Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Gal44

Didn't get tickets ☹️☹️☹️☹️

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Synode wrote: »
    I'll be fairly disappointed if that's the lineup. Hopefully it's fake

Actually it must be fake, Le Galaxie aren't on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Paleblood wrote: »
    I normally dislike 'back in the day' stories (so this is my last one) but I really miss the old Bacardi Bar from Oxegen. Back then it was just a bar-tent with DJs playing nothing but soulful house. That genre of music has never really been in or out of fashion in this part of the world. It's a predominantly American style of music with little foothold in Europe. So it was an odd choice for such a loud, mainstream festival, but it contrasted beautifully against the dominant strains of house and techno that you found in the dedicated dance tent back then, not to mention the balls out rock n roll on the main stage.

The current Bacardi Bar is well built, great craic and very well curated, for the most part. But it pretty much sounds like all of the mini bars that are pumping out house music around the site. Even the music in the woods last year had that inoffensive deep house/edits vibe. I long for a Bacardi Bar that truly stands out!

Anyway, that's enough old-man talk for one morning.

Back in my day...

Oxegen DID have a lot going for it. I saw some great gigs and a looot of great bands over 2 festivals. Kings of Leon, Interpol, Editors, REM, the Verve, the Raconteurs and RATM all at '08, an early career gig from MGMT where the tent was bursting at the seams, etc.

Even other acts that I almost forgot that I have seen - Vampire Weekend, Dirty Projectors, bands that I would give my right arm to see now.

The major downfall that Oxegen had was that there was literally nothing to do other than music. No craft areas, no quirky things to explore and, as such, it attracted a very limited audience - people who were happy enough to drink and listen to music, drink some more.

That's not a criticism as I did it myself too, but EP certainly opened up a whole new world for me in terms of what I expect from a festival. It has a great atmosphere, character, etc whereas Oxegen could have been anywhere. There wasn't anything unique. That's not to say I didn't enjoy it (my first one especially) but I don't miss it either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

Swarlez wrote: »
    theyre still popping up on the app, keep trying and you probably will get a few

That's for the heads up. After about 5 minutes of constant refreshing I got mine just there at 9.45!! There are still a few left by the looks of things!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭briandebum

Just got mine there after a half hour of refreshing, just gotta be persistent!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

I just got one there,keep trying folks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Please, nobody panic and buy off sh1tewave, or anywhere else at inflated prices.

You will get tickets if you're patient, at face value...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,733 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Any else bricking it - waiting for the announcement? Seriously! Stomach is all over the place and I've no idea why! I will have a fantastic time no matter who is playing... I guess its like Christmas in the morning waiting to see what presents you got :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,313 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Just curious as to why people here paid 250 euro for tickets to this before the lineup was announced?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,733 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Just curious as to why people here paid 250 euro for tickets to this before the lineup was announced?

Because I've been to about 8 of them now, and no matter who are playing, you will find a new band, or an act, or a comedian or something that will entertain you while there with all your mates. Simple really

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Tago Mago

Got there just now after an hour filling in damn security checks & refreshing. Had to go full price n'all which wasn't my intention but **** it own fault for letting it slide at earlier intervals. Roll on the announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭roll

coz its a greatweekend no matter what the line up!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I got my tickets last September :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

It's an annual pilgrimage at this stage. I wouldn't miss it for the world as it is such a magical weekend regardless of the line-up, will always find a few acts you will stumble upon who blow you away.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Forgot that the tickets went on sale, folks were looking for 2 Sunday tickets, ah sure theres always afew more released along the way, dont worry folks, keep trying over the next few weeks and months, more tickets are eventually released...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Suppose there's people that will go anyway regardless of line up. People that will sell on their ticket if they don't like the line up. And touts. Does seem a bit mad though. Not sure why they couldn't just announce the line up earlier or wait til later to sell tickets when line up was out. Suppose the uncertainty was there way of creating more demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,664 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

I'm probably gullible, but that earlier (fake or not) line-up poster looked to have a very realistic set of acts. I'd be happy with Father John Misty, Tribe Called Quest, Phoenix, Chaka Khan & a few other goodies. If wrong then please let the true line-up be as good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Paleblood

I've been going to festivals for nearly 20 years and the line ups are always a secondary concern. I love music festivals and having a good time with my mates. Money well spent irrespective of the line up.

Just look at Glastonbury. It's sold out each year before a single act is announced. EP isn't exactly Glasto but it's the closest thing we have in Ireland right now.

€250 is an absolute steal for 3 days at a festival. Radiohead cost me nearly €100!

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Gal44

Got tickets there!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,313 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Interesting replies!

It's a pity you couldn't restrain yourselves a little, you've enabled to organizers to not have to add any acts to sell remaining tickets down the line.

Enjoy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

If you have not getten any tickets, keep trying, apparently there's tickets left.

Korvanica wrote: »
    If you have not getten any tickets, keep trying, apparently there's tickets left.

Strange that all the main news sites have said EP is completely sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Paddy2012

Interesting replies!

It's a pity you couldn't restrain yourselves a little, you've enabled to organizers to not have to add any acts to sell remaining tickets down the line.

Enjoy!

I think the festival would still need to deliver a decent lineup/experience or future demand will go down

Interesting replies!

Enjoy!

All the acts for EP have already been booked months ago. The organisers over the past couple of years haven't struggled to sell tickets down the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Strange that all the main news sites have said EP is completely sold out.

EP themselves haven't come out and said it yet though. Main news sites probably think "Oh it's not available, nobody is gonna give up a ticket" and mark it sold out. I managed to get two at 9 and then another two a few minutes ago for friends who couldn't. So it's down to people not buying their tickets on time and then them getting re-released.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Update to my main hopes for later:
    A Tribe Called Quest
    The XX
    PJ Harvey
    Hessle Audio (long shot?)
    Danny Brown
    Gorillaz
    Run The Jewels
    Mogwai

5 of these would be a major success

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Stone Roses pls

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Interesting replies!

Enjoy!

Or maybe we've given the organisers enough cash to book bigger acts.

I always do enjoy it, finding the lesser known acts that blow you away are most of my best memories from EP, and seeing Hozier in a tent with a couple of hundred people will not be forgotten.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

I think many people will tell you EP is not about the acts, it's the atmosphere and the people. I bought my ticket early because I'll go regardless of the line-up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

I got my tickets last September :cool:

I don't **** around. The tickets went on sale on Sept 9th at 9AM. This is the mail header from last september

Received: by 10.80.164.87 with SMTP id v23csp98155edb;
    Fri, 9 Sep 2016 01:01:50 -0700 (PDT)

Created on: 9 September 2016 at 09:01 (Delivered after 1 seconds)
    To: ScruffMonkey
    Subject: Ticket Confirmation

Advertisement