Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Ennis with young family

• 05-09-2016 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi all , I'm moving to Ennis with my husband and 3 children next summer . two of my kids will be attending secondary school and one in primary. Any advice on how easy is it to get in to Rice college ? And generally getting them to settled ?

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭babygirlz

Hi Parent 45.
    Good luck with your move to Ennis.
    With regards to Rice College, it seems difficult enough to get in, a lot of children from the CBS seem to get in and then I think they have about 100 spots for others.
    I am hoping my daughter gets in there in Sept '17, she already attends CBS though might be different if they are relocating. The secretary's phone number is 0656822105.
    What are they interested in? There are loads of sports clubs and music classes in town if that's their thing. There is very popular dance company in Ennis and a musical society where they will meet lots of kids their own age.
    Pm me if you need any info, I'll be happy to help if I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭claregal1

Hi Parent 45 - Rice College is extremely difficult to get into - I would advise you to ring the above number and speak with the Secretary Deirdre is her name .
    Also ring around all the other secondary schools as well aand get your kids on the list because I have friends who have loved in town all their life and their kids didn't get accepted for either Flannans or Rice and ended up having to go to Tulla secondary.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Parent 45

Thanks Claregal1 for your advice , its awful that people who have lived all their lives in Ennis and still don't manage to get their child into the school of their choice , my hubby went to Flannans secondary school but from the info I have gathered my preferred choice would be Rice college.

Thanks baby girlz for your advice , will be looking into the youth Clare musical society as my daughter loves drama.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,813 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

When I saw the question been asked about getting in to Rice college I started thinking about the traffic situation.

I am of no use on this thread.

Good luck with the move. Hope ye settle and enjoy yourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭babygirlz

Parent 45 wrote: »
    Thanks baby girlz for your advice , will be looking into the youth Clare musical society as my daughter loves drama.
    As far as I know they are a new group. We went to see their production of Hairspray this year and it was brilliant. She will love it.

Yes my daughter and I also went to Glor over the summer to see this show and it was brilliant .

Advertisement