Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Someone, please help....?

• 05-09-2016 11:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭

Looking into one of these Android boxes.

Due to the age of my av receiver and tv there are few "must haves" like spdif. Preferably the coax one as the box will replace a WD tv.

1 really important thing for me though is that i want it to use to watch football on tv.

What i am currently doing is blowing up the bet365 live stream to 250% and project that via hdmi on my tv from my pc. Mostly only for Feyenoord matches as blowing up the livestream also affects the main bet365 page.

Now is suppose this should be possible with a android box too, as long as you use the full site of bet365 and not mobile.

Reason i want to do it like this is because it is real time and legal in stead of delayed by 1 minute and illegal.
    It is the delay that is pissing me off

Is there a kind soul here with a bet365 account that could test this for me?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,273 ✭✭✭batistuta9

the full site is only showing that graphical pitch. the stream is playing on the mobile site though, but i can't zoom. i'll look at more some other time for you.

is the delay for a betting pov or is it just a bug of yours?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Bit of both.

Even on the bet365 stream, not the one on the main page but the op out one, there is some delay and i have to make sure i dont have the match selected i am watching.
    As the goal sound spoils the fun a bit.
    Only annoys me when watching Feyenoord.

But sometimes when watching with a minute delay you can almost "see" that goal coming and that 1 minute might just make it that you are too late placing a bet.

But being behind is the most annoying. Also the reason why i never have recorded a full match and watched it later. You ll always run into the result and that just takes away the fun.

yeah some streams can be way behind too. i can avoid results alright, just if it's a crap game/result i'd tend not to bother watching the rest & just go to the highlights

seen your post in that android thread there too, if that's the only reason you're going to get one of those boxes i wouldn't bother.
    watching football on kodi can be a bit annoying if there's problems with the streams. some matches if i really want to see it i'll just use the laptop, far quicker to work/move sources on.

something that might work for you is a chromecast, cast bet365 from the pc & bet with your phone. i look later on too see if it'll do the blown up stream

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Need/want to use it as a media player as well.
    Starts to happen more and more that my WDTV cant play content due to codecs and there is no development on those things anymore.

Problem is that a lot of my stuff is coming of age. Running the monitor and tv at the same time from my pc result in all the fans going top speed.
    So i really would like to turn my old tv in a kind of a smart tv with a box like this.

Posted in the android thread indeed for opinions on that specific box.

In the end i know stuff will happen with that box that cant be mentioned in the open air ;)

the hardware, etc. on it is decent enough, i've no idea of the brand/company though. you'd need to check that as updates/firmware support can be helpful.
    a lot on that android forum like minix boxes for that reason & a good dev community or the nvidia shield is probably the best android box out right now - expensive enough though. amazons boxes another to look at.

a lot of those boxes come rooted too, so you'll run into issues with certain apps if you are going the legal route (rootcloack might help idk) or other issues with drm, netflix only runs 1080p on a handful of devices for example. depends on what kind of media player you want/need but you should consider a windows/linux htpc also

tried casting bet365 from the laptop last night, it'll do it but the video still isn't going to be that big on a tv. the static header they've on the page & resizing is a nuisance on it. casting it from mobile & changing the ratio on the tv itself actually worked better as you can the player central on the tv

• Advertisement
Advertisement