Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I wouldn't mind seeing Stormzy live tbh, he's pretty good if your into grime. He isn't really a big enough act for headliner imo, even at longitude.

I'd say we'll get The xx as one of our headliners now since they haven't announced anything for Ireland yet. I'm still holding for prodigy on friday night though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭DanielSwords

Bumped into the lead singer and manager of one of my favourite bands at LCD soundsystem last year having seen them play themselves earlier that Saturday. The manager asked if we could help them source something to revitalize them for the rest of the night. We helped them out and then they gave us two guestlist spots for their Dublin gig in November. It was surreal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Bumped into the lead singer and manager of one of my favourite bands at LCD soundsystem last year having seen them play themselves earlier that Saturday. The manager asked if we could help them source something to revitalize them for the rest of the night. We helped them out and then they gave us two guestlist spots for their Dublin gig in November. It was surreal.

It's Little Mix isn't it. Playing 3Arena on 6th Nov

Not to derail the highlights talk but does anyone have any really quirky Picnic memories?

One that always springs to mind for me was a blind drunk Stephen Malkmus dedicating a song to "the Hull City Tigers" before following it with "They're from England - your enemy!" and cackling away to himself before continuing to play.

His band looked as bemused as everyone in the audience.

Also bumping into (literally!) Phil Jupitus as he ran to the comedy stage having missed his cue to start. Apologised as he ran off, leaving my on my arse in a field.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

Synode wrote: »
    It's Little Mix isn't it. Playing 3Arena on 6th Nov

Confirmed. Little Mix love yokes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

MattD wrote: »
    Confirmed. Little Mix love yokes.

Are Little mix on yokes enough to headline though? You'd need a big act like The Coronas on crystal meth to sub headline imo.

Wont let me post a picture but spin 1038 had on Facebook that there would be an announcement tomorrow. I know there supposedly wasn't an announcement till the week of the 20th but we live in hope..

Edit: They've since edited the post to no longer say this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

that's crazy. you'd think that'd be very easy to source 'backstage' (or the field behind the trucks at a festival)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Geech

Did anyone see Spin1038s predictions ? The likes of Eminem, Calvin Harris, Daft Punk, Gorillaz, Muse , Kasabian, The XX, Foo Fighters, Fatboy Slim and Major Lazer. Thoughts ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Geech wrote: »
    Did anyone see Spin1038s predictions ? The likes of Eminem, Calvin Harris, Daft Punk, Gorillaz, Muse , Kasabian, The XX, Foo Fighters, Fatboy Slim and Major Lazer. Thoughts ?

clickbait on the radio ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Geech

clickbait on the radio ?
    Ya apparently they made predictions for Longitude too that were all wrong .

• Registered Users Posts: 19,730 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

The XX, Depeche Mode, Kasabian are in I reckon.

I would be very happy if Daft Punk and/or Muse played too.

I'm hoping for some 90's Indie, like Embrace, James or Feeder.

Last I heard the 20th was the 1st announcement. I've heard however Monday might be a reveal...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Depeche Mode are in the States at that time, they are not a runner.

Depeche Mode are in the States at that time, they are not a runner.

Time for a ninja edit then so ;)

Snarky Snark Snark

everlast75 wrote: »
    Time for a ninja edit then so ;)
    The XX, Depeche Mode, Kasabian are in I reckon.

oh no you don't!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

I think you could be close and get either one or both of the XX and Kasabian though. Perhaps Muse. A Tribe Called Quest could make an appearance. Last year we got New Order, Depeche Mode were rumoured this year but I would like to see an old enough band take up one of the headline or sub-headline spots.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea i think The XX , Major Lazer ( :mad::mad:) or either Kasabian or Muse

• Registered Users Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Yea i think The XX , Major Lazer ( :mad::mad:) or either Kasabian or Muse

Yeah I'd say that is a decent guess. I would be surprised if the XX aren't announced, then I'd say one of Major Lazer/Justice and maybe one of Muse/Kasabian.

Other contenders possibly Frank Ocean, A Tribe Called Quest, Foals? Number 1 on my wishlist is Jamiroquai but hard to know how likely he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

**** me the contrast!! Forbidden fruit line up looks deadly! Longitude (normally 100%) absolute muck in my view!! Its like I-radio have taken over.

I really enjoyed reading your 'best memories' completely forgotten some!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Does anybody have any ideas where would be best to try and sell a 4 man pink moon booking? Or is it even possible? Done deal and the likes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭roll

asking for memories of 10-15 years of EP is bordering on the cruel! But here goes....

07 Spiritualized
    08 MBV/Sigur Ros
    09 Okkervil River/The walkmen
    10 Steve Mason/Stars (Still haunted by the storm on the sunday night)
    11 Arcade Fire/Mogwai/Pulp/PJ Harvey -what a line up!
    12 Only made the sunday so Elbow and Hot Chip
    13 MBV/Eeels/ D Byrne & St Vincent
    14 London Grammar/Slowdive/Mogwai
    15 War On Drugs/FKA Twigs
    16 New Order/KKC followed by LCD

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Does anybody have any ideas where would be best to try and sell a 4 man pink moon booking? Or is it even possible? Done deal and the likes?

https://toutless.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

BOHtox wrote: »
    I think you could be close and get either one or both of the XX and Kasabian though. Perhaps Muse. A Tribe Called Quest could make an appearance. Last year we got New Order, Depeche Mode were rumoured this year but I would like to see an old enough band take up one of the headline or sub-headline spots.

I'd love to see A-ha play

Snarky Snark Snark

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    I'd love to see A-ha play

Fcuk yes!

A setlist search for Jon Hopkins EP gig threw this up!! How did we miss this "golden post"

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057283475&page=508

Fatfrog wrote: »
    A setlist search for Jon Hopkins EP gig threw this up!! How did we miss this "golden post"

I think this needs further investigation, possibly a documentary on this guys life up until he passed away on the 06/09/15 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

So 8 days till the excitement or disappointment ups a notch or two, who do you reckon fits that first Picnic announcement, would like the Zombies anyway, they are touring and it seems an opportunity that the Picnic shouldn't miss. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Snarky Snark Snark

Think we'll wind up waiting till the middle of that week, isint it normally done on Wednesday

No one believe we might have an announcement tomorrow then?

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

No one believe we might have an announcement tomorrow then?

Don't they normally have a press bash thingy for the announcement?

Advertisement