Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Tago Mago

As Pink Moon is now sold out can anyone compare & contrast the various merits/negatives of boutique camping in comparison?

Basically could maybe justify the outlay if there was a shortcut into the performing area and suppose accessibility from parking perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

Does anyone know what how strict they are about parking campers in the normal carpark? We just bought it so don't have campervan tickets. We will be camping in the campsite as normal but would be nice to have the camper there if it's raining or just to get a bit of decent sleep of needed? It's not a big camper it's a converted van so was hoping once we left with all our tents they'd let us leave it there?

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Tago Mago wrote:
    As Pink Moon is now sold out can anyone compare & contrast the various merits/negatives of boutique camping in comparison?

Tago Mago wrote:
    Basically could maybe justify the outlay if there was a shortcut into the performing area and suppose accessibility from parking perspective.

No negatives from my pov. Well worth the money and it doesn't work out overly expensive anyway.
    Arrive to your tent up, open a can straight away after the trek in. Leave monday morning in a state without having to pack away a tent, possibly in the rain when all you want is to get going. Access to clean toilets and lovely individual hot showers that I've never had to que for.
    And yes there is a direct access from there to the arena.
    You get to a certain age and you can afford these thing's, there's no point denying yourself.
    If you do it once you'll never go back to the slums

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

dmm82 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what how strict they are about parking campers in the normal carpark? We just bought it so don't have campervan tickets. We will be camping in the campsite as normal but would be nice to have the camper there if it's raining or just to get a bit of decent sleep of needed? It's not a big camper it's a converted van so was hoping once we left with all our tents they'd let us leave it there?

I can pretty much guarantee you that you will pick up a campervan ticket the week before on toutless. It was easy last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭SachaJ

dmm82 wrote: »

I'd say you have a zero chance that they would let you into the car park with a camper. Sure we'd all be doing it then and not buying a camper ticket.

On another note. In my wisdom I bought a caravan ticket instead of a camper. Do I need to sell that and buy a proper campervan ticket if I buy a one instead of the caravan?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

SachaJ wrote: »
    I'd say you have a zero chance that they would let you into the car park with a camper. Sure we'd all be doing it then and not buying a camper ticket.

On another note. In my wisdom I bought a caravan ticket instead of a camper. Do I need to sell that and buy a proper campervan ticket if I buy a one instead of the caravan?

Last year I used a caravan ticket and rolled in on the Thursday evening in the campervan. Not an eyelid was batted... it was no problem at all..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,657 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

This came up a lot last year, but it wasn't an issue for anyone.

Same with the 'awning' rule, which practically everyone in the site ignored (and security actively asked whether people arriving needed awning space!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

I see that Nadia Reid and Julie Byrne are playing Whelans the Wednesday before the picnic.

They're off to the UK the following day, so maybe that makes it less likely, but both would be lovely additions.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭mgkelly

I see that Nadia Reid and Julie Byrne are playing Whelans the Wednesday before the picnic.

They're off to the UK the following day, so maybe that makes it less likely, but both would be lovely additions.
    Never heard of either of them, but a quick net search is interesting.
    They both sound as if they'd be good for EP, alright. Nadia Reid is a kiwi! Seems to be from South Island - Dunedin, I think. Funky spectacles! She feels a bit 'crusty'. NZ is a bit like that.
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭endainoz

Have to agree with the pink moon idea. This will be my third year there and will never go back to the slums. It's also handy that you can designate an area so you can get put beside your friends along the same row of tents.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

endainoz wrote: »
    Have to agree with the pink moon idea. This will be my third year there and will never go back to the slums. It's also handy that you can designate an area so you can get put beside your friends along the same row of tents.

They made a total and utter balls of that last year

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭endainoz

There was a bit of confusion with our crew last year, but they were very helpful and moved our friends closer to us as most hadn't checked in yet. They couldn't have been nicer.

Snarky Snark Snark

Surprised PM has sold out so early, timely reminder for me to pay me booking balance though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

There's always camper vans in the carpark.
    As for everyone doing it, that would mean the hassle of entry and exit and a long walk. Who'd want to do that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Paleblood

Effects wrote: »
    There's always camper vans in the carpark.
    As for everyone doing it, that would mean the hassle of entry and exit and a long walk. Who'd want to do that?

