Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Tago Mago

MJohnston wrote: »
    Which is why I'm starting the Gorillaz 4 EP rumour train right here and now.

EP this year & Marley Park or similar next year Damon you know it makes sense :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

RastaRed wrote: »
    jobless wrote: »
    so whats the best camping location() for us 35-40 yr olds?... was in the jimi hendrix a couple years ago and it was a bit messy!

I stayed in the Eco campsite and it was excellent, great atmosphere, not a scobe in sight, avoid hendrix at all costs, joplin is supposed to be ok
    wheres the eco campsite?..... sounds good, yeah i thought hendrix was messy 2 years ago so looking for something a little less messy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

It's not even about the type of person, it's more just the amount of every type of person in Hendrix. Never had any issues with anyone at EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

D.Q wrote: »
    It's not even about the type of person, it's more just the amount of every type of person in Hendrix. Never had any issues with anyone at EP.
    i had no problems there either, was just the amount of people more than anything.... everyone was on top of each other which meant people falling over tents when they were pissed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Anyone have second thoughts on this due to price of ticket, plus price of everything else there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Paddy2012

Mcbee88 wrote: »
    Hello, always creeping on this thread so thought I'd join in the convo. Managed to get a ticket, thrilled :) feel slightly underwhelmed with the 3 headliners, but in saying that will take a dander to all 3 of them. Pleased with the 'smaller' acts announced though. Really really hoping for The Lemon Twigs to be added, they're playing The End of the Road fest, so it wouldn't be outta the question. Teenage brothers and their 2 mates, really like the sound of them-As Long As We're Together song on repeat here at the mo :)

Yeah was hoping for the same, seen them twice now and it's crazy how talented they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,657 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

jobless wrote: »
    i had no problems there either, was just the amount of people more than anything.... everyone was on top of each other which meant people falling over tents when they were pissed

None of the campsites really have any great issues with dodgy folks tbh. Hendrix and Wilde just seem to attract the biggest sesh-heads though, which is grand if you're in your early 20s, but rather resembles a concentration camp when you're strolling through at 9am after having had a relaxing night in your pipe and slippers in your campervan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

seachto7 wrote: »
    Anyone have second thoughts on this due to price of ticket, plus price of everything else there?

Ticket: €160
    Pink Moon: €120
    Drink and all the rest: €200 - €300

The memories: Pricless

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭BananaR

Eco campsite if you can get it, Joplin if not. assuming you don't want to splash out for boutique camping.
    basically anywhere that isn't Hendrix or Wilde as they're like Mogadishu these days.

Chaplin is fine as well

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭room_149

Eco campsite if you can get it, Joplin if not. assuming you don't want to splash out for boutique camping.
    basically anywhere that isn't Hendrix or Wilde as they're like Mogadishu these days.

Agree with this-
    BTID I used to stay were the Hendrix is now with a gang of 20 or so & feckin loved it! Reminded me of teenage trips to Feile & Reading back in the 1990s. Did stray from it one year- 2007 I think, and camped up on the hill where the Pink Moon tents are now. Twas the year when they used it as an overflow for the Red/ Blue sites (as they were then). Found it much more chilled experience than the Hendrix/Red/Blue etc but went back there again in 2008 none the less and got washed out!!

By 2009 the recession & 30 something stuff kicked in. The group’s numbers halved & no-one fancied the muck and mayhem of Hendrix anymore!! We ‘moved’ to Wilde, found a handy little spot down near the stalls & First Aid tent where the Eco camping area is now.

Most of us had access to campers, caravans & performer passes by 2010 so we’ve tended to stay in those sites since. Nice calmer buzz out there, although it's a bit of trek to main stage from the Campervan site!!!

• Advertisement

Pink moon question for anyone that has done it before. I have paid for a two man tent, I'll be going solo. One group of my mates will be in pink moon in a multi man tent, and I'll have a few mates in general camping too.

My question is this, does my two man pink moon ticket entitle me to two pink moon passes? Can I give a pass to one of my mates in general to use the showers or pre drink or whatever?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

My question is this, does my two man pink moon ticket entitle me to two pink moon passes? Can I give a pass to one of my mates in general to use the showers or pre drink or whatever?

It's my first year doing Pink Moon too, but I reckon if you've booked a two man tent then surely you're entitled to two passes? I've booked a two man tent for myself and a mate but only my name is on the booking. I assume we'll both show up and get a pass each.

