Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

What time are we expecting the lineup on Thursday?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Paleblood wrote: »
    I couldn't have spent more than €40 at it last year. I was suffering from a digestive disorder and could barely handle a mouthful of water. I still had a good weekend and I live nearby so I was home within 40 minutes each night. It won't suit everyone but if you live in Laois and are chronically ill then it can be a cheap weekend.

That sounds pretty rough mate, I don't think that's something anyone should have to deal with, not sure I could quite put up with it so fair play... hopefully you get to move out of Laois in the near future.! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

davywalsh7 wrote: »

Last year it was about 3-4pm but they haven't given any clear indication yet for this year.

It could be then but other festivals (Indiependence and Longitude for e.g.) both did their media launches later in the day. Think Longitude was close to 6pm and Indiependence was around 7pm.

Forbidden Fruit was the only one I saw that did it early in the day this year, and I wasn't paying attention for Body & Soul so...

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

Paddy2012 wrote: »
    It seems unlikely but I think The XX, Eminem and Kasabian will headline
    This sentence seems unlikely to make sense.

adam240610 wrote: »
    Would love this, I'm going to Nos alive as well as Ep, not enough rock or heavy music in nos as I'd like, hope ep isn't completely indie
    Yeah, Metal is the forgotten genre at EP. Losing interest every year for this reason. No interest in Metallica but if they booked Kvelertak, who are supporting Metallica on their tour, I'd go for them alone.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

davywalsh7 wrote: »

Launch Party is in the evening, so I would guess 8.00-9.00

/edit

but from reading above, the launch was also int he eve last year so perhaps it will be earlier...

PR behind the launch just issued a photo call for 11.30am on Thursday so we should know all by lunch time it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Launch Party is in the evening, so I would guess 8.00-9.00

/edit

but from reading above, the launch was also int he eve last year so perhaps it will be earlier...
    think the launch was around 3pm last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

And remember everyone

If R-Word are not in the initial announcement, they're bound to be added later on as a surprise announcement a week or so before the event so keep plugging them in the thread, if it needs anything, it's more R-Word.

And remember everyone

If R-Word are not in the initial announcement, they're bound to be added later on as a surprise announcement a week or so before the event so keep plugging them in the thread, if it needs anything, it's more R-Word.

Maybe we could get it written into the rules of the thread?

Any mentions of the R-word, any questions about smuggling booze into the arena and any questions about which campsite is best = insta-ban.

• Advertisement

Mogwai beginning a world tour in the UK on 8th September. They haven't played EP in at least two years so they might be added.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Won't be going this year, but if I had to guess the headliners and sub headliners I'd say, in descending order of likeliness, about 4-5 of these:
    Interpol
    The xx
    The Flaming Lips
    PJ Harvey
    Justice
    The Shins
    Flume
    Run the Jewels
    Sigur Ros
    The Avalanches
    The 1975
    Lorde
    Major Lazer
    Jamiroquai
    Frank Ocean
    Gorillaz
    Solange
    Kasabian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Paleblood

Easy Rod wrote: »
    That sounds pretty rough mate, I don't think that's something anyone should have to deal with, not sure I could quite put up with it so fair play... hopefully you get to move out of Laois in the near future.! :pac:

Well played, maestro!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Glasgow Summer Sessions on 24th August, wouldn't mind Run the Jewels for EP.

C6fafqWWgAAMe-Z.jpg

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭stead

Don't see Eminem headlining but I can't help but entertain the thought. Glasgow Summer Sessions sold 35k tickets. What's EP's capacity, 50k+? I don't think size is what would rule him about, perhaps the style of the festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

stead wrote: »
    Don't see Eminem headlining but I can't help but entertain the thought. Glasgow Summer Sessions sold 35k tickets. What's EP's capacity, 50k+? I don't think size is what would rule him about, perhaps the style of the festival.

Size wouldn't but suitability plus fee would

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Won't be going this year, but if I had to guess the headliners and sub headliners I'd say, in descending order of likeliness, about 4-5 of these:
    Interpol, The xx, The Flaming Lips, PJ Harvey, Justice , The Shins, Flume, Run the Jewels, Sigur Ros, The Avalanches, The 1975, Lorde, Major Lazer, Jamiroquai, Frank Ocean, Gorillaz, Solange, Kasabian

Would love some of these. Would not be a bad bunch to select from if these were all the contenders for headliners and subs. The Shins played last year so I wonder if that would rule them out. Also would imagine the 1975 are ruled out for the same reason and because they are playing in Malahide Castle.

For the undercard I would personally be hoping for a few from London Grammar, Bonobo, Little Dragon, White Lies, Public Service Broadcasting, Jagwar Ma, HAIM, Soulwax, !!!, Chet Faker, Bicep, Joe Goddard. Although not too sure how likely any of them are bar maybe the first two!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Would love Little Dragon, they are fecking brilliant, blew me away at Body & Soul festival 2012.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Any good places to get tents?

Snarky Snark Snark

Rise and shine folks!

Time to get the pitchforks and flaming torches ready!

(163 sleeps btw!)

Wing126 wrote: »

It's now the time of the year to check Halfords

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

Wing126 wrote: »

I got a 6-man tent a couple of years ago in Argos for €160, it's great quality!

Rise and shine folks!

Time to get the pitchforks and flaming torches ready!

(163 sleeps btw!)

It's now the time of the year to check Halfords

Halfords had a decent one on their website for 84 euro. Came with 4 sleeping bags and mats, but it doesn't seem to be available anymore. It still comes up when you search the halfords website, but the page 404's when you go to view it. Might pop into the store today and see if they have it.
    I got a 6-man tent a couple of years ago in Argos for €160, it's great quality!

Shall have another look in argos aswell so! Only need a 4 man and not gonna spend over 100 euro on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Quintis

Any chance of Campervan tickets going on-sale tomorrow???

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭glencurtis252

Wing126 wrote:

Sports direct to have them for f#*k all

Snarky Snark Snark

Sports direct to have them for f#*k all

Because they **** over their staff

Buy ethically people

Snarky Snark Snark

Quintis wrote: »
    Any chance of Campervan tickets going on-sale tomorrow???

They sold out last September

Toutless is your only shot

Nine Inch Nails doing a US tour in the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

They sold out last September

Toutless is your only shot

You won't get anything until about a week or two before the festival. I picked one up last year right at the end and there were plenty around at that time at a decent price.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Id like to see Royal Blood, Temples, King Gizzard, The Growlers

Also think that we could see Foals make an appearance

• Advertisement

Nine Inch Nails doing a US tour in the summer.

Yeah, friend and I were talking about the possibility of them playing. Would love it, but I don't see it happening.

Advertisement