Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 chewey91

I reckon Haim and the XX are pretty solid bets, possibly both as headliners.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Haim are not headliners yet (mainstage early evening), they do owe us a gig (well those that want to see them) for last years no show, they're doing Leeds/Reading so are in the neighbourhood come EP time

• Registered Users Posts: 12,221 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Yeah they be should be on the bill alright. Search for Haim bass face on google images if you're bored.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

MadYaker wrote: »
    Yeah they be should be on the bill alright. Search for Haim bass face on google images if you're bored.

She's like

3b68e083e6452c2217b0076f9729138a.gif

and I'm like

leaving-now.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Another enduring memory for me at the Picnic was at the Body & Soul main stage for the closing act of the 2013 edition, Tourist, the perfect chill drum n bass act,ambient techno whatmayoucallit dance music thingy. Really nice stuff to close out the Sunday night.

And a terribly short clip as my battery ran out, but a lovely stage set up at Body and soul, treat it like a eight second still.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Anybody familiar with Mitski on here? definitely one of the stand out solo artists of 2016. She's playing Coachella this year and would be a lovely addition for EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭GidCudi

Bonobo would be a nice addition

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

really hope The XX are playing. they've been getting great reviews on their new tour, live show is much dancier with the new album and one or 2 of Jamie's songs, even some of the older ones getting re-worked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

nocoverart wrote: »
    Anybody familiar with Mitski on here? definitely one of the stand out solo artists of 2016. She's playing Coachella this year and would be a lovely addition for EP.

She is doing shows in Dublin and Cork in early June if you wanted to catch her live. Meant to put on a great show!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

GidCudi wrote: »
    Bonobo would be a nice addition

That would be fantastic, tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Deadmau5 announced as a co-headliner for Bennicassim today, I'd say he is unlikely for EP but I would much rather him than Major Lazer!

Deadmau5 announced as a co-headliner for Bennicassim today, I'd say he is unlikely for EP but I would much rather him than Major Lazer!

I got a feeling it could be Justice, touring the European circuit and playing festivals, would they not be considered a big dance act.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I got a feeling it could be Justice, touring the European circuit and playing festivals, would they not be considered a big dance act.

Yeah I hope you're right. Say it could be between them or Major Lazer.

Yeah I hope you're right. Say it could be between them or Major Lazer.

I hope not, Major Lazer, thats a skanger magnet more than anything, thats like inviting the Cocktail, Cocktail crowd to the main stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭kwat

Wonder could we see London Grammar on the line-up.
    New album due soon and already announced for lots of European festivals this summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

kwat wrote: »
    Wonder could we see London Grammar on the line-up.
    New album due soon and already announced for lots of European festivals this summer.

Yeah I'd say the xx and London grammar are definates

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Paddy2012

The Magnetic Fields have announced London dates the week after EP, would love to see them but they'd probably need to given two sets like at Primavera in order to play their new album.

Still no idea at all whats going to be on this line up announcement, we need a wee leak from some confidant in FR, hopefully over the next day or two. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

He's playing two festivals in U.K. Week before picnic so could b a possibility

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Dont no which is worse Deadmau5 or Major Lazer tbh.

I can see The Vaccines popping up on the line up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Dont no which is worse Deadmau5 or Major Lazer tbh.

I can see The Vaccines popping up on the line up

Yea fan of neither tbh but major laser would def b worse.

Vaccines would b nice addition

If I see any more decent announcements before the Picnic announcement I swear I will burn down each and every venue ha ha. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

Paddy2012 wrote: »
    The Magnetic Fields have announced London dates the week after EP, would love to see them but they'd probably need to given two sets like at Primavera in order to play their new album.

They are playing the nch in August so no ep for them

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Peesh89

If I see any more decent announcements before the Picnic announcement I swear I will burn down each and every venue ha ha. :D

Just saw Air got announced for beatyard. Would've been a nice one for Picnic!

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Ruchie Hawtin has a new show touring festivals and playing U.K. weekend before... (Creamfields)

Has played EP before and they frequently have people back so must be considered a contender?

https://www.residentadvisor.net/news.aspx?id=38459

• Registered Users Posts: 28,196 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

20th anniversary of Daftendirektour tour this year...maybe just maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Peesh89

Kasabian announced for Olympia in April..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Mcd accounts press release says 80% of tickets sold. Essentially there are enough tickets for a gig in the point left for the day they go back on sale. They won't last an hour post announcement.

The MCD PR team can send the cheque to me for driving a buying frenzy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Peesh89 wrote: »

One night in the Olympia sold out next week won't be enough to mean no EP. If anything it makes them more likely in my book.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Paddy2012

Peesh89 wrote: »

One night in the Olympia sold out next week won't be enough to mean no EP. If anything it makes them more likely in my book.

Yeah, I can't see that being their only Irish date this year. I think they're very likely to play now.

Advertisement