Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,221 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

The gigs look good from footage I've seen but I've always been slightly underwhelmed with them on record. I much prefer Jamie xx's solo stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭glencurtis252

Mr.S wrote:
    They're fantastic live as well, the last EP show they did was one of my favourites. But I can see why some don't like them...!

MadYaker wrote:
    The gigs look good from footage I've seen but I've always been slightly underwhelmed with them on record. I much prefer Jamie xx's solo stuff.

Yeah they seem to be a band that you either love them or you hate them.. from what I've heard just not for me!! So from a selfish point of view I'm hoping they're not gonna be a headliner, but everything seems to be pointing in the opposite direction Haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,661 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Phoenix likely? Not played before and doing some Summer fests. Ideal for EP. As would have been Air. We seem to miss out of the French acts every year, Christine & The Queens another suitable Picnic act we've lost.

And why have SLF never played? Gigs in Dublin & Belfast in August so unlikely, but as Irish heritage acts go they're overdue a visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,661 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Phoenix likely? Not played before and doing some Summer fests. Ideal for EP. As would have been Air. We seem to miss out on the French acts every year, Christine & The Queens another suitable Picnic act we've lost.

And why have SLF never played? Gigs in Dublin & Belfast in August so unlikely, but as Irish heritage acts go they're overdue a visit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Phoenix likely? Not played before and doing some Summer fests. Ideal for EP. As would have been Air. We seem to miss out of the French acts every year, Christine & The Queens another suitable Picnic act we've missed.

Missed out on M83 last year. They were one of my predictions but alas EP didn't nab them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭glencurtis252

Just flicking through other festival lineups.. seen rudimental doing v festival would people class them as a chance of the dancey act rather then major lazer or justice.. do they fit in with EP??

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Decka

Carl Cox playing in Belfast on the 28th, Would love to see him in Ireland, never disappointed in Ibiza!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

Just flicking through other festival lineups.. seen rudimental doing v festival would people class them as a chance of the dancey act rather then major lazer or justice.. do they fit in with EP??

Rudimental are playing Life Festival this year so wouldn't think they'd be booked for EP aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Interesting, 11M spent on site in 2016. Thats;
    €200 per person @55k capacity
    €220 @50k capacity.

This seems a bit on the low side for me, I'd usually spend at least 300, buy pretty much all meals there, but wouldn't exactly go crazy spending, usually smuggle in as much booze as possible to avoid the bars.

How much do you spend??

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/economy/electric-picnic-contributed-36m-to-ireland-s-economy-1.3016462

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Fatfrog wrote: »
    €220 @50k capacity.

This seems a bit on the low side for me, I'd usually spend at least 300, buy pretty much all meals there, but wouldn't exactly go crazy spending, usually smuggle in as much booze as possible to avoid the bars.

How much do you spend??

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/economy/electric-picnic-contributed-36m-to-ireland-s-economy-1.3016462

I wouldn't go too far over the €200 mark usually. Average €10 per meal (2 Friday, 3 Saturday, 3 Sunday, 1 Monday = €90) Add in another... €30-€50 for snacks and coffees and I'm under the €150 mark. And that's being generous. I'm not much of a snacker and I usually bring bits for that so it's probably closer to €20 than €50 being realistic.

€6 per pint, I might manage 3-4 on a day and do most of my drinking in the campsite. This was made even easier by the quick access to Pink Moon from the arena so that might put me at €220 ish.

Sounds about right. If I buy a t-shirt or something that'll push it up, but I haven't done so for about 3-4 years now I think. I don't wear them much after so it's just money down the drain!!

I'm usually one of the more frugal festival goers in my group tbf, but I would say an average of €200 per person would be right. You always have one who drops hundreds and can't explain how, just like there's usually one who spent €15 because they had brought enough tinned spaghetti to feed all of Hendrix.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Me and the OH spent about 200 between us the last few years. We always bring some food to do us for the first couple of days. So drink inside is the biggest expense and we always smuggle some in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Fatfrog wrote: »
    €220 @50k capacity.

How much do you spend??

Another million or so on the 'black market' econonmy too! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

If you say €200 is €70-ish per day, then it's not that much, considering any sort of decent meal is €15, add in a breakfast roll and a pie at 2am, you're looking at €40 per day on food without going mad. Then €30 on alcohol would be spent pretty quickly, that's only five pints.

So sounds about right.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I know its a bit of a random pick but what about Pink? She is doing V Festival and now announced for Sziget

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

I know its a bit of a random pick but what about Pink? She is doing V Festival and now announced for Sziget

That would be random but from what I've heard, she's supposed to put on a crackin show (wouldn't be my cup of tea but would potter along to see)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 RustyDuck

What about Steve Van Zandt? He announced the Cork gig but he suggested there'd be another one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Bool_urns

Just looked back through the Bestival line ups over the past few years and was surprised by how little how little they have in common with EP. After '14 I thought they normally shared a decent amount of acts together.
    For headliner it's always difficult to predict, they love getting acts they've gotten before but since 2015 they seem to include a pop act as well as big old school electronic act and a big indie band. As has been mentioned, I'd say The XX are a shoo-in (saw them in brussels on this tour, they put on a great show) but the rest of the headliners are so hard to guess. I thought before that it might be either Tribe or Frank Ocean (is he big enough?) and then someone like Flaming Lips but I'm not sure if they'd book them this year.
    As for the smaller acts, they seem more predictable and I'd guess some of these will play: Father John Misty, Dj Shadow, Pet Shop Boys, Mac Demarco, Metronomy, Two Door, Ham (especially after last year), Sampha, London Grammar.
    Would also love if they get Anderson.paak or Vince Staples but they seem less likely

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Paddy2012

It seems unlikely but I think The XX, Eminem and Kasabian will headline

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Geech

If Fleetwood Mac were announced I'd be a very, very, VERY happy person. Unlikely though I suppose :(

Kasabian is possible I'd say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Paddy2012 wrote: »
    It seems unlikely but I think The XX, Eminem and Kasabian will headline

I highly doubt Eminem will b stradbally bound

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Does anyone know if you can buy more than one ticket using the installment plan?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Just catching up on some recent releases after a few weeks out of the loop ..

Blanck Mass' new album is near enough to a masterpiece as makes no difference .. and he is at the End of the Road Festival the week before .. no date the w/e of EP ... Would love this to happen. I remember F**k Buttons at B&S a few years back and it was mesmerising.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Wing126 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you can buy more than one ticket using the installment plan?

Yes, I have done this in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Yes, I have done this in the past.

Great, thanks for the answer! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Enjoying Aine Cahill's new single Plastic which seems to be getting a lot of airplay on the radio and she is down for Festival No 6 in Wales plus she's Irish, so no doubt she'll be in the line up somewhere.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Paleblood

I couldn't have spent more than €40 at it last year. I was suffering from a digestive disorder and could barely handle a mouthful of water. I still had a good weekend and I live nearby so I was home within 40 minutes each night. It won't suit everyone but if you live in Laois and are chronically ill then it can be a cheap weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭PhuckHugh

Bool_urns wrote: »
    Kasabian is possible I'd say

Please god, no.

It'd be out of character for them to book them but there doesn't seem to be that many artists touring this year that fit the EP headliner profile

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Paleblood wrote: »
    I couldn't have spent more than €40 at it last year. I was suffering from a digestive disorder and could barely handle a mouthful of water. I still had a good weekend and I live nearby so I was home within 40 minutes each night. It won't suit everyone but if you live in Laois and are chronically ill then it can be a cheap weekend.

This is quite possibly the best endorsement of any festival ever.

Can we get Festival Republic to put it on the posters?

Advertisement