Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Line up is out at 12.00pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Line up is out at 12.00pm.

Worst time for an announcement ever, I'm giving my tickets away, that's if anyone will take them...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,196 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Bit of an outsider but, the Who? Going to throw out Tom Petty again and some super star DJ, Afrojack, Deadmaus, Steve Aoki, Hardwell, Avicci, Harris or Guetta. Hopefully not chemicals wheeled out again.

Thought foster the people were great last time seen them at EP so putting them down as likely to be annouced tonight.

Any chance of Paul Weller? Would like to see Madness do the 4 o clock Sunday spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Was the Slane girl incident the last time Eminem played here? That's the kind of crowd, generally speaking, that I'd expect to be drawn by him being announced, rather than rap music aficionados. Not to say there weren't plenty of both there, but it's the same as Tupac, 50 cent, DMX etc., the legend of these guys as gangsters or whatever is far more vital than the music, whether they're good or not. It's why there's a rougher crowd expected at one of their gigs than at Tribe, De La Soul, Mos Def etc. gigs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭DisneyLover

Poorside wrote: »
    Any chance of Paul Weller? Would like to see Madness do the 4 o clock Sunday spot.

Wild Wood is one of my all time fave songs ❤️

Ah jazus you can hardly blame Slane girl on Dre and the gang. I think a lot of people would live to see a big rap act, Snoop, Dre or any rest of the legends.
    Beatboxers were great last year seen them twice there, think salty dog and trailer park on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭DisneyLover

Metallica, Tom Petty, The Killers, The 1975, The xx, Muse, Stone Roses, Frank Ocean, The Amazons plzzz ðŸ™ðŸ»

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

This thread doesn't normally descend into bull**** until AFTER the announcement so this was a pleasant surprise...

I don't see Eminem being likely. I just think his relative cost would rule him out in the grand scheme. Not that EP don't necessarily splurge but I don't expect this to be their splurge if they do so.

Last minute bets...

The xx, Justice, A Tribe Called Quest, PJ Harvey, Interpol (yeah, we know this one but sure...), Father John Misty, Band of Horses, Jesus & Mary Chain, Slowdive.

I know, nothing controversial there but I really dunno who or what else could show up given the large number of standalone gigs already scheduled this year.

Beyond the xx (and maybe Justice) I really don't know who will likely headline. Gun to head, I never would have guessed Lana del Ray last year and definitely did not expect Sam Smith that year either, so I'm preparing for one act to surprise me anyway.

Potential that Chance the Rapper or Frank Ocean may show up. The tour dates don't really sync up with their other events but they have no Irish shows lined up which is unusual and I feel like they'd be easier to divert for a one-off show in western Europe than, say, Muse or Foo Fighters due to the cost of shipping gear, etc.

Depeche Mode to headline main stage Saturday night, that's my last bet of the night.

• Advertisement

Friday,Mumford and Sons
    Sat. Radiohead
    Sun. RHCP

FACT.

Ah jazus you can hardly blame Slane girl on Dre and the gang. I think a lot of people would live to see a big rap act, Snoop, Dre or any rest of the legends.
    Beatboxers were great last year seen them twice there, think salty dog and trailer park on Sunday.

I'm not blaming them for it. I'm saying that crowd is drawn to their gigs, which they are. Eminem/Snoop/Dre etc. are not going to be mild gigs.

Poorside wrote: »
    Friday,Mumford and Sons
    Sat. Radiohead
    Sun. RHCP

FACT.

You left out Daft Punk and Prince.

Depeche Mode to headline main stage Saturday night, that's my last bet of the night.

Good shout if they're not playing anywhere in Ireland already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Depeche mode are in the states I think

Most of the tickets are gone and rest probably sell out in the morning so regardless of who's annouched your not going to see too many boyz in da hood there.

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    Depeche mode are in the states I think

They are but no gig on the 2nd that's why I'm thinking them, can't think of any other reason they've snubbed us on their tour.

They are but no gig on the 2nd that's why I'm thinking them, can't think of any other reason they've snubbed us on their tour.

They told me its because they don't like you.

Is it cause I'm black?

BadTurtle wrote: »
    You left out Daft Punk and Prince.

They're playing a Bowie tribute in Trenchtown at 12 on Sunday morning.

• Advertisement

They're not gonna travel from Cincinnati to stradbally to Toronto lol. Pity tho they would have been an excellent headliner.
    Very surprised they've no Irish date announced

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    They're not gonna travel from Cincinnati to stradbally to Toronto lol. Pity tho they would have been an excellent headliner.
    Very surprised they've no Irish date announced

It's not that mad.

It's not that mad.

Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭SachaJ

Hope they put King Kong Company in a bigger tent. Was a bit cramped last year....

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,343 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

SachaJ wrote: »
    Hope they put King Kong Company in a bigger tent. Was a bit cramped last year....

Awesome & squashy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭SachaJ

TherapyBoy wrote: »
    Awesome & squashy!

Highlight of EP 2016 for me.... Went to see LCD and thought KKC blew them away.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

gonna go with:
    The XX
    The Killers
    Kasabian
    Major Lazer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Why is everyone so sure that PJ Harvey is gonna show?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Why is everyone so sure that PJ Harvey is gonna show?

No one has a clue about anyone apart from Interpol.
    It's all guess work, based on who's touring round Europe at the time.

Some people are just listing bands they like.

The thoughts that any act will have a negative impact on the crowd is a wrong, as by the time of the announcement at noon, the vast majority of tickets will be gone.

Not long to wait now in any case.

Anyone know the best way to smuggle cans into the main arena?........

• Advertisement

There easy get in just stuff them in your top or pants, they seem more conceded with girls bags than anything.
    Actually scrap that just let a woman go infront of you.

Advertisement