Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

I'm on android myself, hopefully can still use it. Was so handy. Great interface

• Registered Users Posts: 10,657 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Poorside wrote: »
    Will I get away with flip flops or will I need the wanders?

Actually took a stroll to have a look at Hendrix last year, and there was lads walking around in flip flops, in the mud, rotten.

You hope it was mud :O

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

D.Q wrote: »
    I'm on android myself, hopefully can still use it. Was so handy. Great interface

i used that too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

That was Pablo, and it was brilliant. I think he's already said he'd be doing it again this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

The iOS EP app from last year was miles better than what they'd had in previous years, not as nice as Pablo's but still usable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

The iOS EP app from last year was miles better than what they'd had in previous years, not as nice as Pablo's but still usable

Aye, it was very good once you turned off the notifications.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Paleblood

Aye, it was very good once you turned off the notifications.

The only thing worse than best laid plans going up in flames is getting an hourly reminder that it's happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Normally print it off in work the Thursday before so I can spend the day hi-lighting stuff to pass the day.

I'm actually a liability in work that Thursday. Between laminating...highlighting and the endless group texts and emails about the times I don't get a scrap done

God I can't wait

• Registered Users Posts: 12,221 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Normally print it off in work the Thursday before so I can spend the day hi-lighting stuff to pass the day.

Jesus I wish I had your job I can barely get the Monday after off never mind Friday before.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭BikesKilleen

Rfrip wrote: »
    I'm actually a liability in work that Thursday. Between laminating...highlighting and the endless group texts and emails about the times I don't get a scrap done

God I can't wait
    Must work for the public sector too then?

God I love that Thursday hype...

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

God I can't wait

My godsons name is Conan, when he was younger i tried to get him to repeat what is best in life (from the movie), he could never get it straight, always came out as

To crush your enemies
    See them driven before you
    and hear the lamination of the women...

anyway... there you go, my story for the day...

(source for the philistines among us : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PQ6335puOc)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Will many here go down on the Thursday. If it's a decent weekend weatherwise it'd be lovely waking up there on the Friday morning as people start to arrive

Will many here go down on the Thursday. If it's a decent weekend weatherwise it'd be lovely waking up there on the Friday morning as people start to arrive

It's alright, I've done it a couple of times now thanks to being in a campervan (which has allowed Thursday arrivals for a few years). Maybe now that they're selling early access to regular campers, there will at least be some kind of food vans available on the Thursday/Friday morning, because there weren't really any before. Also, unless you're in a big group, there's a fair tedious wait for the main arena to open up on the Friday afternoon, and then an even longer wait for anything in there to open!

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

God I can't wait

Laminated one year and it's a disaster. You can't fold the sheets and put them in your pocket. Print plenty in case they get destroyed but forget the laminating.

Laminated one year and it's a disaster. You can't fold the sheets and put them in your pocket. Print plenty in case they get destroyed but forget the laminating.

Unless you're going completely phone-free, taking a photo of each day's schedule and then consulting it as you need is a good option. Even if you have your phone's data turned off to conserve battery it'll work too.

I went full pro last year though, I had entries in my phone's calendar for my schedule, including colour-coding.

Of course, I still saw practically none of what I wanted to, but its not because I didn't know it was happening at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

I usually work a half day the Friday but it's absolute torture watching the clock so going down Thursday this year. I turn the big 35 Friday too so it'll be a nice way to ring in my birthday. Just have to be very careful we don't overdo it the Thursday night! :) I'll be very smug watching all the Friday arrivals when I'm already nice and settled

Must work for the public sector too then?

God I love that Thursday hype...

No I don't work for the public sector... I'm just a really crap employee that day! I'm just too excited.. I take a lot of annual leave around ep, the Friday...then the Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Cos I'm old

Snarky Snark Snark

I've had my annual leave days booked since September 6th last year.

I... have no life.

I've had my annual leave days booked since September 6th last year.

I... have no life.

Same!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Same!!!!

Yup, EP is my Christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

No I don't work for the public sector... I'm just a really crap employee that day! I'm just too excited.. I take a lot of annual leave around ep, the Friday...then the Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Cos I'm old

No, when you're really old, you won't need any time off afterwards because you'll have come home on Sunday afternoon.

My first reaction when I saw the line-up was "nice one, Duran Duran are on Sunday night, definitely don't need to be there for that".

That, my friend, is being old.

No, when you're really old, you won't need any time off afterwards because you'll have come home on Sunday afternoon.

My first reaction when I saw the line-up was "nice one, Duran Duran are on Sunday night, definitely don't need to be there for that".

That, my friend, is being old.

Ha, that's why I never carpooled, always drove myself, and rarely drank too much on Sundays. The body pain and the temptation of your own bed is always too great.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Mcbee88

I'm either a Saint, and barely drink on the Sunday(its a long trek to Donegal on the Monday by bus folks), or the craic just gets going a little too much and I adopt a 'no booze left behind' mentality, and drink whatever's left in the tent. I have no control over afformentioned Sunday craic levels, therefore no control over my actions. Have a hyper toddler to return to this year however, need to remember that!! Enjoying listening to all the names I'm unfamiliar with, enjoyed what I heard of Parquet Courts this week

• Registered Users Posts: 12,221 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I didn't wake up until 2pm on Monday last year and didn't start driving until 4. Gotta be sure all the drink etc is out of your system because there's gardai all over the place. Leave at 4 home by 7 asleep by 8 and up at 8 the next morning for work. It's worked the last 2 years for me. Before that I was in college so it didn't matter.

Love how we're all pre-planning a hangover/how to get a good long sleep 5 months ahead of time :D:D

Snarky Snark Snark

If you think that's planning, wait till you see the checklists of what to bring to a festival.

If you think that's planning, wait till you see the checklists of what to bring to a festival.

I'll have me list made out mid-August. No joke, love a good list, never fails me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

That was Pablo, and it was brilliant. I think he's already said he'd be doing it again this year.

What I am hoping to do this year is just build one app to rule them all.

I had to pull the iOS app last year but I did the Android one.

This year I plan to do a general timetable app which you can browse for festivals and load up the one you want. So you can use the same app for B&S, EP, Glasto etc...If its on clashfinder, it will be in the app. As it won't be targeted at any one festival, I will be able to do an iOS one and an Android one.

That's the plan, but I need to find some free time at some point to get it all together.

If I get even more time, I will look to integrate some social network functionality, where you can share your itinerary with your friends, see what are popular acts, check in at a set etc.. (this might be the 'pro' version)

Snarky Snark Snark

Mcbee88 wrote: »
    I'll have me list made out mid-August. No joke, love a good list, never fails me.

used this last year, worked well but will be updated come august timeframe.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=100809862&postcount=6669

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

156 sleeps

Advertisement