Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

SachaJ wrote: »
    Hope they put King Kong Company in a bigger tent. Was a bit cramped last year....

I'm getting nothing off that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Gorillaz premiering new music tomorrow.

Everyone - get on board the hype train!

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭RastaRed

gonna go with:
    The XX
    The Killers
    Kasabian
    Major Lazer

The Killers!! please god no, never mind major lazer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Patti Smith is knocking around Europe towards the end of August, no Irish date.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,663 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Yes, I'm disagreeing with you and saying I believe that most fans of Tribe & Mos would be keen on Eminem.

Most definitely not.

Ask any hardcore hip hop fan, Tribe or Eminem? .. there will be no pause in the response.

Dr. Dre has a lot to answer for!
    It's not an either/or.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Gorillaz premiering new music tomorrow.

Everyone - get on board the hype train!

I'd absolutely love these to be added. Saw them in the o2 few years back they were excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

RastaRed wrote: »
    The Killers!! please god no, never mind major lazer
    they're the archetypal EP band. all of their european festivals are earlier in the summer though. I'm thinking Kasabian are more likely than them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,663 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Ah jazus you can hardly blame Slane girl on Dre and the gang. I think a lot of people would live to see a big rap act, Snoop, Dre or any rest of the legends.
    Beatboxers were great last year seen them twice there, think salty dog and trailer park on Sunday.

I'm not blaming them for it. I'm saying that crowd is drawn to their gigs, which they are. Eminem/Snoop/Dre etc. are not going to be mild gigs.
    Absolutely true if a standalone gig.
    But if Dennis Desmond isn't telling porkies then 80% of Picnic tickets are already gone and many more will go between 9 and 12 tomorrow morning. In the unlikely event of Eminem being announced there'd be relatively few tickets left after the announcement for fans of his anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Final predictions for tomorrow:

The XX - Kasabian - Frank Ocean - Major Lazer

Wouldn't be particularly happy with it but that's who I'm guessing. If I see Jamiroquai and Justice in there I'll be a happy camper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Anyone think stereophonics r possible? Not as a headliner but maybe similar slot to what likes of Noel g and manics have done recently?
    They're playing in U.K. Week b4 ep

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,404 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Really hope some/all of these are added;

London Grammar
    Royal blood
    Jamiroquai (Massive EP hole in the eu tour)
    Jon Hopkins
    Grimes
    STRFKR (Star ****er)
    Justice (would fit in perfectly)
    Courtney Barnet
    Royskopp

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

**** it, i've given up trying to predict who might or might not appear, i've me ticket, i'll be happy with what ever turns like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Be great if Despacio came back. I'm secretly hoping for LCD again. Unbelievable gig last year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,727 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Poorside wrote: »
    Patti Smith is knocking around Europe towards the end of August, no Irish date.

Yes please, she was phenomenal in Kilmainham a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭RastaRed

Synode wrote: »
    Be great if Despacio came back. I'm secretly hoping for LCD again. Unbelievable gig last year

didn't they say at the end of last years set that they would be back again next year??

• Registered Users Posts: 9 taro

RastaRed wrote: »
    didn't they say at the end of last years set that they would be back again next year??

Did they mean EP or Ireland though? I'd love another headline LCD gig

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭DanielSwords

Anyone know what price tickets are back on sale at tomorrow? Just curious, got mine on the loyalty scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭stead

Anyone know what price tickets are back on sale at tomorrow? Just curious, got mine on the loyalty scheme.

€240 or 3 instalments of €80 AFAIK.

412559.jpeg

I should add: got sent this suggesting it was a leak. I'm not claiming that, it's just what yer man said who put it in my whatsapp. I tend not to believe these things at all. Very good lineup all the same though. I hope the real one is that good

BOHtox wrote: »
    412559.jpeg

Source of this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

They've never put the main headliner day breakdowns on the initial posters have they?

A Tribe Called Quest despite their legacy are not saturday night headliners to boot.

stead wrote: »
    Source of this?

Sorry yeah just added that to the post. It's just something I was sent. Probably much ado about nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Never saw the days listed against names before.

Having said that, would be happy if that were the correct poster. Some good stuff in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,196 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I think it's a fake news just because of the logos at the bottom, you can't just change a sponsors logo to a plain colour.

I think it's a fake news just because of the logos at the bottom, you can't just change a sponsors logo to a plain colour.

electric-picnic-2016-poster.jpg
    They did last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭mgkelly

This seems to happen in recent years. There seem to be people who are sad enough to go to the bother of designing 'fake' EP posters! What is that all about?!

:'(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

They've never put the main headliner day breakdowns on the initial posters have they?

A Tribe Called Quest despite their legacy are not saturday night headliners to boot.

I'd have had them in the six / seven o clock friday evening main stage slot, Nas from last year

That said, there would be plenty in that list to keep me a happy boy.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

stead wrote: »
    electric-picnic-2016-poster.jpg
    They did last year.

Chems were on friday , LCD on saturday and Lana on sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Tago Mago

I'd have had them in the six / seven o clock friday evening main stage slot, Nas from last year

That said, there would be plenty in that list to keep me a happy boy.

I'd be shocked, and very excited to see remaining line-up, if Tribe Called Quest were not listed as headliners. Similar status to Outkast previously.

Without dredging up the Eminem argument again; it would seem against the ethos of EP to go big on a very commercial artist (nowadays) when there is so many up & coming critically acclaimed artists in the same genre doing the rounds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Hard to tell if that is real or not, always seems to be a fake poster popping up before the event but that one seems fairly realistic, guess we will see later on. Only thing I'd question is would the Pete Tong Ibiza classics really be that high up the poster?

Advertisement