Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

I don't **** around. The tickets went on sale on Sept 9th at 9AM. This is the mail header from last september

Received: by 10.80.164.87 with SMTP id v23csp98155edb;
    Fri, 9 Sep 2016 01:01:50 -0700 (PDT)

Created on: 9 September 2016 at 09:01 (Delivered after 1 seconds)
    To: ScruffMonkey
    Subject: Ticket Confirmation

Scruff is a bot!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I don't **** around. The tickets went on sale on Sept 9th at 9AM. This is the mail header from last september

You beat me! I was 9.45am on the 9th.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Scruff is a bot!

A sexy bot

• Registered Users Posts: 19,733 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

9th of the 9th for me.

A johnny come lately motherf*cker clearly :D

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭briandebum

Heres some scary foreshadowing from Jim Carroll on twitter to get you hyped:
    'And if you think people are fuming right now about @EPfestival, wait till they see the line-up. Chuckle'

https://twitter.com/byjimcarroll/status/844858039983210497

• Advertisement

briandebum wrote: »
    'And if you think people are fuming right now about @EPfestival, wait till they see the line-up. Chuckle'

200.webp#0

Snarky Snark Snark

Duran Duran FTW!

(i'd actually quite like to see them (i am a shame))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Ah, Jim Carroll was banging the same drum last year. Line-up not good enough, early sell-out is no incentive to add big acts, Live Nation is the Great Satan of our times, etc, etc. It is what it is Jim.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

I would take that to mean he reckons the line-up is good.

As in... People are annoyed it's sold out, wait til they see the incredible line up they're missing

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

I've seen a line up not 100 % that it's legit , the xx , a tribe called quest , Duran Duran , Interpol , Phoenix , madness , run the jewels, father john misty , London grammar , band of horses

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

BananaRama
    Bucks Fizz
    Celine Dion

Euphoria Breakdown CD as Saturday night dance act.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

peteeeed wrote: »
    I've seen a line up not 100 % that it's legit , the xx , a tribe called quest , Duran Duran , Interpol , Phoenix , madness , run the jewels, father john misty , London grammar , band of horses

An apparently leaked poster was posted a couple of pages back

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Ah, Jim Carroll was banging the same drum last year. Line-up not good enough, early sell-out is no incentive to add big acts, Live Nation is the Great Satan of our times, etc, etc. It is what it is Jim.
    yep, he's said that about a few festivals over the last few years, definitely said it about EP last year. he's getting more and more irrelevant and off-the-mark with his predictions/opinions lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Strange that all the main news sites have said EP is completely sold out.

That's Sunday tickets i believe. Looking at the EPFestival twitter they've only confirmed the Sunday tickets are gone.

Here's the response you get for weekend tickets.

"Sorry, no tickets from venue currently...
    Many fans are shopping and some may have let their tickets go. You can try again or change quantity or ticket type."

Ive also heard from someone in the know.

Snarky Snark Snark

BadTurtle wrote: »
    BananaRama

Played last year
    Celine Dion

ooooh, shexy widow alert and i've a two man tent... just sayin

Euphoria Breakdown CD

i've an orrible feeling I actually have a 2xCD ministry of sound compilation called that (it was cheap and had 1 track i like, i have no shame)

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Paddy2012

I'm with him on Live Nation to be honest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Paleblood

Interesting replies!

It's a pity you couldn't restrain yourselves a little, you've enabled to organizers to not have to add any acts to sell remaining tickets down the line.

Enjoy!

I hear that line trotted out occasionally and it makes no sense.

The Electric Picnic 'brand' is 14 years old and it has never been bigger or more popular. It has sold out for the past few years due to massive hype and media attention. The second allocation of tickets were snapped up last year within 1 week, despite what many people (not me) considered a lacklustre first announcement.

You're effectively suggesting that the promoters might be strong-armed into making more significant bookings if the final allocation of tickets, amounting to maybe 20-25% of the total attendance, weren't greedily swallowed up in March, for a festival taking place in September.

Do you honestly think the promoter is that short-sighted, or has such little faith in a demonstrably attractive 'product'?

You're talking out of your hat.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

All gone now, confirmed on their Twitter page

Snarky Snark Snark

Right, it's 12 O'Clock Mother.****.ers, where's the list

oh ****, I'm in stuttgart, it's only 12 here...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,727 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Are they streaming the announcement like Body and Soul did or is it on some radio station or something?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

That's Jim Carroll's thing though.

"EP is awful". Next year, he'll extend it to Body & Soul and go from there...

He also claimed last year to have seen a different line-up to the one that was published, fuelling the Radiohead rumours that led to nothing. He may have seen the line-up for this year (and regardless of who is on it, it will be followed by outrage from someone so he's technically right...) but there's good reason to doubt how concrete his sources are on the back of that alone.

He was also adamant that Frank Ocean was headlining Longitude and that didn't happen either so...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Mr.S wrote: »
    Also worth mentioning that tickets (weekend / Sunday) are always released further down the line, even if EP are saying it's sold out.

Don't cave to touts and buy tickets for 350+, you will always, always, ALWAYS get a ticket for EP for cost.

Yep, i second that, a few mates of mine in the last 2 years, got weekend and sunday tickets, running up to the festival, so it is worth checking back on ticketmaster, a few tickets do manage to make their way back onto the site..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Paleblood

i've an orrible feeling I actually have a 2xCD ministry of sound compilation called that (it was cheap and had 1 track i like, i have no shame)

I have no shame about all of the Euphoria, Lisa Lashes and Tidy Tracks CDs I bought (and still have in my attic)!

They were my first introduction to DJs, in particular different DJs having a different 'sound', the concepts of editing and remixing, the role of a record label, 'white labels', acetates, etc.

I'm sure there's a generation out there that were introduced to dance music via their older brother's carefully curated selection of Kompakt and M_nus vinyls. But for guys like me, who grew up with long-haired brothers listening to Megadeth and Iron Maiden, those tacky, day-glo double-CD mixes opened up a whole new world.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Fago123

Guys let's not go overboard with the whole "the lineup is almost irrelevant, its the atmosphere and craic that makes it etc".  I thought last years lineup was very poor across the board, worst by a mile in years.  Does that mean I had a rubbish time and couldn't wait to leave? Absolutely not!  But would I have preferred if I was spoilt for choice about who to go see throughout the weekend? Absolutely!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Tickets already €400 on Seatwave, Jesus.

I'm not going this year but that seriously pisses me off :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Jimmy C is a dry bastard lads.

I wouldve thought his anti-U2 schtick wouldve been right up this forum's strasse. Yet he's getting lorra heat on 'ere for knockin EP line ups and ticket prices. Cmon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Tickets already €400 on Seatwave, Jesus.

This only becomes a problem if people are stupid enough to pay it.

Snarky Snark Snark

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Fago123 wrote: »
    Guys let's not go overboard with the whole "the lineup is almost irrelevant, its the atmosphere and craic that makes it etc".  I thought last years lineup was very poor across the board, worst by a mile in years.  Does that mean I had a rubbish time and couldn't wait to leave? Absolutely not!  But would I have preferred if I was spoilt for choice about who to go see throughout the weekend? Absolutely!

I do love festivals where i know feck all acts though. Something about wandering around, checking stuff out not needing to be anywhere at any particular time is so so good.

Few years there was loads I wanted to see and it was fairly hectic.

Saying that, when the lineup is announced ill be checking every bans out and making a few notes on who i wanna see.

• Advertisement

Fago123 wrote: »

honestly - I was spoiled for choice. Was down seeing bands from 1pm on Sat and around 3 on Sunday

Advertisement