Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Really Slow Download Speed

Options
  • 05-09-2016 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭

I just bought an xbox one s and went to play Halo that came with it. I had to install an update of about 70gb. It is taking hours, it sat at about 78% for ages and I thought it must have corrupted so I restarted but the speed is just as slow. I am getting between 2 - 10mbs but I have a 1g fibre line into our house. Wireless I get about 400-500mbs, 200mbs on my phone. Why is the xbox so slow? Can I connect it to the ethernet cable and get it done faster? I have no tv near the monitor but I could try to sort something out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I just bought an xbox one s and went to play Halo that came with it. I had to install an update of about 70gb. It is taking hours, it sat at about 78% for ages and I thought it must have corrupted so I restarted but the speed is just as slow. I am getting between 2 - 10mbs but I have a 1g fibre line into our house. Wireless I get about 400-500mbs, 200mbs on my phone. Why is the xbox so slow? Can I connect it to the ethernet cable and get it done faster? I have no tv near the monitor but I could try to sort something out.

It's probably downloading and installing the game at the same time so it's bottlenecked.

If you have access to an Ethernet cable use that as it will always be faster than downloading via WiFi.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

mine does that sometimes with big downloads, next time, instead of restarting the download, just do a hard reset - hold in the power button for about seven seconds until it turns off completely - or switch it off at the wall, when it restarts, it should get the download working again.

As emmet said, always disconnect from the internet before installing from the disc. Its a lot slower to do it while its connected.

Advertisement