The car park is very quite.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭budgemook

Do Pink Moon ever come back on sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Ive been listening to the new Real Estate album

Looking forward to them

Snarky Snark Snark

budgemook wrote: »
    Do Pink Moon ever come back on sale?

maybe very close to the event if people have put down deposits and not paid the balance, but you'd be into a few weeks out I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 SimqlySketch

Would there be much of a chance Kodaline, The Academic or Walking on cars(since they're touring) would play this year? This will be my first electric picnic and I cant wait!
    Also I was talking to Overhead, The Albatross (Since I saw it mentioned earlier) And they haven't heard anything yet, so hopefully they will be announced along the line too. Especially since they played Body and Soul last year.

Would there be much of a chance Kodaline, The Academic or Walking on cars(since they're touring) would play this year? This will be my first electric picnic and I cant wait!
    Also I was talking to Overhead, The Albatross (Since I saw it mentioned earlier) And they haven't heard anything yet, so hopefully they will be announced along the line too. Especially since they played Body and Soul last year.

Its hard to tell - they'd probably be a little bit too younger-skewing for the Picnic, but that wouldn't have been necessarily a problem in past years. Its just this years seems to have a slightly older audience in mind. That said, could just be the initial announcement thats that way and the rest will be pop bands!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Paleblood

MJohnston wrote: »
    Its hard to tell - they'd probably be a little bit too younger-skewing for the Picnic, but that wouldn't have been necessarily a problem in past years. Its just this years seems to have a slightly older audience in mind. That said, could just be the initial announcement thats that way and the rest will be pop bands!

I imagine a lot of older people would have been turned off going this year because of the amount of pop(ish) acts in recent editions. Similarly, I imagine a lot of younger people bought tickets expecting a similar line up to what they've come to expect.

It's an odd situation whatever way you look at it.

Yeah, I dunno how the course correction will work, and I don't know how the early sellout factors into what kind of demographic we can expect. Basically nobody bought a ticket based on any lineup, which seems like a masterful error (in one sense) by EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭glencurtis252

Would there be much of a chance Kodaline, The Academic or Walking on cars(since they're touring) would play this year? This will be my first electric picnic and I cant wait! Also I was talking to Overhead, The Albatross (Since I saw it mentioned earlier) And they haven't heard anything yet, so hopefully they will be announced along the line too. Especially since they played Body and Soul last year.

I would say very slim chance of walking on cars anyway as they are doing a gig in the royal hospital kilmainham!!

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Tago Mago

No negatives from my pov. Well worth the money and it doesn't work out overly expensive anyway.
    Arrive to your tent up, open a can straight away after the trek in. Leave monday morning in a state without having to pack away a tent, possibly in the rain when all you want is to get going. Access to clean toilets and lovely individual hot showers that I've never had to que for.
    You get to a certain age and you can afford these thing's, there's no point denying yourself.

Yeah access to the arena was my main query. Much obliged. Doesn't work out all that different from Pink Moon price wise either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭budgemook

Tago Mago wrote: »
    Yeah access to the arena was my main query. Much obliged. Doesn't work out all that different from Pink Moon price wise either.

Is it not pink moon you guys are talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

The Glastonbury line up is out, and it's seriously good all the through the lineup, nice that we have a few of them that are near the top of the bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭LFC CONNAUGHTON

Across Rock Werchter and EP I'm going to see the majority of the acts I'd be interested in from that Glastonbury line up, not too bad!

It'll be great to see Radiohead twice as well after they get announced for this :P

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

In my experience there's no guaranteed direct access into the Arena from boutique camping. There was a 'sometimes' available shortcut that let you in beside the Cultivate/eco area, but more often than not, stewards wouldn't let you up there, even if you flashed your boutique wristband. I've had two years of arguing the case now. It's something of a lottery.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

That'd be from the actual boutique area.
    The pink moon and podpad area is behind the electric arena / comedy tent, and there's a designated entrance into the main arena at that point, and a late night entrance at the salty dog side near hazelwood.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

That'd be from the actual boutique area. The pink moon and podpad area is behind the electric arena / comedy tent, and there's a designated entrance into the main arena at that point, and a late night entrance at the salty dog side near hazelwood.

Yeah this is what I meant. I might have taken up the op wrong if he meant the boutique area separate to pink moon and pofpads etc
    Apologies if so

Advertisement