Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,727 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Wing126 wrote: »
    Yeah, friend and I were talking about the possibility of them playing. Would love it, but I don't see it happening.

Would love to see NIN there, but agree it's unlikely.

Don't think the lineup's going to blow me away, was hoping the likes of Orbital, Aphex Twin, Moderat & Air would be there.

Hopefully a few of these are announced:

Nick Cave
    PJ Harvey
    Soulwax
    Tribe Called Quest
    Jesca Hoop
    Steve Mason
    London Grammar
    Grandaddy

Electric Ireland: Betty Boo :D

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭roll

Don't think the lineup's going to blow me away, was hoping the likes of Orbital, Aphex Twin, Moderat & Air would be there.

Hopefully a few of these are announced:

Nick Cave
    PJ Harvey
    Soulwax
    Tribe Called Quest
    Jesca Hoop
    Steve Mason
    London Grammar
    Grandaddy

Electric Ireland: Betty Boo :D

If that was the FULL line up I'd be happy!!!!
    Saw soulwax for the first time last year and they completely exceeded my expectations!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Hope Frank & Walters are there, again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Very much looking forward to the line up announcement ... especially for the moaning on the FB page ... all the "who the fvck are Soulwax?". "Nick Cave and Grandaddy? Is this for old people?" . I love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Do we have an inkling of the release time for the accused and to be slated?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Very much looking forward to the line up announcement ... especially for the moaning on the FB page ... all the "who the fvck are Soulwax?". "Nick Cave and Grandaddy? Is this for old people?" . I love it!

Loads of people moaning about it last year when it was actually a bloody good lineup, the headliners weren't my thing but there was a lot of quality around all weekend.
    I'll probably have a moan when Ed Sheeren is announced though, can't stand him.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,731 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Poorside wrote: »
    Hope Frank & Walters are there, again.

And I hope the Sultans are there again!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

Loads of people moaning about it last year when it was actually a bloody good lineup, the headliners weren't my thing but there was a lot of quality around all weekend.

Wasn't.

Snarky Snark Snark

the headliners can be hit or miss, didn't give a toss about Chemical Bros but some were really surprising. Nobody saw the Lovely Lana coming (fnarr fnarr) and lots complained but she was bloody great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Wasn't.

It was actually, if you had eclectic taste or an open mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Got my tent in Halfords, Aventura 4 man tent with 4 sleeping bags, 4 camping mats and a storage bag for €84 euro.

They had the same tent, only with Halfords branding instead of Aventura, without bags/mats for 140. Asked about the price difference and they said it was this year's version of the tent.

My Halfords (Drogheda) only had 6 or so left so if anyone is looking a good deal pop in to a Halfords before they sell out!

I would pull an absolute freaker if they announced, but yeah.

First time going to EP, (Haven't been to a festival since Oxegen 2011), after years of my friends and I saying we'd go, this year we all finally agreed to go, don't have a clue what to expect from the line up!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

It'll definately be Eminem.

Snarky Snark Snark

showpony1 wrote: »

oasis-definitely-maybe.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

showpony1 wrote: »

He is way too mainstream for the Picnic I think, he can sell out to fairly large crowds, I also think Major Lazer is way too mainstream. If EP had any sense they would book Justice, they are dancey but also indie and have that rock appeal too. I don't know about a memorable retro act with a back catalogue of hits through the 1990s onwards, but EP have taken chances before with new dance acts such as Disclosure in 2013, so I hope for Justice as have never seen them and liked some of what I've heard.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Would Eminem not draw a bad enough crowd?

Snarky Snark Snark

He is way too mainstream for the Picnic I think, he can sell out to fairly large crowds, I also think Major Lazer is way too mainstream.

Mainstream has always been there at EP (Noel Gallagher is not exactly breaking new ground in avant gard music composed in conjunction with the LGBT Tibetan Monks for Trump of America), it's just mixed in with the rest of the fun, I would think him unlikely but not impossible.

Snarky Snark Snark

Wing126 wrote: »
    Would Eminem not draw a bad enough crowd?

Tickets are mostly sold, the crowd that's there is the crowd that's already bought tickets. Might get some of the more scoobier elements concentrated for a set of his but that's about it, fans of his are not likely to splash out on a weekends festival and travelling expenses just for him (well some might but not a lot).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,727 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

He is way too mainstream for the Picnic I think, he can sell out to fairly large crowds, I also think Major Lazer is way too mainstream. If EP had any sense they would book Justice, they are dancey but also indie and have that rock appeal too. I don't know about a memorable retro act with a back catalogue of hits through the 1990s onwards, but EP have taken chances before with new dance acts such as Disclosure in 2013, so I hope for Justice as have never seen them and liked some of what I've heard.

I dunno, the festival lineup has taken a sharp swerve towards the middle of the road in the last few years, not saying Eminem is particularly middle of the road but names that wouldn't have been in the frame for the festival in the past would be considered now.

Every year it seems to get a step closer to your classic Oxegen lineup.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 HolyMackerel

I dunno, the festival lineup has taken a sharp swerve towards the middle of the road in the last few years, not saying Eminem is particularly middle of the road but names that wouldn't have been in the frame for the festival in the past would be considered now.

Every year it seems to get a step closer to your classic Oxegen lineup.

That's the truth. I hope they don't go too overboard this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭PhuckHugh

Everyone is entitled to go to a festival, whether you think they are a scobe or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,662 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    stead wrote: »
    Don't see Eminem headlining but I can't help but entertain the thought. Glasgow Summer Sessions sold 35k tickets. What's EP's capacity, 50k+? I don't think size is what would rule him about, perhaps the style of the festival.

Size wouldn't but suitability plus fee would
    Would he be so different from Outkast, A Tribe Called Quest, Mos Def, Wu Tang? A higher fee for sure, but less than previously and EP can afford it. I'd be happy to see him there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Would he be so different from Outkast, A Tribe Called Quest, Mos Def, Wu Tang? A higher fee for sure, but less than previously and EP can afford it. I'd be happy to see him there.

Eminem is way more popular than the acts u mentioned there. There's no chance he's gonna be announced tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Oxegen had many faults, but the actual lineup was always infinitely better than EP.

Edit: just looking at the 2013 Oxegen lineup, that was rubbish, but in previous years it was phenomenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

I think you've a pole up your arse if you think Eminem is going to play

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Seathrun66 wrote: »

That's a pretty stupid comment tbf. Are you saying all hip hop is the same/ attracts the exact same crowd?
    Very few Tribe/Mos Def etc. fans would be enthused about Eminem playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

This is the worst pre-announcement discussion EVER!

Am definitely selling my ticket now.

Oxegen had many faults, but the actual lineup was always infinitely better than EP.

Edit: just looking at the 2013 Oxegen lineup, that was rubbish, but in previous years it was phenomenal.

I thought it was brilliant myself Bjork, Robert Plant, The Knife, David Byrne & St Vincent and loads more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

I thought it was brilliant myself, Bjork, Robert Plant, The Knife, David Byrne & St Vincent and loads more.

too hipster, needs more mainstream

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

I thought it was brilliant myself, Bjork, Robert Plant, The Knife, David Byrne & St Vincent and loads more.

That was Electric Picnic 2013

• Advertisement

That was Electric Picnic 2013

Ggggggggggthunnnnnnnnnnk! Silly me :o

Advertisement