Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Text message re High Usage

Options
  • 05-09-2016 10:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

Hi there 

Please see attached screenshot of three text messages arrived this morning.

I would dismiss it as scam since I am with Vodafone, not Eir, but for the fact that I only changed last month, but want to make sure I'm not being double billed by Eir.

Can you confirm this this is bogus please?

Thanks 

Mark

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

jmark wrote: »
    Hi there 

Please see attached screenshot of three text messages arrived this morning.

I would dismiss it as scam since I am with Vodafone, not Eir, but for the fact that I only changed last month, but want to make sure I'm not being double billed by Eir.

Can you confirm this this is bogus please?

Thanks 

Mark
    Hi jmark,

Can you PM me your account number and I will check this.

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 28,528 ✭✭✭✭looksee

There have been a good few queries about this, but while it is probably not bogus - eir are sending them out - they are doing it very indiscriminately to people who have dd accounts, who have never had issues with their accounts etc. If there is no way to respond it is not likely to be a scam, there would be no point. You can ignore it though unless you have some sort of account that could go over normal levels. 

Its just a minor irritation that they should tidy up. I got one when I had had a bereavement and a LOT of phone calls had been made. I have been paying by direct debit for the last - almost - 40 years and have never had an issue with payments.

looksee wrote: »
    There have been a good few queries about this, but while it is probably not bogus - eir are sending them out - they are doing it very indiscriminately to people who have dd accounts, who have never had issues with their accounts etc. If there is no way to respond it is not likely to be a scam, there would be no point. You can ignore it though unless you have some sort of account that could go over normal levels. 

Its just a minor irritation that they should tidy up. I got one when I had had a bereavement and a LOT of phone calls had been made. I have been paying by direct debit for the last - almost - 40 years and have never had an issue with payments.
    Hi  looksee,

Are you still receiving this message?

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 28,528 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Hi  looksee,

-Pamela 
    No, I think I only had two, the last one was a couple of months ago. 

Hi  looksee,

-Pamela 
    No, I think I only had two, the last one was a couple of months ago. 
    No problem looksee, please do let me know if you need any further assistance.

-Pamela 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭jmark

Just to finish off the story for anyone else who finds themselves in this position.

In my case the texts were genuine, but mistaken. They were from Eir, but a substantial charge had been wrongly applied to my account. And an email arrived later in the day confirming this (incorrect) bill.

Pamela, the Eir rep on here, sorted it all out - many thanks for your speedy help!

I had been going to ignore the texts - thinking they were a scam given the anachronistic reference to Eircom - but glad I didn't.

Thanks again Pamela

Hope that helps someone else out...

jmark wrote: »
    Just to finish off the story for anyone else who finds themselves in this position.

In my case the texts were genuine, but mistaken. They were from Eir, but a substantial charge had been wrongly applied to my account. And an email arrived later in the day confirming this (incorrect) bill.

Pamela, the Eir rep on here, sorted it all out - many thanks for your speedy help!

I had been going to ignore the texts - thinking they were a scam given the anachronistic reference to Eircom - but glad I didn't.

Thanks again Pamela

Hope that helps someone else out...
    Thanks  jmark much appreciated. :D

-Pamela 

Advertisement