Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,664 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

OhHiMark wrote: »
    They've listed the XX, Tribe & Duran Duran as headliners so no more Radiohead talk!

A couple of nuggets in there, we did get Soulwax

I'm sure a certain somebody will be in to say that those three aren't big enough and there's room for one more super headliner: RADIOHEAD.
    Not this time. Though I promise to do so on the 2018 thread.
    I reckon there's a hole in the line-up but won't be filled by Thom & Co or the Roses. Can see Kasabian, or even Muse being added to that list.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Is it too early to complain about the delay for the second announcement?

There was one or two years they added some more artists later in the day, 2013 in particular The Knife and My Bloody Valentine were added later I think, so that could constitute a second announcement ha ha. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Peesh89

Only bleedin' delireh with that line up so far to be honest!
    Looking forward to The XX, London Grammar, Pretenders, FJM, Madness, Mano le tough, soulwax (can't wait!), Duran Duran be great craic.. Kiasmos and Floating points both fantastic have seen before and really enjoyed both... I'm just listing the line up now.

Think I'll buy popcorn on the way home from work to sit and read the FB comments..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

room_149 wrote: »
    Here's hoping Interpol will be on the main stage again rather than in the Electric Arena. They were great along with the Manics on the Sunday of 2015 outdoors

Their light show is top notch, really adds to the performance. Its completely wasted at an evening slot on an outdoor stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭room_149

lc180 wrote: »
    Their light show is top notch, really adds to the performance. Its completely wasted at an evening slot on an outdoor stage.
    Agree that the light show (indoors & after dark) is great but I've caught 'outdoors during the early evening' Interpol many times over the years and have equally enjoyed the experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,727 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Peesh89 wrote: »
    Only bleedin' delireh with that line up so far to be honest!
    Looking forward to The XX, London Grammar, Pretenders, FJM, Madness, Mano le tough, soulwax (can't wait!), Duran Duran be great craic.. Kiasmos and Floating points both fantastic have seen before and really enjoyed both... I'm just listing the line up now.

Think I'll buy popcorn on the way home from work to sit and read the FB comments..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

Reading this, I suspect that they are more than a few acts on the lineup that you do not know... there are loads of really top notch acts in there... you might need to do a bit of research.

E.g ... Run the Jewels? Car Seat Headrest? Young Fathers? Michael Kiwanuka? Father John Misty. These are all top notch artists and very much of their time.

If these do not appeal, then I do not understand your musical taste which in fairness appears to be somewhat eclectic.

Apologies if I sound patronising. That was not my intention.

i think i saw run the jewels at longitude last year but was inebriated!
    I will put the headphones on for rest of the day and come back to you on the others :cool::D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

I, for one, CAN'T FUPPIN WAIT

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

room_149 wrote: »
    Here's hoping Interpol will be on the main stage again rather than in the Electric Arena. They were great along with the Manics on the Sunday of 2015 outdoors

I would love to have seen that double bill but I'd hung up my EP hat that year. Awful carry on. I would wager they would co-headline Electric Arena though. They are doing TOTBL in full and more so would probably be given a full 1.5hr set.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭strawberryb0y

Disappointed not to get a ticket but I would strongly recommend checking out Kiasmos.
    Their eponymous album is 10/10 imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Overall very very pleased with that.

Really the only thing I was a little negative on is that I got all excited about Phoenix and now it's very hard to know what the story is... having them on the line-up would be fantastic.

Lots and lots of good stuff on there and plenty of names that I don't know and am interested in.

Yay :)

Disappointed not to get a ticket but I would strongly recommend checking out Kiasmos.

There is still time to get a volunteer application in, another avenue into festival land.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

This is one of the few albums where the number goes up to 11. All the way up!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Love the positivity!!!

I know and I'm normally a totally miserable bastard.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭RastaRed

dont give up yet, im sure theres going to be loads on sale based on the facebook comments : )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

Kiasmos are just announcing their first summer festivals of 2017 and will be releasing new music. Fingers crossed for EP!

