Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Paleblood

Mr.S wrote: »
    Tickets already €400 on Seatwave, Jesus.

Imagine how much they're gonna be when Radiohead and Miles Davis are announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Mr.S wrote: »
    Also worth mentioning that tickets (weekend / Sunday) are always released further down the line, even if EP are saying it's sold out.

Don't cave to touts and buy tickets for 350+, you will always, always, ALWAYS get a ticket for EP for cost.

I the days when promotors and ticketmaster wanted to curb touts they used do that , but since they are now the touts themselves with seatwave they don't do it anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

Paleblood wrote: »
    I have no shame about all of the Euphoria, Lisa Lashes and Tidy Tracks CDs I bought (and still have in my attic)!

They were my first introduction to DJs, in particular different DJs having a different 'sound', the concepts of editing and remixing, the role of a record label, 'white labels', acetates, etc.

Same! I still listen to Lisa Lashes Extreme Euphoria tracks from time to time. Brings me right back to the early to mid noughties.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Looks like anyone on Three can get a chance to get a ticket at a later date:

''All tickets for Electric Picnic 2017 are now sold out apart from a limited number of tickets available to Three customers. Three customers will once again have the chance to purchase the last available tickets to the festival through its dedicated customer rewards programme, 3Plus. Stay tuned to their Facebook page or Twitter for more details coming soon.''

Can see anyone who missed out and not on Three already picking up a free sim..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,732 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Fago123 wrote: »
    Guys let's not go overboard with the whole "the lineup is almost irrelevant, its the atmosphere and craic that makes it etc".  I thought last years lineup was very poor across the board, worst by a mile in years.  Does that mean I had a rubbish time and couldn't wait to leave? Absolutely not!  But would I have preferred if I was spoilt for choice about who to go see throughout the weekend? Absolutely!
    Paleblood wrote: »
    Imagine how much they're gonna be when Radiohead and Miles Davis are announced.

Not to mention the 3D hologram Prince set!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Didn't 3 do that last year too and it was a shambles. Only a handful of tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭glencurtis252

Is the release on any radio stations or rte or anything??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,727 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

That poster posted last night is obviously wrong as it doesn't have The KLF on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭BananaR

Anyone who thinks last year's line-up was OK. I urge to look back through the previous line-ups right back along to the start. There is no comparison in terms of the quantity of quality well known acts....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Synode wrote: »
    Didn't 3 do that last year too and it was a shambles. Only a handful of tickets

Actually yeah, had a look there last year apparently it was only 50 tickets!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

BananaR wrote: »
    Anyone who thinks last year's line-up was OK. I urge to look back through the previous line-ups right back along to the start. There is no comparison in terms of the quantity of quality well known acts....

Agree. While I didn't think last year was necessarily a bad lineup it was lower in comparisons to other years. Last year seemed to b poor overall for festival lineups though but plenty of acts around this year and available so here's hoping.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Peesh89

That poster posted last night is obviously wrong as it doesn't have The KLF on it.

Think I'd drop dead and fly to mu mu land in the icecream van if that happened..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Eod100 wrote: »
    Can see anyone who missed out and not on Three already picking up a free sim..

Three don't do free sims!

They seem to be holding the announcement in a grow house.

https://twitter.com/LaurenceMackin/status/844874208966561793

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭stead

stead wrote: »

Confirmed as fake.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

stead wrote: »

Looks like the same graphics anyway. I'd be confident it's real now.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Evil Sausage

Confirmed as fake.

Doesnt seem to be the case

https://twitter.com/KenSweeney/status/844875328816320513

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Crap it sounds legit, not great at all. Anyway, I'm sure I'll find enough to keep me busy

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭glencurtis252

Is the release on TV or radio anywhere??

• Advertisement

Today FM have just announced Tribe Called Quest, The XX, Interpol, Run the Jewels etc

Seems the poster was right!

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Evil Sausage

• Registered Users Posts: 19,732 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Synode wrote: »
    Crap it sounds legit, not great at all. Anyway, I'm sure I'll find enough to keep me busy

my feelings exactly. I'm sure the line up will be beefed up in time..

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭DisneyLover

2012.. The Cure, The XX, Hot Chip, The Killers, Ed Sheeran, The Vaccines ..

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭BananaR

Lads that's not great AT All!!

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Quintis

Wow that's underwhelming at best, worst lineup I can recall

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭MIRMIR82

17498958_1013391058763120_1932421278545684895_n.jpg?oh=b386108113793bded0810d12d78f2b3d&oe=5963C450

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Ah FFS did they take Phoenix off the leaked lineup??

They've listed the XX, Tribe & Duran Duran as headliners so no more Radiohead talk!

A couple of nuggets in there, we did get Soulwax

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,313 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Dirt, but it's not about the line up

Advertisement