Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New puppy - few questions

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Ah sorry Jayop, I didn't realise she hasn't landed yet! The breeders are right to hold onto her another few weeks, and it's great that you're getting to do stuff with her at this early age... It's quite an unusual position to be in :)
    Take full advantage of it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

DBB wrote: »
    Ah sorry Jayop, I didn't realise she hasn't landed yet! The breeders are right to hold onto her another few weeks, and it's great that you're getting to do stuff with her at this early age... It's quite an unusual position to be in :)
    Take full advantage of it!

lol, yeah it's lovely. They're people we know and it just happened to come up at a great time for us as we were looking for a puppy and I hated the done deal buying and selling of them so this works out great. They're not really breeders as such, just dog people who only keep pedigree dogs and rarely breed them but they do like to give them a litter each before having them spayed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,054 ✭✭✭✭tk123

OP check if your vet runs puppy parties - they'll usually allow pups at various stages of vaccination rather than having to wait until the pup is fully vaccinated. I had Lucy in puppy class after her first vacc and carried her in and out from the car to be safe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

@tk123 - good shout - might just ask

Charlie update, 2nd visit to Vet, shots completed, worm tab, de flea, health brilliant and in really good shape.
    now another bloody 7 days until we are free to walk him out and about..... Still house training could not be better and crate training is just bloody brilliant.

BrookieD wrote: »
    Charlie update, 2nd visit to Vet, shots completed, worm tab, de flea, health brilliant and in really good shape.
    now another bloody 7 days until we are free to walk him out and about..... Still house training could not be better and crate training is just bloody brilliant.

Did you buy stuff online or in a shop?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,054 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Still house training could not be better and crate training is just bloody brilliant.

I snuck Lucy out 2 days early! I was rattling on the way to the park in case I bumped into the vet because she often parks the top of our road :pac:

Jayop wrote: »
    Did you buy stuff online or in a shop?

unsure what you are asking mate?

unsure what you are asking mate?

The crate and other bits and pieces you needed for the pup.

• Advertisement

crate was Equipet, as was a couple of toys and a soft bedding blanket, lead. got a gair few bits from amazon as used parcel motel, free shipping so saved a few quid.

Seems as if Charlie has a cold, little sneezing and minor cough - in himself he has loads of energy, eye good, not lethargic at all, and in really good spirits. We turned on a dehumidifier in the bedroom and will keep him warm. watered and fed. Just completed vax on Friday and was mentioned to the vet and she was not concerned at all and after a check was really happy with him.

On a different subject I have a question. yesterday Pup was playing and all of a sudden we had a "lipstick" moment followed by a drop or two of blood. now, there is no blood in urine. there was not yelp of pain, no discomfort from pup and as quick as it appeared it disappeared again. is a couple of spots of blood normal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

bit his tongue or bashed a gum while playing?
    Puppies are often a bit 'off' when they have their vaccinations... in fact my adult dogs were often very off after vaccinations.

I'd keep a close eye for the next couple of days just to be sure. And no, spots of blood I wouldnt be happy about - but this sounds like nothing more than a few drops and gone - close watch to be safe....

Sounds like this puppy is doing so well and everyone happy :)

i called the vet just in case, she said to keep him warm and make sure he drinks for the next few days, checked in with wife and he is as bonkers as ever so seems to be fine. also said the blood could have been just nipped his pubace (?) skin a little his "lipstick" (mad phrase) popped out and was a litle excited. no blood in urine and no ill effects so again all good.

bloody hard work this puppy lark:):D:D

Advertisement