Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭LostArt

Would also appreciate the code please!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Aha FFS!! would have thought TM history was the ultimate proof!!

I have x5 picnics at least on the current TM account but they're accepting this as proof!!!?? I have some wrist bands at home, but won't be there for a few days.

Anyone call up ticket mast and get a code?

Ring them up and they will check your history

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Canneverfindit

I have x5 picnics at least on the current TM account but they're accepting this as proof!!!?? I have some wrist bands at home, but won't be there for a few days.

See - I'm confused about this too.
    TM history - no brainer. You bought tickets.

Wristband proof? well I have 3 at home. But I sent pics of lanyards/ wristbands last year and was told I had to be actually physically wearing them. Which makes sense, to be fair as otherwise - I could grab a few wristbands from some friends and let on I had attended. Or we could all share the same picture of a pile of bands. Thing is, I dont tend to take clear photos of me wearing a wristband at the picnic (I will in future).

Now I hear people ARE getting codes just sending pics of bands in.

I just dont get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Anyone ever had luck where they had bought previous tickets on an old Ticketmaster account (using an email they no longer have access to), for their loyalty proof?

Wristband proof? well I have 3 at home. But I sent pics of lanyards/ wristbands last year and was told I had to be actually physically wearing them. Which makes sense, to be fair as otherwise - I could grab a few wristbands from some friends and let on I had attended. Or we could all share the same picture of a pile of bands. Thing is, I dont tend to take clear photos of me wearing a wristband at the picnic (I will in future).

I just dont get it.

They are x amount of discount tickets to sell they dont care who buys them or how vague the proof of attendance is as long as someone buys them.

• Advertisement

threein99 wrote: »
    They are x amount of discount tickets to sell they dont care who buys them or how vague the proof of attendance is as long as someone buys them.

Is that it?
    On one hand - great. My 2014 proof is admittedly a little vague but will hopefully do so I'd be relieved by this.
    On the other hand - a bit unfair. If you attended 4 picnics and I 'only' attended 1, it'd be rubbish if I got a large discount and you didnt...

Lads, just on the sharing the same code previously in the thread.

Seen EP on Twitter saying that only 2 tickets can be bought with the same code.

Not sure if that means John can buy one ticket only on his account with a code and Mary can buy one on her account on the same code but regardless - apparently the system is configured to only allow 2 tickets to go through.
    I dont think it'll work for you :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭LostArt

Lads, just on the sharing the same code previously in the thread.

Seen EP on Twitter saying that only 2 tickets can be bought with the same code.

Not sure if that means John can buy one ticket only on his account with a code and Mary can buy one on her account on the same code but regardless - apparently the system is configured to only allow 2 tickets to go through.
    I dont think it'll work for you :(

Cheers, will have to ring them to get my code for 3 or more

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

Tickets purchased for next year. It's ridiculous that I'm excited about it already. Paid the extra 25 to go down the Thursday too. Looking forward to waking up on site, stress free on the Friday :)

General AND Family campervan tickets now all sold. I'd be wary that the loyalty tickets will go soon too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

Are there any kinds souls who could spare a code please :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

I just dont get it.
    Yeah it's a bit crazy, that was the reply from their FB account.

I ended up ringing TM, took a bit of button pressing to get to speak to an operator. Told the guy I wanted 3 EP or more discount, he didn't ask for a code or give the impression that he was matching this transaction to my TM account. (Although I did give my e-mail towards the end)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

MJohnston wrote: »
    General AND Family campervan tickets now all sold. I'd be wary that the loyalty tickets will go soon too.

Campervan tickets have sold out within a couple of hours for the last few years I think, were gone in 90 mins last year.

Loyalty/early birds should be around a while yet.

maximoose wrote: »

Campervan tickets have sold out within a couple of hours for the last few years I think, were gone in 90 mins last year.

Loyalty/early birds should be around a while yet.

I wonder has extra capacity been added this year?

They confirmed no increase from 55k if that's what you mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭RastaRed

Probably been asked before but I applied for loyality code online last night, still no reply, anybody got a ph number, I rang festival republic and they couldnt help

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

Rang them and my account only showed history of one purchase. She gave me 3 year code regardless. Bought two tickets there on the installment plan.

If anyone has a spare code the gf would appreciate it, she didn't make the initial cut for the first two I purchased.:eek: Had to give first preference to the friend that purchased with me for 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭RastaRed

Rang them and my account only showed history of one purchase. She gave me 3 year code regardless. Bought two tickets there on the installment plan.

If anyone has a spare code the gf would appreciate it, she didn't make the initial cut for the first two I purchased.:eek: Had to give first preference to the friend that purchased with me for 2016.

what ph number did you ring?

RastaRed wrote: »
    Probably been asked before but I applied for loyality code online last night, still no reply, anybody got a ph number, I rang festival republic and they couldnt help

0818 903 001 - Ticketmaster

Brave move :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

MJohnston wrote:
    Because how else am I meant to bring a campervan on site?

If it's that bad, you don't? It's like buying a ****e pint in a bar, compaining to yourself, and then going up an asking for another ****e pint. Don't pay for a service you think is inadequate.

MJohnston wrote:
    Because how else am I meant to bring a campervan on site?

If it's that bad, you don't? It's like buying a ****e pint in a bar, compaining to yourself, and then going up an asking for another ****e pint. Don't pay for a service you think is inadequate.

Ha ha.... what???

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭wowy

Pair of tickets bought. Would've waited til the line-up was announced, but the €100 saving for the pair of tickets made it too tempting to pass up.

51 weeks to go.

They confirmed no increase from 55k if that's what you mean.

I mean for Campervan

• Registered Users Posts: 26 PBB

Perhaps slightly more realistic, Pavement do a 25th anniversary of Slanted and Enchanted tour.

I think I might faint if that was announced.

Anyone else see them at the Rock Garden - possibly in 94?

Yes and you're right - '94 as per this hot press review... http://www.hotpress.com/music/reviews/live/PAVEMENT/470110.html

Seen Stephen Malkmus twice in last couple of years - at the Picnic 2 years ago and in Austin, TX last year. He didn't do it at Picnic but he's taken to playing some pavement tunes in the encore... well worth seeing either way.

However - my wish list of reunion events for Picnic 2017 are

- Sonic Youth
    - Pavement
    - That Petrol Emotion
    - An Emotional Fish
    - The Golden Horde

Already planning to see Dinosaur Jr in November, but they'd be welcome back as well....

I mean for Campervan

Oh, there's no way they've increased capacity imo. Family campervan they've probably shrunk going by previous years.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Ha ha.... what???

Makes sense in my head ;)

I get what you're saying, but it's not quite an accurate analogy unfortunately. More accurate would be that you went to a bar that you love, then got a crap pint, complained to yourself, but went to the bar again for the same crap pint, because the alternatives are drinking a literal (but free) pint of toilet water, or leaving the bar completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

He obviously enjoys picnic enough to put it up with what he considers to be substandard camper van facilities. It's more like going back to a bar that is amazing and you have a great time in but they only serve 1 type of **** beer, so you drink it.

• Advertisement

Folks - anyone who emailed pics/ dropbox links to the email address as proof - did you get emails from 'box' saying 'success! your email attachment was uploaded to Box...'

I'm wondering if this is the EP people looking through my stuff and its an automated thing??

I was hacked (badly!!) earlier this year and I get into a severe panic if I start seeing something odd/ odd emails coming through...
    just wanted to check..

Advertisement