Out of interest, does anyone know if you have to go through the main entrance if you're camping at Pink Moon or can you go directly to their entrance near the green car park? It just seems to be a fair old trek if you had to go in the main gate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭jdbarry

Pink moon question for anyone that has done it before. I have paid for a two man tent, I'll be going solo. One group of my mates will be in pink moon in a multi man tent, and I'll have a few mates in general camping too.

Yeah i went solo last year and one of my mates was on about coming down so I asked if was alright if my mate picked it up later and they said no problem at the desk. They just put a note on the booking that somebody was due to pick it up later.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Le Bruise wrote: »
    It's my first year doing Pink Moon too, but I reckon if you've booked a two man tent then surely you're entitled to two passes? I've booked a two man tent for myself and a mate but only my name is on the booking. I assume we'll both show up and get a pass each.

Out of interest, does anyone know if you have to go through the main entrance if you're camping at Pink Moon or can you go directly to their entrance near the green car park? It just seems to be a fair old trek if you had to go in the main gate!

It's already been answered that a two man tent = two wrist bands, but just make sure that if you and you mate have different arrival times that your mate has a copy of the booking mail with the barcode so they can scan him/her in without issue

For the gate, head straight for the paintball entrance, it's about 100m from there to the PM entrance, if possible try to hit the car park nearest (not always a runner depending on the time you're rocking up at).

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Kepler21

I've always stayed in Warhol, which was mostly fine, but some people playing music all night last year disturbed my beauty sleep. I am thinking of the ECO campsite if I can get in, but wonder if its too close to the Rave in the Woods area, and if I'm unlikely to get any sleep until that finishes.

Anyone stayed in the ECO site last year and can comment on the quiet / noise bleed from various locations like Salty Dog and Rave in the Woods?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

It's already been answered that a two man tent = two wrist bands, but just make sure that if you and you mate have different arrival times that your mate has a copy of the booking mail with the barcode so they can scan him/her in without issue

For the gate, head straight for the paintball entrance, it's about 100m from there to the PM entrance, if possible try to hit the car park nearest (not always a runner depending on the time you're rocking up at).

Thanks a million Scruff! I'm guessing I want to try and come from the Stradbally side and hit the green car park. Hopefully be down early enough on Friday morning to get in there!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I came down the motorway from the Dublin direction last year and tried to take an earlier exit off the motorway to come in through stradbally and access the green car park to be close to pink moon but the guards had it closed off. It was such a hike from the red car park to the pink moon campsite! The worst part was that 90% of the foot traffic was coming the opposite way so you were walking through massive crowds. I definitely do not recommend walking from the red car park to the pink moon campsite!

Snarky Snark Snark

I came down the motorway from the Dublin direction last year and tried to take an earlier exit off the motorway to come in through stradbally and access the green car park ...

Which entrance did you use? There was a path that avoided most of the crowds.

This was roughly the path I took last year from red to PM, not great but fairly quiet even at rush hour.

xPzPiRe.png

Note : starting point may not be accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Try and get down before 2 o' clock if you can, the line into Pink Moon in the afternoon is huge.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭budgemook

When is eco campsite available for booking?

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

budgemook wrote: »
    When is eco campsite available for booking?

That's usually pretty soon after the announcement. I'd keep an eye on their bukeface page for the announcement on that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

I came down the motorway from the Dublin direction last year and tried to take an earlier exit off the motorway to come in through stradbally and access the green car park to be close to pink moon but the guards had it closed off.

Yeah, that's always the way. You have to take such a roundabout route to get to the green car park from Dublin that it's hardly worth your while.

Travel tips already... guess it's time to ask about Clashfinder and the weather.

Snarky Snark Snark

Poorside wrote: »
    the weather.

Yes, there will be weather.

Yes, there will be weather.

Will I get away with flip flops or will I need the wanders?

Actually took a stroll to have a look at Hendrix last year, and there was lads walking around in flip flops, in the mud, rotten.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Travel tips already... guess it's time to ask about Clashfinder and the weather.

Clashfinder if your lucky might be put together by the third week in august.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Clashfinder if your lucky might be put together by the third week in august.

Normally print it off in work the Thursday before so I can spend the day hi-lighting stuff to pass the day.

Some beautiful soul on here designed an app the last time I went. Still on the go?

Some beautiful soul on here designed an app the last time I went. Still on the go?

Think he had to pull it last year for some reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Think he had to pull it last year for some reason.

EP told him to take it off the Iphone app but he done a Android version I think. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Advertisement