Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,657 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Poorside wrote: »
    The Glastonbury line up is out, and it's seriously good all the through the lineup, nice that we have a few of them that are near the top of the bill.

I wouldn't mind seeing Solange and Lisa Hannigan from that added to EP. Hannigan especially must surely be playing at least one Irish festival.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

MJohnston wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind seeing Solange and Lisa Hannigan from that added to EP. Hannigan especially must surely be playing at least one Irish festival.

Playing the Monday of Forbidden Fruit as part of the Bon Iver-curated stuff.

Definitely a few great names on the Glasto bill missing entirely from Ireland this summer though - room for Solange, Anderson Paak (I know - supporting Bruno Mars) and a few others for definite among the festival bills here.

Playing the Monday of Forbidden Fruit as part of the Bon Iver-curated stuff.

Definitely a few great names on the Glasto bill missing entirely from Ireland this summer though - room for Solange, Anderson Paak (I know - supporting Bruno Mars) and a few others for definite among the festival bills here.

Damn, she didn't have it listed on here Tour page, so I didn't realise. Still, she could do Other Voices or something like that at EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭GidCudi

Justice, Warpaint, Moderat, Glass Animals and Anderson Paak from the Glastonbury line up please. thanks. bye.

GidCudi wrote: »
    Justice, Warpaint, Moderat, Glass Animals and Anderson Paak from the Glastonbury line up please. thanks. bye.

Moderat already playing FF unfortunately

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Would love Pendulum or Royal Blood to be added.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Mcbee88

Was hoping for flaming lips for e.p but think that ship has sailed, Justice would be a nice addition, and as I said the lemon twigs. Warpaint, angel Olsen, Kate tempest and DJ shadow too please. Is my wishlist getting a bit long? Started a new job and can't book holidays for the first fortnight, so literally quizzing everyone casually to see if anyone else has their eye on E.P weekend. So far, I don't think so! *phew*

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭stead

Bar the headliners I wouldn't say the acts have been completely leaning towards the older demographic. Seciton Boyz, Krept and Konan, Run The Jewels, Vince Staples, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Peesh89

What's the chances Moderat could possibly do two irish festivals...
    Going to FF anyway but seeing them twice over the summer would be superfantastic.
    Know of any other acts who have done similar before?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Kelly Lee Owens' eponymous album is getting some very good reviews. Just giving it a spin at the moment. So far so very good. Another one for the list.

I am already predicting clash hell considering the amount of acts I like on this line up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Moderat already playing FF unfortunately

Glass Animals playing Longitude too..

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭GidCudi

Kelly Lee Owens' eponymous album is getting some very good reviews. Just giving it a spin at the moment. So far so very good. Another one for the list.

I am already predicting clash hell considering the amount of acts I like on this line up.

Literally just came here to say I have the album on at the moment and think it's a super fit for EP. List is building by the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Run the jewels getting a lot of airtime with me.

Literally just came here to say I have the album on at the moment and think it's a super fit for EP. List is building by the day.

Just listened all through it .. cracking album..

@bodhrandude ... one for you .. she is a protege of Daniel Avery and you can definitely hear some of that in there.

Just threw together my EP playlist for the car over the next few months .. goddamn list is 28 hours long..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Just listened all through it .. cracking album..

@bodhrandude ... one for you .. she is a protege of Daniel Avery and you can definitely hear some of that in there.

Just threw together my EP playlist for the car over the next few months .. goddamn list is 28 hours long..

Is it on Spotify? Can you share it?

Synode wrote: »
    Is it on Spotify? Can you share it?

I use Google Play Music so am not sure if this is the correct link on spotify
    https://open.spotify.com/album/0gQysirdqXk3NK8aZUo9cw

Edit: oh you mean the playlist, was wondering why you asked ..

the list is just shed loads of albums thrown together in one list played randomly while i drive in and out of work, slowly edited over months .. its not worth sharing

I think someone here did a decent spotify list

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

If we're doing wishlists, can EP finally get The Correspondents over?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Spaceshanty

Agreed, any of Justice, Warpaint, Temples, Royal Blood, Phoenix, Metronomy, Goldfrapp, Sasha & Digweed would be welcome additions. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

Agreed, any of Justice, Warpaint, Temples, Royal Blood, Phoenix, Metronomy, Goldfrapp, Sasha & Digweed would be welcome additions. :-)

Phoenix have already confirmed themselves.

Royal blood would be an excellent addition. Need a bit of ballsy rock

• Advertisement

Sasha and Digweed - what is this Homelands now? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

First Aid Kit and Goldfrapp would make me happy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

D.Q wrote: »
    Royal blood would be an excellent addition. Need a bit of ballsy rock

Mark Lanegan can easily cover that too if added, amazing performer, wouldnt mind seeing Ride added and DJ Shadow (do some UNKLE material maybe), not too much to ask :P

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭room_149

Sasha and Digweed - what is this Homelands now? ;)
    Hah! I had Sasha's Boiler room 'Trainspotting' era set on in the car earlier. Magic!! This aging raver would love to see him at the Picnic :)
    Also the likes of LTJ Bukem & 808 state would be very welcome too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

room_149 wrote: »
    Hah! I had Sasha's Boiler room 'Trainspotting' era set on in the car earlier. Magic!! This aging raver would love to see him at the Picnic :)
    Also the likes of LTJ Bukem & 808 state would be very welcome too!

In fairness that would be cool, I would put myself into the bracket of aged raver. Perfect on a Saturday evening give you a nice lead into the night

• Registered Users Posts: 2,727 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Very impressed with Run the Jewels, they've gone on the 'must see' list.

Very impressed with Run the Jewels, they've gone on the 'must see' list.

Same as myself. Had always heard snippets and been meaning to give them a proper spin for a while. Really top class stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 mooseloose

Steve Mason would be a fine addition. It's been a few years since he last played.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Paddy2012

Glass Animals are unlikely having played last year (but would love to see them again). Anderson Paak would be excellent as would The National.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,668 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

What chance Prophets of Rage? No dates in late Summer but no Irish dates yet so a small chance. Please say it's so.

Advertisement