Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PowerMax Wireless Alarm - False Positives

Options
  • 05-09-2016 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have a PM wireless alarm system that's self monitored.

Sometimes it sends me texts saying 'Kitchen - Alarmed', but when I check the kitchen with my IP camera, no alarm is active and no motion notifications from my camera (which is working perfectly). Neighbours have also confirmed the alarm is not sounding at these times. It only happens with one sensor... also, when I text it with Status [user pin] it replies with "PowerMax, system status: Away. Fixed alarm in kitchen".

I got it from Securiguard but the guy is so rude I don't want to call him.

Is it just faulty?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Probably a faulty device. Is it a door/window sensor or a PiR (motion sensor)

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭dutopia

KoolKid wrote: »
    Probably a faulty device. Is it a door/window sensor or a PiR (motion sensor)

It's a PIR sensor.

Called company and they sent someone out but it's not fixed. I guess I'll just disable that sensor.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

And did you pay them for not fixing it??

Advertisement