Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best restaurants in Dublin for vegetarian options

Options
  • 05-09-2016 9:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭

Hi all,

I've been given the opportunity to go out for a good meal paid for by my boss as a thank you some extra work I took on.

Most of my favourite restaurants are from my previous veggie days so I'm looking for something new. Somewhere I won't have to choose either risotto or pasta, but somewhere a bit more luxurious than Cornucopia

Any suggestions welcome

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I would recommend Sova Vegan Butcher - we've had a few meals there as groups up to 20. It's more a of an actual fine dining restaurant than cornucopia and the food is great. You can see pictures of food here and book through message or phone:
    https://www.facebook.com/SovaVeganButcher/

menu, sorry for bad quality:

3z7vd7T.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭Guess_Who

I would recommend Sova Vegan Butcher - we've had a few meals there as groups up to 20. It's more a of an actual fine dining restaurant than cornucopia and the food is great. You can see pictures of food here and book through message or phone:
    https://www.facebook.com/SovaVeganButcher/

Thanks. I actually really want to try that place but OH is a carnivore so I need something that'll suit both of us for this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Shint0

Guess_Who wrote: »
    Thanks. I actually really want to try that place but OH is a carnivore so I need something that'll suit both of us for this one.
    How about a good Indian restaurant where there would be lots of options for veggies and the non-veggies?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

If they have to eat meat at every meal :P I would suggest chameleon and get the vegetarian rijst tafel.
    https://www.chameleonrestaurant.com

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭guitarmagic

Govindas?

there's also a new vegan place (it's fast food though, not a restaurant) just up the road from whelans , just past the palace. they make vegan kebabs, burgers and such

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

Greenhouse on Dawson Street has a Vegetarian menu. Top end restaurant by any standard but not insanely expensive.

http://www.thegreenhouserestaurant.ie/dinner.php

• Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Is 101 Talbot still on the go? That was a great spot back in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Shint0

Govindas?

there's also a new vegan place (it's fast food though, not a restaurant) just up the road from whelans , just past the palace. they make vegan kebabs, burgers and such
    Govindas is great for lunch but it probably wouldn't match the OP's requirements for this occasion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

Why not Fallon & Byrnes if you want a step up from Cornucopia with eats for meaters and non-meaters? Is Odessa still on the go? That used to have options for both. Or that place on Camden Street is quite ok - Green 19 (although a bit limited)

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭Guess_Who

Thanks for all the responses.

I think the Greenhouse could be the one. I love Fallon & Byrne but have another night there at the start of October. First world problems!

• Advertisement
Advertisement