Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭leakyboots

It's a crap line up

For comparison see what roughly the same price gets you in lollapalooza this year

https://www.lollapalooza.com/lineup/

I'm being genuine here, but there's max. 5 names I'd like to see on your link.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Qs

Headliners are announced, says it in black and white at the end of the poster

Headliners of what stage though?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,313 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Qs wrote: »
    Headliners of what stage though?

They will all be main stage headliners, The XX headlining every festival going this summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

MJohnston wrote: »
    The XXs latest album is perfect headliner material.

hope im wrong and your right but having seen them a few times think outdoors isnt for them

They will all be main stage headliners, The XX headlining every festival going this summer.

I guess we'll have to wait and see. Still room for one more though considering theres usually 2 that could be considered a headliner on Saturday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Wonder is there any chance left for Royal Blood to be one of the later announcements. Would love to see them!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,727 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Hahahah that is ****ing pathetic im glad all you ***** bought your tickets before they unzipped their trousers and took a massive **** on all your faces.
    Only a 14 year old feminist vegan with green hair would be impressed by that ****ty lineup. Your not a 14 year old feminist vegan with green hair are you?.
    Who are these bands ?
    are half of these not dead?
    It's all gone Pete tong
    Load of bolox what a ****e line up , load of balls!
    O M G the line up is awful...I literally dont know one single act...

Facebook not liking it one bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

I think there is a dearth of headline acts touring this summer. For what it's worth I fully expect another big announcement to pad out the top end of bill. Kasabian for example and maybe 1 other band of similar stature. I'm hoping the focus is on a stronger lineup overall. If the likes of Little Dragon, Goldfrapp, Leftfield, Royksopp, Phoenix etc were added to the lineup aswell I think it would very well balanced.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,733 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Facebook not liking it one bit.

same f**kers on every year I'd imagine...

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭glencurtis252

Mr.S wrote:
    The only thing keeping EP going is Body&Soul, I wouldn't be surprised if they pull out in the next 1-3 years.

Pull out?? It's more popular now more than ever!!

• Advertisement

I think there is a dearth of headline acts touring this summer. For what it's worth I fully expect another big announcement to pad out the top end of bill. Kasabian for example and maybe 1 other band of similar stature. I'm hoping the focus is on a stronger lineup overall. If the likes of Little Dragon, Goldfrapp, Leftfield, Royksopp, Phoenix etc were added to the lineup aswell I think it would very well balanced.

Yes, yes, yes, yes and yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bootsy.

Poorside wrote: »
    The more I look at it the happier I am, this just killed off the Oxygenation of EP.

"Pete Thong presents Ibiza Classics", yeah, sure.

The facebook comments are the same every single year, no matter how strong or weak the lineup.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

the facebook comments are brillaint its worth reading them

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Sure didnt they say last year that Sam Smith was also a headliner and Beck few years ago but they both played second last on the main stage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

I like the xx. Decent tunes. But there's no way they'd hold my interest at a gig like EP. Unless they're live show is completely different

Mr.S wrote: »
    Because the festival sells out before any lineup is announced at all!

With their own festival getting bigger and bigger, and EP getting progressively worse, it wouldn't shock me if we see a EP without B&S soon.

B&S + EP fitted perfectly when the festival was "boutique" now I'm not so sure.

They've so much built into that area though. Seems like it would hurt them more than EP. Be any number of people willing to take over running that area.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

I love reading the facebook comments ... hilarious.

Also, people should bear in mind that even though a band might be called headliner, that does not mean that they will be last act on the main stage on that day.

Would not be surprised if 2manydjs are announced to play the late slot on the Saturday. You know ... so saturday could close with:

Tribe->Soulwax->2ManyDJs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

The Facebook page is actually going to be the highlight of my day

New game - find best quote

I've never been to electric picnic and that's the reason why like who even are them artists like Duran Duran have they not pegged it yet oxygen was way better and always was better than electric picnic it's sh1te and always will be sh1te I'll feel sorry for anyone who bought tickets to go to that ya might aswell drink 3 bottles of vodka in shots maybe then it won't be to bad cause ya won't remember a f**king thing 😂😂😂

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

I love reading the facebook comments ... hilarious.

Also, people should bear in mind that even though a band might be called headliner, that does not mean that they will be last act on the main stage on that day.

