Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cricket for a Newbie

Options
  • 05-09-2016 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭

Had a quick search but most topics seem a while old and a little dead. Apologies if I should have used a different thread.

So, I've never really played cricket, but I am a big enough fan. Been trying to get fit for a while now and wanted to get back into some form of sport. Stopped playing football a good couple of years back now and while looking into that I had the bright idea to maybe give cricket a go. The most I've done in the game is a few knocks with my nephew in a back garden, so yeah complete newbie :cool:

What's the best way for a complete beginner to get into the game? I'd be afraid that many of the clubs around me (North Dublin) would be too prestigious or whatever to give time of day to a beginner. I assume the summer season is over now, but any way to even get lightly involved? Any advice welcome, cheers lads.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Derco

Taverners cricket would be a good introduction. On the northside I know The Gravediggers pub have a team that play a bit

Advertisement