Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Awful Line up

I've not missed many years but I'll probably give this one a skip

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

Happy With Divine Comedy, Run the Jewels, Madness - will be a good weekend with no big expectations

• Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Delighted with that!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

They've listed the XX, Tribe & Duran Duran as headliners so no more Radiohead talk!

A couple of nuggets in there, we did get Soulwax

Subheadliners , get it right , plenty of time for Radiohead to headline :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Soulwax. Thanks be to jaysus. It was looking very light on dance stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Very poor headliners in fairness. Undercard solid already though

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭roll

quite happy with that!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Duran Duran as headliners? WTF? That line up is p1ss poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

solid undercard, run the jewels, father john misty, young fathers, michael kiwanuka stand out for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

I'm usually a line-up critic but go anyway and have great time and discover new bands nearer time on spotify. but this is first time there literally isn't one act i want to see on the entire line-up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,727 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭PhuckHugh

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭roll

the phoenix/soulwax thing is a bit odd.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Have to say I'm fairly underwhelmed at that lineup

showpony1 wrote: »
    I'm usually a line-up critic but go anyway and have great time and discover new bands nearer time on spotify. but this is first time there literally isn't one act i want to see on the entire line-up!

I would have had you pegged as a Chaka Khan fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭BananaR

So are Phoenix on or off?
    . . Future of festival rests on this!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭stead

I'm fairly satisfied with that lineup. More hiphop than I expected, which is good. How many more acts are added after the initial announcement? Are they just tiny local bands to fill up stages?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

First 3 lines under the headline acts are brilliant in my opinion, and there'll be plenty more added, happy out with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭MojoRisinnnn

Not a great lineup at all, London Grammar and the XX would be cool but wouldn't get me down. When the festival sells out before even once act is announced there is very little incentive for MCD to try and push the boat out in terms of signing world renowned acts or anything too diverse. I'll be giving this a serious miss but if you're going enjoy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭nc6000

This will be my first Electric Picnic. I only recognise about four names on that line-up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Paleblood

BananaR wrote: »
    Anyone who thinks last year's line-up was OK. I urge to look back through the previous line-ups right back along to the start. There is no comparison in terms of the quantity of quality well known acts....

If the criteria is 'well known acts' then I think that's very fair. I think it's possible to leave aside the actual merits of the line-ups and just state quite objectively that more 'big names' have played their previously.

I don't think that makes it better or worse, just different. But then again the festival is on the go since 2004. It's grown in size and it's being run by a different promoter. The only thing that's the same is the location and the name.

And I say all of that without criticism. I've seen plenty of festivals change over the years, to the point where I had to stop going. EP keeps inviting me back each year, despite how much it's changed. For me that says a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭MS291988

are they actually the headline acts????? THE XX yes but surely not the other two :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭PhuckHugh

Mr.S wrote: »
    One or two acts I'd see but nothing amazing.

Looking at a handful of mainland European festivals you can see most of the lineup + better for cheaper.

Very meh lineup. Still lots to come, but meh.

For the cost of the whole weekend it's shockingly poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭kellso81

I was so excited when I seen phoenix, feel disappointed now even tho I think that's decent enough

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Is the release on TV or radio anywhere??

Actually TV on the Radio would be a nice one too.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

stead wrote: »
    I'm fairly satisfied with that lineup. More hiphop than I expected, which is good. How many more acts are added after the initial announcement? Are they just tiny local bands to fill up stages?

Loads more will be announced, and won't all be Johnny and his guitar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

They've listed the XX, Tribe & Duran Duran as headliners so no more Radiohead talk!

A couple of nuggets in there, we did get Soulwax

I'm sure a certain somebody will be in to say that those three aren't big enough and there's room for one more super headliner: RADIOHEAD.

People trying to flog tickets for €400 on Seatwave disappointed with that announcement i bet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,733 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

OhHiMark wrote: »
    I'm sure a certain somebody will be in to say that those three aren't big enough and there's room for one more super headliner: RADIOHEAD.

Radiohead - Friday
    Daft Punk - Saturday
    Aphex Twin - Sunday

Advertisement