Would not be surprised if 2manydjs are announced to play the late slot on the Saturday. You know ... so saturday could close with:

Tribe->Soulwax->2ManyDJs

Soulwax are 2ManyDJs. Though they do like their marathon sets (Despacio you beautiful beautiful little tent).

Actually, you probably know that. Carry on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

**** it, i'm actually delighted with that, there's 16 acts there alone that I'm really happy about.

gonna have a blast!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Synode wrote: »
    Soulwax are 2ManyDJs. Though they do like their marathon sets (Despacio you beautiful beautiful little tent)

That's why I am suggesting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,221 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

And here we go again boys! Who was it people were predicting last year? Radiohead? Red Hot Chili Peppers? In the end we got Noel Gallagher. I'd imagine a similar status act this year, not quite a headliner but nearly. Not Kasabian or Muse or anyone like that.

I'm happy enough with that announcement. The headliners don't interest me much (Duran Duran wtf?) but the undercard already has loads of quality with more to come. I'm hoping Lorde gets added at some stage and maybe Prophets of Rage. I guess The xx are our Friday night dance headliner? I'd have preferred The Prodigy or Justice. I can already count 10 acts on that poster that I want to see.

I just hope they put RTJ somewhere that can handle the crowd, I could see a situation where there are people outside the electric arena disappointed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Paleblood

I love Fleet Foxes' Helpnessness Blues, and now I find out that Father John Misty was the drummer on it and in fact has his own outstanding solo career. That's what I love about the Picnic. One of the names that I scrolled over thinking "who?" is now on my absolute must-see list for the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

kg703 wrote: »
    The Facebook page is actually going to be the highlight of my day

New game - find best quote

I've never been to electric picnic and that's the reason why like who even are them artists like Duran Duran have they not pegged it yet oxygen was way better and always was better than electric picnic it's sh1te and always will be sh1te I'll feel sorry for anyone who bought tickets to go to that ya might aswell drink 3 bottles of vodka in shots maybe then it won't be to bad cause ya won't remember a f**king thing ������

How do so many people spell Oxegen incorrectly and their lack of punctuation is difficult to read.

Those Facebook comments are a pain to read! I'll sticks with boards users and their usually constructed criticism and opinions.

How do so many people spell Oxegen incorrectly and their lack of punctuation is difficult to read.

Those Facebook comments are a pain to read! I'll sticks with boards users and their usually constructed criticism and opinions.

F**k you ya bleeedin looser ya!!

(Kidding!)

Paleblood wrote: »
    I love Fleet Foxes' Helpnessness Blues, and now I find out that Father John Misty was the drummer on it and in fact has his own outstanding solo career. That's what I love about the Picnic. One of the names that I scrolled over thinking "who?" is now on my absolute must-see list for the weekend.

Anyone listen to the new album yet? Is it as good as the last one?

The gigs he did in Vicar St for the last one were excellent, should be a shoe-in for the EA.

Anyone listen to the new album yet? Is it as good as the last one?

The gigs he did in Vicar St for the last one were excellent, should be a shoe-in for the EA.

TXFM have been banging on for ages about FJM so will definitely line a few songs up to get used to

• Advertisement

MadYaker wrote: »
    And here we go again boys! Who was it people were predicting last year? Radiohead? Red Hot Chili Peppers? In the end we got Noel Gallagher. I'd imagine a similar status act this year, not quite a headliner but nearly. Not Kasabian or Muse or anyone like that.

I'm happy enough with that announcement. The headliners don't interest me much (Duran Duran wtf?) but the undercard already has loads of quality with more to come. I'm hoping Lorde gets added at some stage and maybe Prophets of Rage. I guess The xx are our Friday night dance headliner? I'd have preferred The Prodigy or Justice. I can already count 10 acts on that poster that I want to see.

I genuinely don't care about the top end of bill. As I said in a previous post. I'd prefer a strong middle low end of card. It was very noticeable last year that the tents and main stage were half empty during the day and early evening, because IMO of a lack of quality throughout bill. It was poorly balanced. A strong undercard is better for the festival.

For the record, I'm not a Noel G fan but he headlines festivals throughout Europe over last couple of years. He is that calibre of act.

Advertisement