Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mynute 16E & Nest/BeSmart thermostat Compatibility

• 05-09-2016 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi Everyone,

Need some help clarifying some compatibility questions if it's possible.

I currently have a Vokera Mynute 16e installed at home, regular gas boiler with time switch. It's currently being controlled by two zones in the apartment, a room flash thermostat in the main bedroom and in the living room. My current understanding is that this analog dial controls a thermostat that when on sends a request to the boiler to heat both water for the taps, and the radiators simultaneously, and the temperature at which the water is heated is then controlled by the variable thermostat on the boiler itself.

What I want to know, is given the setup as above, is this boiler compatible with the like of the be-smart or nest room thermostats, to enable control of both water and heating separately, or will I run into issues where I may need to have a thermostat that only controls the temperature of both, or will I need to have the smart control manage the heating, but the old analog to turn the system on and off.

Any advice from experience would be very much appreciated.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

Is your timer integrated on the boiler or external, if external what type and how many channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 NickJohnston

It's integrated in the boiler.

ok, then most likely your system is not correctly zoned, as the timer is controlling only the boiler, and firing directly to the hot water all the time, and your stats upstairs and downstairs are only acting like valve controls with no interlock, so your house may need some wiring to resolve this and give you proper zone control using a product like hive or nest.

A lot of houses were wired like this (incorrectly) during that building period.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 NickJohnston

DGOBS wrote: »
    ok, then most likely your system is not correctly zoned, as the timer is controlling only the boiler, and firing directly to the hot water all the time, and your stats upstairs and downstairs are only acting like valve controls with no interlock, so your house may need some wiring to resolve this and give you proper zone control using a product like hive or nest.

A lot of houses were wired like this (incorrectly) during that building period.

Unfortunately this is what I'd feared and why I came looking for answers, thanks for the advice. Not really knowing much about plumbing and electrics, what sort of ball park figure is usually associated with that sort of rewiring work?

to be honest someone would have to look at it, depends on where cables needed to be run, what could be done wireless etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

I have the same boiler (vokera mynute 16e ) and I am looking at getting the Nest to use with my Amazon Echo

Would any Plumber be able to wire zones in or would it be an electrician?

As you call tell by my questions I wouldn't have a clue where to start!

Advertisement