Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car insurance quote

Options
  • 05-09-2016 10:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭

Hi,

I got a quote for car insurance last week that came to €490. I retrieved the quote today using my reference number, but the quote has gone up to €612.

I didn't realise that the quote could change once you have your reference number (provided you purchase within a few days of course). Even if that's not the case, I don't understand how my quote can go up €122 in the space of a couple of days. Even at the €490 my insurance had gone up about 50% from last year. 

Is there any way to retrieve the original quote?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sharon

Hi doxy, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards. 

If you contact our Insurance Team on 0818 200 363 and select options 2 & 1 an Advisor will be happy to look into this further for you. 

Reps are available 9am - 6pm Monday to Friday and 10am - 2pm Saturday. 

Thanks,

Sharon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭doxy

Hi doxy, 

If you contact our Insurance Team on 0818 200 363 and select options 2 & 1 an Advisor will be happy to look into this further for you. 

Thanks,

Sharon

Called a rep but they weren't any help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

doxy wrote: »
    Hi doxy, 

Thanks,

Sharon

Called a rep but they weren't any help.
    Hi doxy, thanks for getting in touch and I’m sorry to hear about this.

I have checked this and can confirm that the quote will only be valid for the day that you get it. 

The quote given would also be on the condition that the information provided for the quote doesn't change, you will be advised of this on the page where you are given your initial quote and reference number.

Apologies again and please let me know if you need help with anything else.

Thanks
    Nicola

• Registered Users Posts: 3 LAura1810

hi
    I have received letter to say boi need more docs
    I have been in contact im now at work so I cannot call back in
    but I have received an email address which I think may be incorrect if you could give me the correct email would be great thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sharon

Hi LAura1810,

Thanks for getting in touch. 

We're sorry to hear this. Can we ask what email address you were given and we will be happy to check this for you?

Thanks,

Sharon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 LAura1810

Yeah the email i have is boimotor @ rsagroup.com is that correct?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Helen

LAura1810 wrote: »
    Yeah the email i have is boimotor @ rsagroup.com is that correct?
    Hi LAura1810,

Thanks for contacting us again here on Boards.

I've sent you a PM with more information, hope this helps.

Have a good weekend.

Helen

• Registered Users Posts: 3 kidmanager

Is anybodys car insurance cheaper this year? With who?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

My BOI quote more than doubled this year, managed to get it from Allianz over the phone for what I paid last year with BOI (which to be fair was the best I could get last year)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,872 ✭✭✭sporina

got a quote from Ivernia Chill Insurance - €570 fully comp (female driver NCD over 10 yrs, no penalty points, 01 car - any thoughts?

what are insurance prices like this year? are people getting cheaper insurance or ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

sporina wrote: »
    got a quote from Ivernia Chill Insurance - €570 fully comp (female driver NCD over 10 yrs, no penalty points, 01 car - any thoughts?

what are insurance prices like this year? are people getting cheaper insurance or ?

Hi sporina,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.

I've given a link here that you can use to get a car insurance quote with us online.

Thanks again for the message,
    Darren.

Advertisement