Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,727 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Poorside wrote: »
    Loads more will be announced, and won't all be Johnny and his guitar.

Johnny Marr would be excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭windowcleaner

Looks like Jim Carroll was right after all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Phantogram are good. I'd like to see them. I'm not going though so I won't.

Although their new album isn't as good as the first two actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

Is that true that the xx are to fill the Friday night slot? I'd like to see them but am disappointed there's no dance act for the main stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Mr.S wrote: »

Looking at a handful of mainland European festivals you can see most of the lineup + better for cheaper.

I think that was always the case with most festivals compared to Ireland's tho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭MS291988

the one Fxxking year i buy a early ticket RAGIN!

of the 4/5 ive gone to in the last number of years surely the worst line up

dont know how they can pull it out of the bag

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

MS291988 wrote: »
    the one Fxxking year i buy a early ticket RAGIN!

of the 4/5 ive gone to in the last number of years surely the worst line up

dont know how they can pull it out of the bag

Its sold out, so they don't need too

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭strawberryb0y

Ill happily take a ticket from anyone who doesn't want to go.
    Great lineup imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Johnny Marr would be excellent.

He was clearly talking about Johnny Greenwood. I mean, Radiohead MUST be playing, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,733 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

calm-your-tits.jpg

This is the 1st wave of acts. There are always those that freak out at this stage. Let the rest of the acts be announced before calling it the worst line up ever.

Or alternatively, offload your tickets now. You won't lose money.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,625 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

none of the headliners attract me at all.
    A tribe called quest are sonically good craic, but probably one of the worst headliners ever.

Glad about Band of horses (didnt get to see them last month) and divine comedy..

will probably catch pretenders, madness (who always put a good show on played EP before iirc), michael kiwanuka, young fathers.

enough for the pill heads in there with pete tong and RTJ

very disappointed overhead the albatross and RSAG arent in there.

all in all a pi$$poor line up, im really expecting bigger names to be announced

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

The cynic in me says that Phoenix were booked, but once the festival was selling out, EP started cancelling some bigger undercards to get some money back...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Eod100 wrote: »
    I think that was always the case with most festivals compared to Ireland's tho.

Rock Werchter looks soooo tempting now!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Are A Tribe Called Quest going to play the late night Saturday slot on the main stage. Can't see that working at all. Which means there's a really big hole there to be filled

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

A Tribe Called Quest is a great booking IMO. The xx are solid too.

Undercard is brilliant though i must say.

Father John Misty, Car Seat Headrest, Young Fathers, Interpol, Run the Jewels, London Grammar, Band of Horses, Perfume Genius, Real Estate...

That's a solid weekend right there.

Ah well - I didn't buy a ticket so i don't know why I'm even interested!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

Well, it's not a bad line up, I guess people will give out (check out all the young ones on facebook going mental its brilliant) but I wouldnt be holding my breath for another big announcement - last year everyone held on for that last announcement and in the end I think the biggest name on it was Bellx1

No jamiroquai though :(

Really thought that would happen

Anyway, I will certainly enjoy it, half the fun of the place is finding random acts to watch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

The headliners are weak, but below them it's a great lineup

Just for context, here's the second wave of acts that were announced in June last year:
    http://www.electricpicnic.ie/news/more-acts-announced-electric-picnic-2016

If we got another announcement of a similar calibre this year, I'd be very happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Interpol need to **** off

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Nugget89

Rock Werchter looks soooo tempting now!!!!

Weekend tickets sold out a few days back

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

MattD wrote: »
    The cynic in me says that Phoenix were booked, but once the festival was selling out, EP started cancelling some bigger undercards to get some money back...

I agree. Very disappointed. It's the band I was most looking forward to from the leak.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

MattD wrote: »

Far more likely is that they rejigged it so that they can have some relatively decent names to headline future announcements.

It's not uncommon at any festival - acts are all booked well in advance, a lot of fees are paid up and tour schedules organised around it so they'd still have to shell out a good bit in cancellation fees.

Plus, anyone that thinks Festival Republic started ringing around cancelling acts this morning after tickets started to sell is a f*cking moron :p

But they probably decided to re-work the initial tranche of acts so that announcements #2 and #3 can have a decent name or two on the top line.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,548 ✭✭✭✭siblers

everlast75 wrote: »
    calm-your-tits.jpg

This is the 1st wave of acts. There are always those that freak out at this stage. Let the rest of the acts be announced before calling it the worst line up ever.

People say that all the time but from my own experience/taste, the initial announcement is usually the best, last 3 E.Ps..bands that were added later to the line up were nothing to get excited about

• Registered Users Posts: 14,313 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Interesting replies!

It's a pity you couldn't restrain yourselves a little, you've enabled to organizers to not have to add any acts to sell remaining tickets down the line.

Enjoy!

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Nation 98

Awful

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭briandebum

Happy enough with that lineup, undercard already pretty strong, especially looking forward to vince staples, john misty and run the jewels.

However when you compare the line up to say Rock Werchter, which is 4 day festival for the same price. Which (in my eyes) has a very strong lineup of headliners. You just wonder where the money goes?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    Very poor headliners in fairness. Undercard solid already though

yep, I'd have expected bigger headliners, but xx/Tribe are great, and underneath is good too.

The xx
    A Tribe Called Quest
    Pete Tong's thing
    Interpol
    Run the Jewels
    Father John Misty
    London Grammar
    Band of Horses
    Soulwax
    Floating Points
    Kiasmos
    Vince Staples
    Mano Le Tough
    Young Fathers
    Car Seat Headrest
    Japandroids
    Real Estate

loads to keep me entertained, before the other announcements.

everlast75 wrote: »
    calm-your-tits.jpg

Poster clearly says complete line up

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭stead

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

It's going to be a sell out regardless of if the tickets are bought in January or August. They know this.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

sydthebeat wrote: »
    none of the headliners attract me at all.
    A tribe called quest are sonically good craic, but probably one of the worst headliners ever.

Glad about Band of horses (didnt get to see them last month) and divine comedy..

will probably catch pretenders, madness (who always put a good show on played EP before iirc), michael kiwanuka, young fathers.

enough for the pill heads in there with pete tong and RTJ

very disappointed overhead the albatross and RSAG arent in there.

all in all a pi$$poor line up, im really expecting bigger names to be announced

They will be most certainly be there, always playing the smaller festival stages.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement

stead wrote: »
    It's going to be a sell out regardless of if the tickets are bought in January or August. They know this.

Yeah, we're shooting ourselves in the foot.

Advertisement