Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭smeal

Hi guys! I'm sure its been answered on here somewhere before but can someone please help me in relation to the installment plan for buying tickets.. is this through Ticketmaster also?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

smeal wrote: »
    Hi guys! I'm sure its been answered on here somewhere before but can someone please help me in relation to the installment plan for buying tickets.. is this through Ticketmaster also?

Yes, it's handled through there with the card that's attached to your ticketbastard account.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭LowOdour

none of the those headliners do much for me to fairly good stuff elsewhere though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Would I be mad to wait until 10am to try for a ticket? On a bus to Cavan and by the time 9am comes around i reckon I will be in 'crap 3g coverage zone"

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭roll

Is it cause I'm black?

blek

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

gazzer wrote: »
    Would I be mad to wait until 10am to try for a ticket? On a bus to Cavan and by the time 9am comes around i reckon I will be in 'crap 3g coverage zone"

Try the Ticketmaster app. I've a better success rate getting tickets with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Paleblood

I'd just like to echo a previous post about how good the Oxegen line ups were, because there seems to be a misconception that it was all commercial pap. Loads of bands like Interpol and PJ Harvey, who people are crying out to play EP again. Oxegen was a great festival. It was of its time but we were bloody lucky to have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

gazzer wrote: »

If the reports in the Examiner were correct, they could be down to 10-11k tickets. That could easily go in an hour.
    That said, the prevailing wisdom in here, which despite being hotly contested every year is, that if you want to get a ticket the day before, you will get one at or near face value. A 55,000 event will always have people who need to cry off late in the day. There are also a lot of people like me, who buy on the early bird / loyalty scheme safe in the knowledge that there will be no bother selling at face value if we don't like the line up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Paleblood wrote: »
    I'd just like to echo a previous post about how good the Oxegen line ups were, because there seems to be a misconception that it was all commercial pap. Loads of bands like Interpol and PJ Harvey, who people are crying out to play EP again. Oxegen was a great festival. It was of its time but we were bloody lucky to have it.

The line up was generally up there with the best in Europe for Indie / Rock. It was generally good on dance too. Possibly missed out on the legacy stuff, but I think that they were initially popular with other bookers because they were cheap. Witness and Oxegen were amazing festivals

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

The first few Oxegens were ridiculously good. 04 had The Cure, Massive Attack, Chemical Brothers, The Strokes, Muse, Basement Jaxx, Orbital, Kings of Leon, NERD and Faithless, and the only reason the Darkness headlined was because Bowie was ill.
    06 had Arctic Monkeys, The Strokes, The Who and James Brown one after another on the main stage for the Saturday. That is just incredible booking.
    But festival lineups all over have taken a plunge in quality the last 6 or 7 years, bands headlining that haven't really earned the status. Too many festivals going after the same few acts, and the biggest acts generally refraining from playing them.

• Advertisement

The line up was generally up there with the best in Europe for Indie / Rock. It was generally good on dance too. Possibly missed out on the legacy stuff, but I think that they were initially popular with other bookers because they were cheap. Witness and Oxegen were amazing festivals

Dance/electronic was mostly my thing back then and I was always happy with the line-up in that regard. It took a speed wobble mid-decade when the whole indie-dance thing blew up but other than that it was very solid. It suffered from mostly shoving anything that resembled 'dance' together though. So you'd have LCD Soundsystem playing before a deep house DJ. As I said, very of its time. EP was a reaction to festivals like Oxegen. We wouldn't have one without the other

• Registered Users Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Haven't followed the build up at all, who is likely to play?

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Rocko

Sunday tickets gone already.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Weekend tickets gone now too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Have 2 in my basket, can't understand this selling out with no line up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

That's crazy. 55k tickets gone without a single band announced

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

If true, this is the first time for this festival that this has happened.

I guess the organisers could have foreseen that judging by the ticket numbers remaining. I only hope that such knowledge does not impact negatively on act selection.

We will soon know.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

Strangely enough, after 11 picnics, I'm not bothered at not getting tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

When is the lineup announced?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭stead

mutley18 wrote: »
    When is the lineup announced?

12 this afternoon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Weekend tickets gone now too!!

Ah what?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

Completely forgot they were going on sale and at 9.08am checked and they were gone!

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭strawberryb0y

If that rumored lineup is true there'll be a load going second hand

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

it seems that plenty of people who bought their tickets this morning can't make it now ... Seatwave.

412561.png

/s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

I'll be fairly disappointed if that's the lineup. Hopefully it's fake

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

If that rumored lineup is true there'll be a load going second hand

Whats the rumored lineup?

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Do you think that that was the last round of tickets, or that more will be relaeased

I normally dislike 'back in the day' stories (so this is my last one) but I really miss the old Bacardi Bar from Oxegen. Back then it was just a bar-tent with DJs playing nothing but soulful house. That genre of music has never really been in or out of fashion in this part of the world. It's a predominantly American style of music with little foothold in Europe. So it was an odd choice for such a loud, mainstream festival, but it contrasted beautifully against the dominant strains of house and techno that you found in the dedicated dance tent back then, not to mention the balls out rock n roll on the main stage.

The current Bacardi Bar is well built, great craic and very well curated, for the most part. But it pretty much sounds like all of the mini bars that are pumping out house music around the site. Even the music in the woods last year had that inoffensive deep house/edits vibe. I long for a Bacardi Bar that truly stands out!

Anyway, that's enough old-man talk for one morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

The line-up poster posted early is obviously fake...no Major Laser on it.

Didn't get a ticket this morning but not worried, was actually annoyed last year when i paid €250 and saw them going for €150 everywhere closer the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Swarlez

theyre still popping up on the app, keep trying and you probably will get a few

Advertisement