Feeling very pleased I made one great prediction :cool:

As previous posters have said check out Kiasmos' music if you haven't done so, they are brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Must have a look at bukeface when i get back to me hotel later, I'd say it must be an utter riot.

....They are doing TOTBL in full and more so would probably be given a full 1.5hr set.
    I keep forgetting that it's going to be a "Turn off...." set.
    Might be better suited to an intent experience as per the other posters comment.

RastaRed wrote: »
    dont give up yet, im sure theres going to be loads on sale based on the facebook comments : )

All these people whinging on Facebook should feck off to Glasgow in July and go to the TRNSMT festival which is basically T in the Park turned into a Longitude or Forbidden Fruit, T in the Park caters for similar taste to Oxegen fans. Which is basically the gap where these facebookers are venting their spleen to EP.

Really liking this new Phantogram album. Would be a perfect band for EP.

No Irish dates on their upcoming European tour typically... :(

.. from last October ... they do read us ... and react ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

If that was a cut price festival lineup like Indiependence I'd be disappointed. If I had just bought full price for EP and saw that I'd be absolutely sick! Terrible lineup. IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,733 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

For all those complaining, may I politely suggest (and I am being sincere) that you download the spotify playlist and give it maybe 3 listens.

If you don't discover minimum 3 acts that you have never heard of but now like and furthermore would like to see live, I will be most surprised.

So the same again for the 2nd announcement, and then the 3rd. You'll have plenty to keep you occupied for the weekend then so.

Also, for those complaining, who would you like to see?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

If that was a cut price festival lineup like Indiependence I'd be disappointed. If I had just bought full price for EP and saw that I'd be absolutely sick! Terrible lineup. IMO.

lol A festival in Mitchelstown is gonna be getting the XX, Run The Jewels,Interpol, A Tribe Called Quest, London Grammar, Band of Horses etc? :rolleyes:

Eod100 wrote: »
    lol A festival in Mitchelstown is gonna be getting the XX, Run The Jewels,Interpol, A Tribe Called Quest, London Grammar, Band of Horses etc? :rolleyes:

I just think it's s sh!te cheap ass cut price lineup. And I love The XX

Eod100 wrote: »

"Michelstown/ Stradbally, sure aren't they all in Dublin anyways?" says Outkast

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

sydthebeat wrote: »
    none of the headliners attract me at all.
    A tribe called quest are sonically good craic, but probably one of the worst headliners ever.

Glad about Band of horses (didnt get to see them last month) and divine comedy..

will probably catch pretenders, madness (who always put a good show on played EP before iirc), michael kiwanuka, young fathers.

enough for the pill heads in there with pete tong and RTJ

very disappointed overhead the albatross and RSAG arent in there.

all in all a pi$$poor line up, im really expecting bigger names to be announced

You know a lad is talking out his hole when he calls Run the Jewels something "for the pill heads".

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Put it this way, it's €240 for the weekend. €80 a day for the 3 days. You'd surely see 3 acts you want a day. Most gigs these days are like €30. There's your money back right there. Plus camping and getting to explore all the different areas, Body and Soul etc, Trenchtown etc.

Indiependence is what €120 for tickets at the moment? It's a serious step-up in line-up and with Indie you get a few stages and that's that. None of the other areas and stages EP has. I think €120 more is very reasonable tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,733 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Duran Duran are not cheap (believe it or not)

Chaka Chan is not cheap.

Besides, you are equating cheap and crap entertainment. You need to look lower down on the poster - dig for some new stuff. If mainstream or big names are your thing, then that is fine too. Ed Sheeran played the EP at one stage you know..

I would rather see the money spread across the undercard like this rather than wasting a shed load of cash on some "popular" headliner along the lines of The Killers.

I think most of us are happy with this so far.

• Advertisement

Lads, it's all personal, it's sh!te, IMO. Worst ever. IMO

Advertisement