Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice needed re child care

Options
  • 05-09-2016 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys

Just a quick question. My self and the wife are going to the doctors today to find out if she is pregnant (5 days late) so fingers crossed we will have good news!

My question is (and I may be jumping the gun already in excitement here) she will be definitely going back to work after the maternity leave and we will have to start thinking about the dreaded creche fees. I have heard the horror stories about them (the fees) being the equivalent of another rent (like 70 euro a month or something), Is it more economical to start thinking about paying a child minder instead?

I just want to keep my options open here. Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

It depends on where you are in the country ,in Dublin fees can be as high as 1400 pm but that is the highest that I have heard of . In the city we paid 1100 pm .
    A childminders cost depends on location too but about 850pm full time is a good estimate .

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

Yes I am Dublin Based, forgot to mention that. Thanks for the pointers

Advertisement