Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

everlast75 wrote: »
    No one believe we might have an announcement tomorrow then?

They said it would be the week of the 20th

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭GidCudi

Shocked if it's not The xx like many said before. I'd say Flume and Two Door Cinema Club be in there too. Justice/Major Lazer, one or the other. On the rap side of things (Joey Badass was fantastic last year) I'm hoping for Flatbush Zombies, but think Danny Brown might be in. That Rag'n'Bone Man will be thrown in as well I reckon.

PJ Harvey seems more likely than a Muse to be honest and more down EP's street than a Kasabian. Would be a strange time to have Kasabian high up the billing of a festival.

Just get Daniel Avery back. Caught Talos last year as well was very impressed. Glass Animals have been brilliant every time I've seen them. They're playing Electric Fields that weekend but only across the pond.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

GidCudi wrote: »
    PJ Harvey seems more likely than a Muse to be honest and more down EP's street than a Kasabian. Would be a strange time to have Kasabian high up the billing of a festival.

Kasabian if announced could only be headliners, they've headlined Glastonbury and are headlining Leeds/Reading, there'd be nothing strange about it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Shocked if it's not The xx like many said before. I'd say Flume and Two Door Cinema Club be in there too. Justice/Major Lazer, one or the other. On the rap side of things (Joey Badass was fantastic last year) I'm hoping for Flatbush Zombies, but think Danny Brown might be in. That Rag'n'Bone Man will be thrown in as well I reckon.

Just get Daniel Avery back. Caught Talos last year as well was very impressed. Glass Animals have been brilliant every time I've seen them. They're playing Electric Fields that weekend but only across the pond.

Already doing a gig in Trinity

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tonto123

will the tickets be on sale before the line up comes out i wonder? how quickly we thinking these tickets gonna sell out? couple of hours? days? guess it depends if they come out before the lineup or not

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

tonto123 wrote: »
    will the tickets be on sale before the line up comes out i wonder? how quickly we thinking these tickets gonna sell out? couple of hours? days? guess it depends if they come out before the lineup or not

Tickets usually go on sale just after the announcement, it's really hard to tell though how quickly they will go as we've no idea on the breakdown numbers between full price (post announcement tickets) and those which went in the early bird / repeat offenders sales.

Last year was really quick (think it was about 2 weeks) for the full weekend tickets and then the Sunday tickets usually go in a couple of days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

Full weekend tickets sold out within 9 days last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

I'd be surprised if they lasted a week this time.
    wouldn't be shocked if they sold out on the day though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

I'd be surprised if they lasted a week this time.
    wouldn't be shocked if they sold out on the day though.

2015 tickets sold out over 3 months after first announcement made and some difference in how quickly they sold out last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Sunday tickets sold out in minutes last year.
    I tried to get one for my brother, but had no luck.
    This year will be the same for Sunday tickets, and tbh i wouldn't be surprised if the weekend tickets sold out on the 1st day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Paddy2012

The hip hop line up this year could be great A Tribe Called Quest and Run the Jewels are both around, I wouldn't even write off Eminem yet (playing Reading/Leeds and Glasgow close to the festival but no Irish date)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Tickets and announcement on Thursday the 23rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Sunday day tickets onsale then too, 9am.

Snarky Snark Snark

Sunday day tickets onsale then too, 9am.

until 9:00:23:5 AM :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Tickets on sale before the announcement.

Wonder if they'll even last until the afternoon/evening when EP do their reveal?

You can almost see the Facebook comments now - "the xx and PJ Harvey? I bought my tickets cos I thought Calvin Harris would be there!"

Anyway, basing this on nothing other than a gut feeling - anyone looking for a ticket should move fast. Last year, they lasted a matter of days and everything is selling out far quicker this summer.

Sunday tickets will go in no time and the weekend tickets (which were reported to be 50% sold by the Indo before they stopped selling pre-christmas) probably won't last much longer.

Snarky Snark Snark

ticket master servers and a certain bookface page come the evening of the 23rd

nYxyfPo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭GidCudi

Kasabian if announced could only be headliners, they've headlined Glastonbury and are headlining Leeds/Reading, there'd be nothing strange about it.[/quote]

Dead right...I meant more along the lines of it being a bit out of left field that they'd headline this year. Back around the time of West Ryder Pauper Lunatic Asylum I could see them headline any festival in the world, just a strange one if they get EP this year in my books. Anyhooo, we will find out on the 23rd ðŸ˜႒

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

Duran Duran
    Rancid
    The 1975
    Glass Bastardin' Animals

• Registered Users Posts: 19,730 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Funkfield wrote: »
    Duran Duran are Rancid and the last time they were good was in 1975, the Glass Bastardin' Animals

Fixed your post ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I'm so glad I already got a ticket. I can do without another stressful ticket buying morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

On the rap front, I predict De La Soul. Playing the UK, House of Common on the 28th August.

I will happily take that if we don't get A Tribe Called Quest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

Is there no loyalty discounts this year ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

There was a loyalty discount but it stopped a good few months ago. I am also delighted to have a ticket purchased as I can imagine there being a lot of people left without tickets if it sells out on the day. Are there any European festivals announcing acts over the next 10 days or will EP be getting most of its acts out of who is already announced for festivals around the time?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

On the rap front, I predict De La Soul. Playing the UK, House of Common on the 28th August.

I will happily take that if we don't get A Tribe Called Quest.

De la Soul flashback from 2005, after someone threw up a tricolor one of the trio when attempting to say something along the lines of "we don't need this because there are no borders or nations in music" made a total balls of it(i blame drugs) and didn't get the last part out audibly.

Cue booing and dogs abuse from the crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Is this the first year the second batch of tickets will be going on sale before the announcement? It will be interesting to see if the festival can sell out on reputation alone.

Snarky Snark Snark

MadYaker wrote: »
    Is this the first year the second batch of tickets will be going on sale before the announcement? It will be interesting to see if the festival can sell out on reputation alone.

given the meh'ish response to the marley park gigs, i'd say there's a good chance, people will be looking for funtimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,196 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Snarky Snark Snark

171 Sleeps.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭roll

9 sleeps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Paddy2012

There was a loyalty discount but it stopped a good few months ago. I am also delighted to have a ticket purchased as I can imagine there being a lot of people left without tickets if it sells out on the day. Are there any European festivals announcing acts over the next 10 days or will EP be getting most of its acts out of who is already announced for festivals around the time?
    I think Glastonbury could be announcing their lineup around the same time but doubt it has much effect on EP.

Advertisement