gandalfio wrote: »
    Regarding

They let us pour our cans into plastic cups going in all the while distracted from the bottles in my partners wellies. Had a much more thorough search coming in from the main entrance.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Pyrrhic

It was my first picnic this year and I'm in the process of getting all the stuff ready for the discount.

I bought my ticket second-hand this year.
    Does anybody know roughly how much they will be with the code of 2 or less?

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭ab4248

€205, 3+ times €165, 2 times €185

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mahoganygas

Got no code.

Sent a message through website.

5 mins later. Got code.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭ab4248

Which website mahoganygas? Ticketmaster, Festival Republic?

Ticketmaster. Use their Customer Service, contact us section. Ask a question, it will tell you they don't have the answer and would you like to contact us.

A bit awkward but it worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭deeks

Just got my code e-mail for 3 or more. Happy days.

Just counted on my Ticketmaster account and apparently I've been to 7 picnics.

I only remember 5........

Next year, drink less!

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Paddy2012

Paddy2012 wrote: »
    I think The XX might headline next year.

Are they making a new album?

I'm interested to see what route they go down now that Jamie xx has established himself over the last few years. Big fan of their first two albums but a much bigger fan of his solo one (and the Gil Scott Heron remix had some great tracks too).

They started recording it late last year so should have new music out soon. I prefer Jamie's solo album too, wonder if they'll play stuff from when they next tour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

All the talk of buying tickets and pink moon this early is scaring me! Usually buy mine before Christmas but this is way too early for me, will be in the red financially for the next few weeks at least! Hope they don't have a very limited number of early birds.

Advertisement